Woodinblack

Interesting new Ibanez's for 2018

6 hours ago, fretmeister said:

what the smeg is panga panga?

No idea.

Looks a lot nicer than Pau Ferro though.

Just now, Pauld said:

Panga Panga is a relative of wenge

This is beginning to sound like a sequel to The Lion King...

52 minutes ago, ambient said:

They do make some really lovely and amazing basses.

They really do...and often at an excellent and accessible price point too!

1 minute ago, White Cloud said:

They really do...and often at an excellent and accessible price point too!

A couple of my students have Ibanez basses. The one has a fantastic 6 string bass that he only paid a couple of hundred for brand new.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ambient said:

A couple of my students have Ibanez basses. The one has a fantastic 6 string bass that he only paid a couple of hundred for brand new.

That's amazing. They obviously offer fantastic value for money used!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, White Cloud said:

That's amazing. They obviously offer fantastic value for money used!

Truth. You can’t go far wrong with a used Ibanez these days.

• Like 1

Got to agree on them being superb quality for the money.

I got this a few weeks back (brand new) for £412

IvaWt2u.jpg

Edited by Bridgehouse
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, fretmeister said:

Also - the Dawsons link says 19mm string spacing.

The other SR series Ibby's are 16.5mm. 

I think that's the string spacing for the 4 strings. I bet the fivers are 16.5mm.

I think it looks brill! If I get a new bass this year then it could be between this and the Sandberg Ida Nielsen.

If it’s an SR and a fiver it’ll definitely be 16.5mm spacing. The only ones I know of which break that rule are maybe a few signature SRs and the SRSC805 single cut model which is 18mm I believe.

3 hours ago, Bassassin said:

I think they should reissue this:

I had one, it was great, except mine was a different colour, it was like the dark glow of a fire.

Would certainly get one again!

On 1/5/2018 at 13:14, Bassassin said:

I think they should reissue this:

lot0182.thumb.jpg.f0ccb456deaed6ff6c92efe9bd53cc65.jpg

For a laugh.

I know a chap that has one of these - he's owned it since new since the 70's! Awesome.

On 03/01/2018 at 15:31, NJE said:

I also spotted the Thumdercat signature 6 string in the new catalogue which suggests it may be ‘normal’ production bass now.

Uh oh. I didn't need to know that.... I really didn't need to know that...

edit: okay it is £7000 that will stop me gassing too hard for one.

https://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_thundercat_6_string_bass.htm?glp=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiAs9zSBRC5ARIsAFMtUXFtutCK_TGGZivj7N68Ehbb-UH75J1dL8TLAMs8bq3Swqr72jczKJ0aAnhuEALw_wcB

Edited by gingerfish
link added

I'm more excited by the guitar news. Bringing back the original 1987 style RG550 is AWESOME, and they're even doing a lefty run in the original and super rare Desert Sun Yellow finish. Having owned two original RG550's (a 1989 and 1991 model), I feel a bit of nostalgia. I shouldn't have sold my red one :$

On 11/01/2018 at 08:33, gingerfish said:

okay it is £7000 that will stop me gassing too hard for one.

Feckin' how much?!?!!!!

Wouldn't touch with a barge pole at anything close to that price!

Edited by Wilco

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By cbd
      Hi!
      For sale is an extremely rare Ibanez 6-string P/J bass - in fact pretty much the only model I've seen with a P pickup.The electronics are also really cool - high output pickups mean that you can toggle passive/active mode without the usual drop in volume you get on most active basses - so you can swap from passive P tones to punchy active modern tones in seconds, without switching amp inputs
      Specs:
      SR6 5pc Jatoba/Bubinga neck Bubinga top/Mahogany body Rosewood fretboard w/Abalone oval inlay Medium frets Accu-cast B306 bridge Nordstrand CND P/J pickups Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ/Eq bypass switch (passive tone control on treble pot) Black matte hardware Condition is used, but only just - I got it just over a year ago, but it's not been out loads (gigs have been pretty slow recently for some reason...). A few tiny marks here and there if you look closely - the worst is probably at the edge of the end of the headstock (opposite "R in SDGR" - visible in the photos). Otherwise it's working great!
      Light (well, for a 6 string) at 4.8kg / 10.6lbs
      16.5mm string spacing at the bridge, and 44mm from the centre of the B to centre of the C at the nut. Neck width is 53mm at the nut.
      Now looking for ~£650. I might consider trades + cash for something cheaper too if it helps
      I'm based in Cambridge - collection would be ideal, but I don't mind driving a bit (~50 mile radius maybe?).
      Any questions let me know, cheers

• By NotAsGoodAsJaco
      Up for sale, my Ibanez BTB 1825. Excellent condition/as new.
      Comes with original custom fit Ibanez Case.
      35" scale bass with 19mm string spacing and a 47mm nut width.
      Bought new from Thomann in Nov 2019. Dot markers added by pro luthier.
      Low action, flat neck with  good feel. Just not the tone for me - I bought this bass without ever playing one.
      Prefer a local (London and surrounding areas) but will post within UK. UKsales only
      I believe these basses are discontinued.
      Spec from Ibanez...
      Neck type BTB59pc Panga Panga/Purpleheart/Maple w/Graphite reinforcement rods neck-through Top/back/body - Walnut top, Ash wing body Fretboard - Bound Panga Panga Abalone off-set dot inlay Frets - Medium Stainless Steel frets Premium fret edge treatment Bridge - MR5 bridge (19mm string spacing) Neck pickup - Aguilar® DCB neck pickupPassive Bridge pickup - Aguilar® DCB bridge pickupPassive Equaliser - Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ Hardware color - Gold Width 47mm NUT Radius 400  

• By Osiris
      Now £100

Up for grabs is my used but excellent condition 28 and a half inch scale Ibanez Mikro bass. I bought this to see if Osiris junior would take an interest in the bass but he's not touched it. I've had the original pots and input jack replaced for something better quality and the control cavity has been shielded to make it noise free. There's one of 2 minor marks on the body but nothing significant. It comes with a Fender guitar sized gig bag and a brand new set of Ibanez Mikro strings that I haven't got around to fitting yet. 
      Test drives are welcome and I'll throw in a cuppa too! 
      Collection is preferred from Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, or I may able to post at the buyers cost. 

• By Jellyfish
      Now £250!
      For sale is my Ibanez SR506. This is an early example that features a push-pull pot on the volume to switch between active and passive and a push-pull pot on the mid control to select mid frequency. Other than that, it's very similar to the current day model and is an absolute beast! 
      The bass has recently been cleaned and restrung with Ernie Balls (that currently have about 5 minutes of play time on them!). There are plenty of age related marks and a slight crack near the 6th string tuning peg. This crack doesn't effect the tuning or neck at all and I've been td that it's very unlikely to effect the bass in the future (unless dropped from a small height) :). 
      I've tried to capture the various dents and marks in pictures but otherwise it plays brilliantly and the electronics all work perfectly fine. 
      Padded Fender case included. Happy to courier at buyer's risk (will ensure adequate packing). Also happy to consider trades. 
      Specs (copied from Andertons):
      5pc SR6 Jatoba/Bubinga neck
      Mahogany body
      Medium frets
      B106 bridge (16.5mm string spacing)
      Bartolini MK1 neck pu
      Bartolini MK1 bridge pu
      Bartolini MK1 3-band eq