Why become a member? ×

Ever get one of those days when you're blown away by your own playing?

WishICouldWalk

[quote name='Shaggy' post='330194' date='Nov 16 2008, 06:15 PM']Nothing beats the pleasure of that very first "suss" - in my case "Down through the night" (Hawkwind - live version) more years ago than I care to count :)[/quote]

That was one of the first things I learned too. Space Ritual I take it? That album pretty much taught me how to play. Love it to this day.

Edited by 4000

I'm more amazed by what I used to be able to play. When I was younger I played in a really technical death metal band. I listened to one of our demos for a laugh a while back and was shocked. I couldn't play the half of it any more, but then again I couldn't play the half of what I can now back then...

That's about the most useless post I've ever made I think...

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='330196' date='Nov 16 2008, 06:18 PM']Pretty much every day is like that for me. I just sit playing my bass and occasionally going "Whoa, I'm awesome".

I have to be careful not to play in any room where ladies are sitting because they tend to slide off their chairs.[/quote]

Same for me but both men & women....... :)

[quote name='4000' post='330310' date='Nov 16 2008, 10:24 PM']That was one of the first things I learned too. [b]Space Ritual I take it[/b]? That album pretty much taught me how to play. Love it to this day.[/quote]

Yup - lost my copy when Mrs Shaggy made me sell all my vinyl (300 albums) at car boot sales pre-move - must get the CD!
Simple, driving, melodic playing from Lemmy.

[quote name='WishICouldWalk' post='330167' date='Nov 16 2008, 05:26 PM']....Ever get one of those days when you're blown away by your own playing?....[/quote]
Blown away? With the band, sometimes, with me, no! I could have a sense of achievement but I know how much better it could have been.
Try to be happy with what you play but never be satisfied.

[quote name='bilbo230763' post='330487' date='Nov 17 2008, 10:37 AM']I am often overawed at my capacity to disappoint myself :)

It only ever comes together about once or twice a year. The rest of teh time, I am looking for the motherlode and winning nothing more than a pan of gravel....![/quote]

LOL! Bilbo, I think you just said it all, and far, far better than I did!

Every gig. In fact I am so sh*t hot it causes women's knickers to fall off and grown men to cower in the corners.

I jest of course. :)

I get moments like that maybe once during a gig with no warning. Usually during a song that we play regularly and I've either got bored and try something new or the drummer goes off on one and I follow.

Great moments. One of the reasons I love bass. I hope I don't stop getting them.