Why become a member? ×

Xmas price cut madness

SubsonicSimpleton

Just googled Citizens Aadvice and they say that if you've actually bought the item the shop can't ask for more. Once bought it becomes a contract.

If you buy online and they send you the item invoiced at the price listed then that's apparently the contract again.

If like me you go to the till and they scan it and say the pric is higher then you would need to pay the higher price. A lot of shops will sell for sake of customer relations if not much in it.

Guess i was just lucky when it happened to me.

• Like 1

Online: 

The situation is not as clear-cut online. 

The legally binding contract is complete when a retailer accepts an order. However, acceptance does not necessarily happen at the point of order. Even the confirmation email may not be an acceptance. Some retailers reserve the right to cancel an order up to the point of delivery. 

2 minutes ago, Mister RLP said:

Not really bass related but saw this the other day in the ‘sale’ at Wakehurst Place. 

98358DF0-E225-4BD8-AD16-D836B85A6DF2.jpeg

Don't go charging in with a fistful of dollars just yet, hold your ground, be patient and don't back down.  I reckon you'll get that for £24 if you play it right. 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, ambient said:

Is it different to a shop then, where they have to sell it at the advertised price?

A price in a shop is legally an 'invitation to treat' it is not a legal contract - most retailers will honour a price, but they don't have to.

(I've been in retail management for over 20years).

I note that the item in question is suddenly out of stock btw..........

:hi:

14 minutes ago, M@23 said:

I messaged them on Facebook, it was an error (obviously) which has now been corrected. No way it's going to be honoured! 

Well. It’s been a while and I’ve still only got my order confirmation and shipping details in my inbox.

see what happens 

9 minutes ago, T-Bay said:

So have they refunded people yet? Poor if they haven’t. Mistakes happen but they need to sort people out when they do.

Do they take payment immediately or when the order is actually confirmed by them? Thomann don't until they actually confirm, I don't think Amazon do either. It'll take a few days for refunds to go through too, if they have taken payment.

28 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Did you grass us all up? 😂😂😂

Do snitches still get stitches?... "HEY, look over there"... *runs for it*

I messaged and to ask of they were feeling particularly festive, giving a genuine 95% discount, or if it was a ⚽⚾ up. 

Sadly, it's the latter.