Why become a member? ×

Bass players who take their hand off the neck

PaulWarning

15 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Now that's what you call a serious Rock pose. Having a pee in the gents while still playing something with both hands. :laugh1:

Sadly not,  I had to pee with my left hand. Not easy when you're right handed, and in case you're wondering, I washed my hand(s) at the next break😂

Edited by leschirons
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, leschirons said:

I assume you mean a long ride...on the Harley, right? 

Yeah, like Finland to England, pootle around the country and then back again. 6000 miles in a few weeks. That kind of long ride.

Edited by FinnDave
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, leschirons said:

Sadly not,  I had to pee with my left hand. Not easy when you're right handed, and in case you're wondering, I washed my hand(s) at the next break😂

Returning to the room......

(ready for this?).....

.....flushed with success.....!

(I’ll get me coat)

• Haha 2

So, to sum up the people we hate most:

Bass players who take their hand off the neck without a doctor's note.

Bass players who play covers without due care and attention.

Smoothies.

Hipsters (not to be confused with ex-hippies, who are cool).

Poseurs.

Racists.

John Deacon.

Anybody who makes spelling or grammatical errors.

And rapists.

👍

Edited by Ricky 4000
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ricky 4000 said:

Bass players who take their hand off the neck without a doctor's note.

Bass players who play covers without due care and attention.

Smoothies.

Hipsters (not to be confused with ex-hippies, who are cool).

Poseurs.

Racists.

John Deacon.

Anybody who makes spelling or grammatical errors.

And rapists.

👍

And guitarists. You forgot guitarists

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Ricky 4000 said:

You left out: singers who forget the words, singers who use music stands so they can remember the words, singers who talk too much between songs, singers who don't talk at all, singers with either too much or too little 'personality', guitards who play too loud, guitards who tune up between songs, guitards who don't tune up between songs, guitards who use capos, drummers who play too loud or slow down or speed up, promoters who don't promote, charities or mid-range dining establishments looking for free bands in exchange for 'exposure, band mates who arrive late (or not at all) for rehearsals', band mates who leave rehearsals early, band mates who don't learn the songs, bands who play covers too closely to the original, bands who play covers too differently from the original, bands who play covers at all, audiences which are too lethargic, audiences which are too lively, audience members who ignore the band, audience members who ask for requests, audience members who try to speak to you before during or after the gig, work colleagues who ask if you're in a band, couriers who don't turn up, couriers who do turn up but put the parcel in the wrong place, bassists who play solos, bassists who think solos are bad, bassists who slap, pub landlords who fail to put up gig posters, pub landlords who place the band too close to the audience, pub landlords who place the band too far from the audience, people who use a 4x10 on top of a 1x15, John Hall of Rickenbacker, Henry Juskiewicz of Gibson, any New York luthier who charges more than £500 for a bespoke hand-made bass, people with basses that cost more than £1000,  young people, middle-aged people, old people, Americans, vegans, vegetarians, plantarians, carnivores, theists, anti-theists, cyclists, people who drive Audis or BMWs, tail-gaters, speeders, overtakers, Cliff Richard fans and anyone who is prepared to see both sides of an argument.

Edited by skankdelvar
typos, grammar, sense, too much salt
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

People who say "bassist" instead of bass player, bass players who play chords, bass players who can't play chords, most drummers, people who use quotation marks in real life, people who say "meal" or "tour" in a funny way that isn't funny, the filthy rich, the dirt poor, and students.

Edited by Ricky 4000
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, skankdelvar said:

The dead who lived before us, everyone alive now, all those yet to be born, all life anywhere in the universe and people who put the milk in the cup before pouring the tea rather than adding it afterwards. 

Don't you think that's a little bit extreme? What about Patrick Moore (RIP)... he was "OK" wasn't he...? 😥

edit: Oh, and Mahatma Gandhi?? 👍

Edited by Ricky 4000
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, skankdelvar said:

You left out: singers who forget the words, singers who use music stands so they can remember the words, singers who talk too much between songs, singers who don't talk at all, singers either with either too much or too little 'personality', guitards who play too loud, guitards who tune up between songs, guitards who don't tune up between songs, guitards who use capos, drummers who play too loud or slow down or speed up, promoters who don't promote, charities or mid-range dining establishments looking for free bands in exchange for 'exposure, band mates who arrive late (or not at all) for rehearsals', band mates who leave rehearsals early, band mates who don't learn the songs, bands who play covers too closely to the original, bands who play covers too differently from the original, bands who play covers at all, audiences which are too lethargic, audiences which are too lively, audience members who ignore the band, audience members who ask for requests, audience members who try to speak to you before during or after the gig, work colleagues who ask if you're in a band, couriers who don't turn up, couriers who do turn up but put the parcel in the wrong place, bassists who play solos, bassists who think solos are bad, bassists who slap, pub landlords who fail to put up gig posters, pub landlords who place the band too close to the audience, pub landlords who place the band too far from the audience, people who use a 4x10 on top of a 1x15, John Hall of Rickenbacker, Henry Juskiewicz of Gibson, any New York luthier who charges more than £500 for a bespoke hand-made bass, people with basses that cost more than £1000,  young people, middle-aged people, old people, Americans, vegans, vegetarians, plantarians, carnivores, theists, anti-theists, cyclists, people who drive Audis or BMWs, tail-gaters, speeders, overtakers, Cliff Richard fans and anyone who is prepared to see both sides of an argument.

4 hours ago, Ricky 4000 said:

People who say "bassist" instead of bass player, bass players who play chords, bass players who can't play chords, most drummers, people who use quotation marks in real life, people who say "meal" or "tour" in a funny way that isn't funny, the filthy rich, the dirt poor, and students.

4 hours ago, skankdelvar said:

The dead who lived before us, everyone alive now, all those yet to be born, all life anywhere in the universe and people who put the milk in the cup before pouring the tea rather than adding it afterwards. 

... and Wednesdays.

There, I think that just about covers it.

:) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, skankdelvar said:

misanthropy.jpg.a2cda9b6fa1a86b920221672c4ac2d7b.jpg

• Like 2