Why become a member? ×

Bass players who take their hand off the neck

PaulWarning

9 hours ago, Norris said:

You could solve a Rubik's cube with that spare hand while it has nothing better to do. Now that would be impressive 

Now that would be the ultimate Rock pose. :laugh1:

9 hours ago, intime-nick said:

I took my hand off the neck to write this reply mid-gig but then realised the futility of this discussion....

But you still replied showing you have a stronger opinion on one handed playing than you lead us to believe. Perhaps you are a secret one handed bass player but too ashamed to come clean on the forum. :laugh1:

Take some comfort knowing that its not a death sentence, its an illness that can be cured by proper training, coaching and understanding of why people do this.

Always remember you are never alone on BC. :laugh1::laugh1::laugh1:

Humourous and light-hearted threads or posts are what makes life worth living. Enjoy them for what they are. :)

Dave

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Barking Spiders said:

where else is he gonna put his artisan cheese,  handcrafted sourdough bread and jar of  stuffed olives?

...yeah!

And his beard-oil & 'craft lager' made by a US megabrewery! (To be drunk out of a jam-jar when he gets back to his urban collective)  ;)

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Teebs said:

...yeah!

And his beard-oil & 'craft lager' made by a US megabrewery! (To be drunk out of a jam-jar when he gets back to his urban collective)  ;)

ha ha beard oil, yes indeed. Now I only have a perma stubbly face (more out of laziness than design) -  but was amused by all these beard care kits now available in Boots. Beard comb, beard brush, beard shampoo and wait for it ..beard glitter! Before I go any further I've not insulted any proud beard stylists here have I?😁

Edited by Barking Spiders
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, paul_5 said:

I sometimes do this. Also I have been known to put my foot up on a wedge, never at the same time though; people can’t generally handle that degree of ‘entertainment’. 

You certainly don't want to give away all your stage moves in one go. :laugh1:

1 hour ago, Barking Spiders said:

ha ha beard oil, yes indeed. Now I only have a perma stubbly face (more out of laziness than design) -  but was amused by all these beard care kits now available in Boots. Beard comb, beard brush, beard shampoo and wait for it ..beard glitter! Before I go any further I've not insulted any proud beard stylists here have I?😁

Oooh, I think with this being a random (mock) angry thread -- you'll be fine! 👍

While I'm at it - what about fsking hippies...? ☹️

1 hour ago, Ricky 4000 said:

Nowt wrong wie hippies. I used to be one in 70's. I did alright in life so no complaints here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ricky 4000 said:

Yeah what about them? I've got hair half way down my back and listen to and play nothing but the Grateful Dead. Fsking hippies!

• Like 2

Just now, Ricky 4000 said:

Alright, alright... hipsters then? Bearded hipsters! -- surely they're a bunch of tools!? 😁

This isn't going to end well - I have a beard and a lot of tools. Only today, I was assembling my nice new pillar drill!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, FinnDave said:

Yeah what about them? I've got hair half way down my back and listen to and play nothing but the Grateful Dead. Fsking hippies!

Yep you and me both. Since finishing work 3 yrs ago i decided it was time to let the hair grow again and its now well down my back plus it suits my Harley image again.

Having to keep short hair at work was a bummer.

Dave

• Like 3

I take my hand off the neck for various reasons. Thumb cramps up sometimes, ease the arthritic pain in the finger joints,  a few times to use a Yo-yo in a particularly long and pointless guitar solo and once, to actually go for a pee whilst continuing to play Let's work together (in A) we were playing in front of the loos and the gents door was right behind me😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, leschirons said:

I take my hand off the neck for various reasons. Thumb cramps up sometimes, ease the arthritic pain in the finger joints,  a few times to use a Yo-yo in a particularly long and pointless guitar solo and once, to actually go for a pee whilst continuing to play Let's work together (in A) we were playing in front of the loos and the gents door was right behind me😂

Now that's what you call a serious Rock pose. Having a pee in the gents while still playing something with both hands. :laugh1:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, leschirons said:

Was that bog standard music you were playing :laugh1:

• Haha 3