Why become a member? ×

New prototype EBMM bass!

budget bassist

[url="http://www.ernieball.com/forums/music-man-basses/34835-update-nov-18-nudity-violence-here-ok-new-sss-proto-shots-29.html#post560175"]Here's[/url] a thread on the EBMM forums for the new proto EBMM bass. It's supposed to look like the axis apparently and the full model will get a figured maple top, binding and some sweeeet finishes same as the axis. I'm not sure whether i like it or not right now, i'm not generally a fan of fat bodied basses, but i think it will look nicer when it's done.

Here's sterling having a play

I have to say i'm quite intrigued as to what those buttons do, a lot are thinking each is a pickup select and the bottom button is an active/passive switch then the 4 band bongo EQ, but what does that knob do that would be the blend?

Edited by budget bassist

[quote name='budget bassist' post='332473' date='Nov 19 2008, 05:47 PM'][url="http://www.ernieball.com/forums/music-man-basses/34835-update-nov-18-nudity-violence-here-ok-new-sss-proto-shots-29.html#post560175"]Here's[/url] a thread on the EBMM forums for the new proto EBMM bass. It's supposed to look like the axis apparently and the full model will get a figured maple top, binding and some sweeeet finishes same as the axis. I'm not sure whether i like it or not right now, i'm not generally a fan of fat bodied basses, but i think it will look nicer when it's done.

Here's sterling having a play

I have to say i'm quite intrigued as to what those buttons do, a lot are thinking each is a pickup select and the bottom button is an active/passive switch then the 4 band bongo EQ, but what does that knob do that would be the blend?[/quote]

Interesting. and a nice looking bass
Chris

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='332483' date='Nov 19 2008, 05:56 PM']interesting - don't know if I like it though. Do we know what the neck profile is likely to be? - Similar to a Sterling? Just a guess cos it looks nice and narrow.[/quote]
Yep, very sterling-ish neck profile. At's also supposed to have lightweight tuners with 4 wings so it's easier to tune and a smaller headstock so it balances properly. It looks rather interesting. Also apparently it's going to be available in H, HH, HSS and SSS i think they said. I may have missed some out too

EDIT: the words from the man himself

[quote]This will be available is single H, 2 H (On the two H the bridge pick up will be where the sting ray and sterling is), HSS and SSS
The neck profile will resemble a sterling
the electronics will be based on the bongo with a few twists!!!!!!(All of you who liked the sound of the
bongo but couldnt get used to it will be happy...

There will be a passive component also[/quote]

Edited by budget bassist

[quote name='Sean' post='332633' date='Nov 19 2008, 09:07 PM']Looks like Sterling's been dodging the pies of late.

It looks short scale in that pic but I can't imagine for one minute it is.

Does it have a name?[/quote]
Aye sterling's been on a diet and quit drinking (i'm on those forums WAY too much :) )

No short scale either, just a really fat body i think

And nope, no name yet

i'd only like it in a nice solid colour methinks. white, with black binding would look good to me. or CAR, with white binding. all black with matching headstock would look good. i think i'd also prefer it with HH or just H, but then, i've never liked the way single coils look on musicman basses. they're so fat and with the big pole pieces they don't look right to me, im too used to the eight small pole pices either side of the strings on a jazz style pup.

[quote name='dlloyd' post='333165' date='Nov 20 2008, 02:49 PM']I've played quite a few Sterlings in shops here and don't actively hunt them out. Bongos seem to be thinner on the ground.

The new bass looks very promising. I like the shape and quite fancy an SSS fretless.[/quote]
Damn, i must be looking in the wrong places :)
Ever tried a bongo? awesome necks