Why become a member? ×

The BIG FAT South-West Bass Bash, nr Taunton, 2nd April

scrumpymike

[quote name='scrumpymike' timestamp='1490625551' post='3266569']
[b][u]Bash update: Zilla Cabs[/u][/b] I've just done a last round of phone calls to our event sponsors, basically to say "Thanks again for your support and see you Sunday." Anyone hoping to sample the wares of Bristol cab manufacturer Zilla (me for example) will unfortunately be disappointed! Despite agreeing to attend and multiple contacts from me by e-mail and telephone, boss-man Paul now tells me that he's not available next weekend - go figure!? :mellow:
[/quote]

That's a shame. I was looking forward to checking them out. They look great.

[quote name='Mornats' timestamp='1490654294' post='3266857']
I'm still planning on coming down. Although I need to remove the Bass Collection SB320 from the for-sale bit (it's sold so won't be bringing it!)
[/quote]
well lets see if we can lift share...I can bring a Bass Collection if there is any interest
in addition to the two already there any preferences in between a G&L L1500, L1505 and Bass Collection SB335?

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1490716645' post='3267342']
Both Chowny and Gillett Basses are reviewed in this months BGM, hopefully we will see them both at close quarters?
[/quote]

Stephen mentioned that - shame that the mag's they've given him for the bash will be the previous edition.

[quote name='scrumpymike' timestamp='1490732644' post='3267553']
Stephen mentioned that - shame that the mag's they've given him for the bash will be the previous edition.
[/quote]

I have disagree I'm in that one :) Can someone save me a copy as I would like another.

Note: humbly mentioned as it's a small piece and I'm not the best player...just pushy!

Edited by Pinball

Looks like I may be able to come to this one too - pretty sure my Sunday is going to be clear and I can't think of a better way to spend it. I'll add what Gear I'll bring when I confirm with 'er indoors. It's a couple of hours drive, but I think it'll be worth it..

Edited by LewisK1975

[quote name='Pinball' timestamp='1490778157' post='3267811']
I have disagree I'm in that one :) Can someone save me a copy as I would like another.

Note: I humbly mentioned as it's a small piece and I'm not the best player...just pushy!
[/quote]

Speaking of Bass Guitar Magazines, I've got a 100 ish consecutive issues dating back to 2007 for sale. PM me if you are interested please as I don't want to lug them across Somerset if there are no takers.....!

[b][i][u]BASH UPDATE[/u][/i][/b]

OK everybody, you've got the venue details in the OP, now here's the most direct route from the motorway for those without satnav: Exit M5 at Junction 25 and follow signs for Taunton; this eventually takes you onto the Toneway dual carriageway; after crossing the major traffic-lighted junction with the A38 (landmark is brick-built Creech Castle diagonally opposite on your RHS) you'll pass the big Audi dealer (up the grassy bank on your RHS) and come to a major roundabout; town centre is left but you TURN RIGHT at the roundabout, which takes you up over the Obridge viaduct; you now drop down to another, smaller roundabout (landmark - the Obridge pub on the left-hand corner). This is where it gets a bit nadgery! Go straight over the roundabout onto the small road that runs thru Priorswood residential area (this narrow road is traffic-calmed with a series of tight bends); at the top of the hill turn left at the mini roundabout (landmark - Priorswood small shopping precinct on your RHS); keep straight on to the T-junction and turn right onto Cheddon Road - this heads out into the countryside and you're virtually home and dry now; you'll drop down the hill into Rowford hamlet, pass the school on your left - and see the entrance to the Memorial Hall facing you at the first road junction. NOTE The building shown in the pic is a private residence - for the hall, go thru the big gates and along the driveway. (The right turn at this junction takes you into Cheddon Village, which is just 100 dwellings and a nice church.)

OK, so it looks like I will mostly be bringing the following Markbass:-

Alain Caron K1 Combo
Ninja 102-250 Combo
EVO 1 Head
Mono Multiamp
TRV121h
TRV151p

Basses: Lakland 55-02, Squier VM Jazz 5 with J-retro, my Squier Affinity Jazz 5 Fretless project

I can probably also bring my 1982 JV '57 Precision (big Fender, small Squier) if anyone particularly wants to see it, and I might be able to get hold of an early DJ5 Skyline too? Oh, and some vials! ;)

I also have a studio full of DV Mark guitar amps/cabs which I could bring a selection of, if anyone wants to see anything to do with twangy stuff?

[i][b][u]The last (pre-bash) post[/u][/b][/i]

Just a few last-minute thoughts:

Could anyone who's bringing amps also if possible bring - a mains-cable extension to run from the dozen or so outlets we'll have in the middle of the hall.

Could anyone who's bringing basses also if possible bring - straps; stands; and suitable monitoring equipment with cans if you plan to try basses out in the 'quiet room' (I'm putting a small mute-switchable amp/cab in there for general use but I'd be grateful if anyone else with similar kit could bring it along).

I'm also told by Basschatters with previous 'bash' experience that those with acute hearing or of a nervous disposition should bring some kind of hearing protection (although event management will intervene if the decibels are too many for too long). I'll bring some of the disposable ear plugs I use on the bike just in case.

See you tomorrow :D