Why become a member? ×

Ever get one of those days when you're blown away by your own playing?

WishICouldWalk

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='331125' date='Nov 17 2008, 10:52 PM']only when I'm listening back to myself after recording sessions cos it always sounds sh*tt*r in the first person for some reason.[/quote]
ditto, whenever im just playing i dont think im doing anything special at all, but every now and again listening back after recording myself i think, hey that aint too bad

[quote name='Shaggy' post='330430' date='Nov 17 2008, 08:16 AM']Yup - lost my copy when Mrs Shaggy made me sell all my vinyl (300 albums) at car boot sales pre-move - must get the CD!
Simple, driving, melodic playing from Lemmy.[/quote]She made you sell your vinyl? A sad day in a 30-40 something man's life. :)
Mrs Steve celebrates my 12".

Oh my favorite Cog shorty, on my favorite album.......I know that feeling..it really depends on where ur minds at..Incognito are great.im always blown away by Randys playing..Julians good too.managed to get Tales from the Beach down the other day, from the new album...Jacobs ladder from 100 degrees and rising is very difficult though..hes a special bass player..

Good on you, Solar Fire is fast and fluid. Randys on fire on that one.. :)

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='johnnylager' post='331080' date='Nov 17 2008, 10:00 PM']Not for many years.

Nice Horace avatar Moody[/quote]

Slightly OT but thanks!! I have mewsie to thank for it!! Not sure the rest of the band are 100% happy with having a lefty Bass player as the main logo, esp our Guitard, but *meh*, that's when I put my foot down :) :huh:

[quote name='Moody' post='331241' date='Nov 18 2008, 08:39 AM']Slightly OT but thanks!! I have mewsie to thank for it!! Not sure the rest of the band are 100% happy with having a lefty Bass player as the main logo, esp our Guitard, but *meh*, that's when I put my foot down :) :huh:[/quote]

but he's right handed!

don't worry though, task is in hand along with the other 100,000 tasks you gave me :huh: :huh:

re: playing, occasionally that happens, usually when i'm playing with Cahoots! but almost never with the as-yet-unnamed party band. (which i am thinking about leaving!)

x

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='330492' date='Nov 17 2008, 10:42 AM']The problem is when I'm playing live and start thinking 'damn I'm playing well' it all goes to sh*t.[/quote]

+1

For me it either goes, "Eight songs in and I've not hit a bum note yet... damint!" or I'll be seriosly feeling it, in the zone and go for a flurry of exotic notes instead of the fill I would normally play, nail the flurry perfectly while grinning at drummer and then forget the key change that follows lol

[quote name='bubinga5' post='331203' date='Nov 18 2008, 01:52 AM']Oh my favorite Cog shorty, on my favorite album.......I know that feeling..it really depends on where ur minds at..Incognito are great.im always blown away by Randys playing..Julians good too.managed to get Tales from the Beach down the other day, from the new album...Jacobs ladder from 100 degrees and rising is very difficult though..hes a special bass player..

Good on you, Solar Fire is fast and fluid. Randys on fire on that one.. :)[/quote]

Hope-Taylor and Crampton are amazing. I blame to two of them for getting me hooked on cheese!

Don't know if it's the same, but I'm really, really pleased with the material I'm writing at the moment and very happy with the bass parts. The band's currently working the songs into performable pieces, and it's coming together much better/quicker than I'd expected, considering the complexity of some of the arrangements.

I'm having a satisfying struggle learning to sing the BVs over some of the bass lines I've given myself! :)

Jon.