Why become a member? ×

Help! I have GAS for a Cort

philw

I've always had a soft spot for fretless, thin-line style mag/piezo instruments and I've owned quite a few over the years (Status, Manne, Veillette, Fender, Yamaha), and now I've gone and spotted this from Cort and I'm a bit smitten:

http://www.cortguitars.com/en/product/product_view.asp?qCate=00003&qSeries=130&qProdTag=&qPack=&qNew=&qKey=all&qWord=&idx=1291

I need help.

P

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ezbass said:

Cort making use of the Ibby SRH template there. Well, they probably make them for Ibanez anyway, so why not?

Yeah I wondered if it was related to the Ibby SRH but having had a quick look on the Ibby website I suspect not. The Ibby has a forearm contour that's missing on the Cort and the body shapes are generally different too. I payed an Ibby SRH at GAK a while ago - it was really lovely, if a bit of a one trick pony.

P

PS. Speaking of Ibby, I've just noticed they've introduced their take on the NS Omnibass. I quite want one of those too: http://www.ibanez.com/products/eb_detail18.php?year=2018&area_id=3&cat_id=2&series_id=54&data_id=183&color=CL01

5 minutes ago, CameronJ said:

I actually think this Cort is a little better looking than the Ibby SRH, plus has the magnetic pickup. It feels like it sits somewhere between the SRH and SRF in terms of features. 

Agreed. It seems to balance better visually. I reckon they’ve nailed that, if I didn’t have a Rob Allen, I’d probably be all over that.

• Like 1

Price a little on the high side for me and the lined board is a dealbreaker but this looks like a great bass and obviously will play and sound like one being a Cort. I see they're slapping a Fishman badge on those generic piezo bridges too (which sound great btw), Cort do love their licenses!

Doesn't say what preamp is in there though, I take it it's just a buffer and the Bart MKI is used passively? Should sound very nice if so, hopefully they do a 5er.

It is priced quite a bit higher than their existing fretless model but it suppose it’s actually going up in direct competition with the Ibanezes. We’ll have to be patient and wait for them to start popping up on the used market I guess

Edited by CameronJ

3 hours ago, lemmywinks said:

Price a little on the high side for me and the lined board is a dealbreaker 

I've got no problem with the lined board, the dealbreaker for me is the f-hole. It's visually jarring and looks out of place on a contemporary instrument. I'd have far preferred something less traditional, more akin to the 'slash' type on the R*ck*nb*ck*r 360.

rickyslash.jpg

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Rich said:

I've got no problem with the lined board, the dealbreaker for me is the f-hole. It's visually jarring and looks out of place on a contemporary instrument. I'd have far preferred something less traditional, more akin to the 'slash' type on the R*ck*nb*ck*r 360.

rickyslash.jpg

It's a real pet hate of mine, slapping on an f hole with no regard for the rest of the design. Lazy.