Why become a member? ×

Lead through the strap?

lowdowner

23 hours ago, lowdowner said:

Thanks but I know i’m Sounding a bit dim but I can’t picture this - what is stopping the lead just pulling like it would anyway?

because the lead is bent over where the straplock is so it doesn't come out, see the video above, thats exactly it!

Edited by skidder652003
  • Like 1

I had a problem at the gig yesterday with a bad noise problem (that I suspect was something to do with a sound engineer - haven't had it before), so I stripped my pedal board apart trying to get rid of it. In the end I decided to go with a cable straight to the amp which cut it down, but meant for the first time I wasn't wireless. And frankly I didn't enjoy it - constantly having to move the cable out the way to not tread on it!

As to the active bass thing, if a system uses a trs to charge itself (which seems a dumb idea), it won't work with the majority of active systems, as that is how they switch on. Or a Gibson darkfire for that matter. I guess because active guitars are less common they do it that way. 

I have also used the Velcro cable tie on my cables, the type with a slot for the cable to pass through. Push the tie to the bass end of the and then thread the tie through the ladder of your guitar strap. Holds just as well and offers the cable some float.