Jump to content

Dear guest,

Welcome to the biggest community for bass players in Europe. You'll find the site a great source of information and advice.

Why not sign up now and:

  • Say hello - tell us about your playing, your gear and where you're from.
  • Search the database for inspiration or to find out more about your instrument
  • Upload an avatar and profile picture
  • Buy one of the thousands of items in our marketplace
  • Safely sell your items to a community of proven enthusiasts
  • Upload pictures, audio and videos
  • Buy exclusive items at discount through our shop (coming soon!)

Go on, click the button and become part of it today!

ScOtTy83

London bass guitar show 2018

Recommended Posts

Hi All, 

After missing the last two bass shows im eager to get to the 2018 show. 

It appears pretty quiet at the moment, does anyone know when they are likely to promote and sell tickets for the event? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi mate I think it's likely to be the 3/4th March but haven't heard about tickets yet. We'll offer a Basschat discount so we'll announce it when we know.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ScOtTy83 said:

Cheers, basschat discount? Please Can you tell me more. 

I think last year we negotiated a 20% discount by way of a code to input at checkout. I’ll get on to them soon and see if we can do it again this year. 

Basschat will also be there with our very own stand, hopefully a bit more formally this year (last year we had a little table but actually it was brilliant)

We’ll post about it soon with details of times for members to meet at the stand plus any competitions and giveaways we’ll be doing on the day. 

You might even get to shake my hand which in itself is worth the admission fee. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's meant to be 3/4 March with Bingley Hall guitar show being 24-25 Feb... so some exhibitors are going to have a fun fortnight!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

It's meant to be 3/4 March with Bingley Hall guitar show being 24-25 Feb... so some exhibitors are going to have a fun fortnight!

yeah, tell me about it...!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having experienced the drum show for the first time last weekend, I can assure you that the Bingley and Bass shows are somewhat silent in comparison. Ridiculous! :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember walking into the drum-hall att Musikmesse for the first time...
Danne McKenzie in the Wincent Drumsticks-booth described it best:

- When the doors open, it´s like in Lord of the rings-movie when they´re in the mines and the orches are first heard and then gets closer and closer and louder and louder... 

:)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember news about artists and stuff being earlier last time, but alright, I'm looking forward to it. Missed it this year but I booked my Eurostar ticket vor next March today. Gonna be there with Eich again, together with Marleaux. I think De Gier is also gonna be there again, probably with his new Lowlander model. I'm still hoping for Thomas Stenback to be there...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty sure the first year I went I bought tickets in September. Still no word on these on the website and no artist announcements yet...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been assured that there's a lot of activity behind the scenes, but the organisers are choosing not to make announcements yet. Exhibitors and stars are being booked as we speak, a large number of them are confirmed, and names will start to trickle out soon. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ped make sure they remember our table this year xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2017 at 12:07, ped said:

I think last year we negotiated a 20% discount by way of a code to input at checkout. I’ll get on to them soon and see if we can do it again this year. 

Basschat will also be there with our very own stand, hopefully a bit more formally this year (last year we had a little table but actually it was brilliant)

We’ll post about it soon with details of times for members to meet at the stand plus any competitions and giveaways we’ll be doing on the day. 

You might even get to shake my hand which in itself is worth the admission fee. 

I am surprised you are doing it after the last time you sent emails

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BassAgent said:

Early bird tickets on sale, and the first artist has been announced: Guy Pratt!

Just got an email announcing this.

Any bets he tells the story about the failed demolition of a Status(again).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2017 at 19:49, BassAgent said:

I'm still hoping for Thomas Stenback to be there...

I doubt he'll have a stand (doesn't need to), but he's usually there just for the hang.

Si

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys

I've just got off the phone with the organisers and can confirm that BC will have a stand this year in the Foyer which will be an un-amplified space so we can chat properly.

We'll soon be announcing a BC discount code so as soon as I hear I'll send information to everyone by email and add the voucher to our shop.

More news as it happens - @LondonBassGuitarShow will be coming to update us, too.

Cheers

ped

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ped said:

Hi guys

I've just got off the phone with the organisers and can confirm that BC will have a stand this year in the Foyer which will be an un-amplified space so we can chat properly.

We'll soon be announcing a BC discount code so as soon as I hear I'll send information to everyone by email and add the voucher to our shop.

More news as it happens - @LondonBassGuitarShow will be coming to update us, too.

Cheers

ped

Do you think we will get the discount before the early bird tickets 16th of December?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, timmo said:

Do you think we will get the discount before the early bird tickets 16th of December?

I hope so. Expecting to hear back tomorrow so will continue to chase/pester. I'll check if the discount works against early tickets too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just booked tickets and hotel for the weekend! Will be staying with my fellow rock chick bass player that I meet there every year.  We had an absolute blast last year.  Really looking forward to it! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×