Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

The last part of the puzzle arrived. Mini board V.2

This seems to suit my needs for the time being. I miss having an Envelope and a Fuzz for playing with, but for actually use with other musicians at the mo, this does the job perfect!

As before, plus the Guyatone PS3 Phase Shifter

That's cute. I'm a fan of these PT minis, but I know I couldn't cope with one! Not for the band I'm in anyway :rolleyes:

I think I know what isn't hitting the spot for me about the M9. I know I mentioned it a little bit back, but I've come to realise that as I scaled back my effects, I didn't actually need the M9 for all that much. I use it for reverb, delay, octave, synth and whammy. Which sounds like a lot, but I don't like the octave effect on it too much, the reverb and delays are really nice, but nothing I couldn't get in separate pedals, and I'm not keen on any of the synths. The whammy effect isn't too bad, but I prefer the WH4 I had for it. So basically there's HUGE amounts of stuff in it I don't use.

For the same footprint, and the removal of the expression pedal, I could probably have separate pedals for everything I use on it. If it weren't for the fact that I LOVE the looper on it :lol:

So I'm thinking of using it as a dedicated looper, with a compressor always on (removes the compressor from my board and frees some space up). Just need to make room for a bunch more pedals on my board then... Crikey :)

So... any excellent small footprint synth pedals? :lol:

I'm thinking the best "bang-for-size" synth pedal would be the Octavius Squeezer. I love my G5 but it is MASSIVE.

Surely though Finbar, if you're moving back towards singles again, you'll have an octaver and a fuzz pedal. Could get a nice envelope filter and do it full on analogue...

Basically mate you're gonna end up with a monster board again and there's nothing you can do about it! It's always "just one more"...

MK3....
Had to make another board to fit everything on it how i wanted it but its defiantly starting to get there with the new addition of the CryBaby an limiter I'm having some great fun with it !

Not the best of pictures, but also made a case for the whole thing out of an old rectangular bass case, just cut it down a bit :)

Edited by danny-79

[quote name='Finbar' post='851823' date='May 30 2010, 02:18 PM']How's the Chicklet treating you for a big overblown reverb sound, assuming you also use it for bass? I'm quite tempted by one.[/quote]

If you like spring reverb sounds, it's great. If you want versatility, look elsewhere. I really like it though, it does what I want and it can get pretty cavernous! Not the most natural sounding reverb but good nonetheless.

Have been meaning to put this up for AGES!
So took a pic today while waiting for the new cab to arrive...
Bootsy has the 'Space Case' so here's what I call the 'Bad-Mutha-Board':

" class="ipsImage" />

Cant find the other pic I had.
Me and my mate put this together using some Stanley blades and High-Density Foam.
Its in a lift off case, with all the wiring set under the foam.
Use a PSM to run the effects loop of the amp.
Have a rack tuner but always good to be prepared.

Edited by basshead56

[quote name='cheddatom' post='853256' date='Jun 1 2010, 08:54 AM']I'm not sure if your effects look cosy or smothered!! Good idea though.[/quote]

They are definately snug as a bug.
Foam was cut to shape and has a removable block of foam above each pedal allowing easy removal/replacement.
[quote name='The Twickerman' post='853276' date='Jun 1 2010, 09:09 AM']It's certainly an original approach - and seems quite sensible too.[/quote]

Thanks,
Just something my tech and I were messing with. It´s the envy of every guitarist who´s seen it so far :)
Bassically, it was cheaper than a big Diago or something similar. All it cost was specal glue and a few cheap stanley blades.
[quote name='burno70' post='853992' date='Jun 1 2010, 07:22 PM']A little gravestone over the Zombie Snot would look awesome![/quote]

I am already working on it! :rolleyes:
The Zombie Snot is just an LPB-1 with a few mods-in and out.
Amazing little pedal!

Nice board!

How do you rate the Enigma? Been looking at them on the net and was pretty keen to get one to try and emulate some of the funky Zender sounds from his Jamiroquai days - can it do that?

Mark

[quote name='sk8' post='854147' date='Jun 1 2010, 09:21 PM']
Mine at the mo with a Valve Drive if needed[/quote]

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' post='854194' date='Jun 1 2010, 09:46 PM']Nice board!

How do you rate the Enigma? Been looking at them on the net and was pretty keen to get one to try and emulate some of the funky Zender sounds from his Jamiroquai days - can it do that?

Mark[/quote]

Yeah they do look cool from the demo's…

Can the Enigma be daisy chained, or is it the old EHX story of needing a Gigrig virtual Battery to do so?

Shep

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' post='854194' date='Jun 1 2010, 09:46 PM']Nice board!

Mark[/quote]

Stil playing with it at the mo but its got alot of sounds in there :)

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='854322' date='Jun 1 2010, 11:31 PM']Yeah they do look cool from the demo's…

Can the Enigma be daisy chained, or is it the old EHX story of needing a Gigrig virtual Battery to do so?

Shep[/quote] I'm daisy chaining it. No problems so far

[quote name='sk8' post='854503' date='Jun 2 2010, 09:48 AM']Stil playing with it at the mo but its got alot of sounds in there :)[/quote]
Bizarrely enough, I think the knobs are in exactly the positions they would have been when it left me! That's a mighty fine sound right there, IIRC. :rolleyes:

Set this up and used last night for a rehearsal.
M9 is just great.
[attachment=51222:02062010063.jpg]

edit: erm, the picture has upside-downed itself...
edited edit: ah, thats better

Edited by Matty

I've never had a pedal board before, but my current originals band requires a few bits and pieces, so thought it easier to put a board together! :)

[url="http://img35.imageshack.us/i/pedalboardt.jpg/"][/url]

Pretty basic:just the
- Boss ME-50B for bottom boost, delay, chorus and wah, an
- Boss OC2 set to no direct signal, for that slightly d'n'b filtered sound
- Fx loop pedal to switch out the effects when my little keyboard synth is in use (made by my matey at Focusrite)
- Boss AB2 footswitch to go between my bass and my Novation Xio Synth
- T-Rex Fuel Tank 'Juicy Lucy'

Signal chain is
Bass/Synth>AB2>Loop>OC2>ME50B>Loop>AMP

I can obviosly kick the loop out, bypass the OC2 & ME50 and go straight to amp.
Lovely :rolleyes:

Si

[quote name='Matty' post='854866' date='Jun 2 2010, 02:08 PM']Set this up and used last night for a rehearsal.
M9 is just great.

edited edit: ah, thats better[/quote]

Now thats a man's mans pedalboard, the trend seems to be smaller and girlier these days. :)

[quote name='Matty' post='854866' date='Jun 2 2010, 02:08 PM']Set this up and used last night for a rehearsal.
M9 is just great.

edited edit: ah, thats better[/quote]

good to see someone else out there with a sumbarine :)