Why become a member? ×

Sandberg appreciation society

GisserD

2 hours ago, mattpbass said:

I much prefer the newer shapes, to me they strike the perfect balance of looking like a traditional J/P but with enough of their own vibe to be more interesting than just a straight copy. 

I'd agree with this too. They feel much smaller and more comfortable than Fenders, but without looking a million miles away.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, mattpbass said:

I much prefer the newer shapes, to me they strike the perfect balance of looking like a traditional J/P but with enough of their own vibe to be more interesting than just a straight copy. 

Yep, I find Fender bass too clumpy/bloated looking/feeling after having owned Sandbergs.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BassApprentice said:

Question about the configurator - for those who have custom ordered is the price on the configurator the same price you got if you went through a dealer (Bass Direct or Classic and Cool)

It will be in the ballpark but obviously the configurator shows price in Euros rather than GBP and there is also some dealer discretion to the price. 

Edited by mattpbass

6 hours ago, BassApprentice said:

Question about the configurator - for those who have custom ordered is the price on the configurator the same price you got if you went through a dealer (Bass Direct or Classic and Cool)

I normally get a better price from Mark at Classic & Cool than the configurator produces.

• Like 3

Just now, ead said:

I normally get a better price from Mark at Classic & Cool than the configurator produces.

Yep 100% Mark got me a great price on the glacier white VM4 i have. Such a pleasure to deal with, so helpful and never pushy either which is a good thing.

Dave

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm curious to hear this as well.

I'm sure @Cuzzie answered this for me a long time ago on this thread but i'll see if we have any up to date replies before searching back.

That black P bass does look tasty tho. My issue with Fender P bass is i find the necks a bit too wide for me. I love a Jazz neck but my VM4 has the perfect neck for everything. I'm finding the VM4 neck more comfortable on longer gigs.

Dave

• Like 1

Anyone know where to get new pickguards for Sandberg's?

I'm looking to get a tort one. The Sandberg shop has them but they won't ship to the UK. I've asked a couple of shops and they have said with customs they become very expensive and take a long time and advised getting one made instead. 

8 minutes ago, Folkesy said:

I'm looking to get a tort one. The Sandberg shop has them but they won't ship to the UK. I've asked a couple of shops and they have said with customs they become very expensive and take a long time and advised getting one made instead. 

WD music is usually a good shout for custom pickguards. 

10 minutes ago, Folkesy said:

For an official Sandberg one, I got one via Alan at https://www.synergydistribution.co.uk/
[email protected]

(It still takes a while to be imported from Germany - he'll wait until he's getting a batch of basses sent over anyway)

To get one cut using your existing one as a template, https://tinytone.co.uk/custom-scratchplates/ (aka Jack's Instrument Services).

• Like 1

Howz about earlpilanz via the bay and i think he lurks on here...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/earlpilanz?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=_pj1oDotRNG&sssrc=3418065&ssuid=daj_hJ6fSo-&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

If not listed, you send him yours to use as a template, he then ads it to the list.

Mention Basschat, you might get a discount for supplying as a template...

Edited by PaulThePlug
  • Like 1

Well I'm back in the Sandberg Gang and I'm loving it. 

I've recently had a cull of all basses over 9 1/2 lbs due to back/hip issues and was looking for something that would do lots of different sounds and was light enough for me to gig with comfortably.

After spotting this at Bass Direct I went up to try it and took it home. It's a California II VT in an aged Gold finish with ebony board and blocks. It sounds amazing with the Delanos and the switching between active and passive has really no discernible change in overall volume. The slightly smaller newer body which I at first wasn't sure about is super comfortable and the overall weight is 8lbs 2oz. I'm really very pleased with it. 

EB266AD7-8881-4ED7-9DA9-BD2E65C789DC.jpeg

24A7A8AF-2254-4117-90D3-F79690965C80.jpeg

5ABB2C27-9516-4ABA-A3D4-D214471F9619.jpeg

16B09A0E-3593-4A09-B40D-738FE858812C.jpeg

84BE43D4-2B6E-490C-B15A-58C43ABD8E5A.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Folkesy said:

If it's a TM or TT you're after, let me know.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, wintoid said:

Did you try the orange ones?  I've been eyeballing those but hard to know if they look as red as they do in the photos.

I didn't try them but saw them there. They're definitely a metallic orange colour and they would've been my preferred colour but I really couldn't justify paying nearly £1,000 more for a Masterpiece aged version over the one I went for. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Old Horse Murphy said:

Well I'm back in the Sandberg Gang and I'm loving it. 

I've recently had a cull of all basses over 9 1/2 lbs due to back/hip issues and was looking for something that would do lots of different sounds and was light enough for me to gig with comfortably.

After spotting this at Bass Direct I went up to try it and took it home. It's a California II VT in an aged Gold finish with ebony board and blocks. It sounds amazing with the Delanos and the switching between active and passive has really no discernible change in overall volume. The slightly smaller newer body which I at first wasn't sure about is super comfortable and the overall weight is 8lbs 2oz. I'm really very pleased with it. 

EB266AD7-8881-4ED7-9DA9-BD2E65C789DC.jpeg

24A7A8AF-2254-4117-90D3-F79690965C80.jpeg

5ABB2C27-9516-4ABA-A3D4-D214471F9619.jpeg

16B09A0E-3593-4A09-B40D-738FE858812C.jpeg

84BE43D4-2B6E-490C-B15A-58C43ABD8E5A.jpeg

This is lovely.

• Thanks 1