Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='metaltime' post='633493' date='Oct 22 2009, 02:26 PM']I think having two boards is the way to go. A gigging board and a fun/experiment board. I am looking at doing something similar as there is only a few effects i use live but i love messing around and getting new sounds. Good work and nice board Higgie.[/quote]

Yup, 2 boards is great. Although I think I want a 3rd :rolleyes:

And thanks for the kind words :)

• 3 weeks later...

This is real messy because ive only just set it up.

It goes Bass into the HA Modded Badder Monkey, with one signal going clean to the SVT and the 210 and the other signal going Bogdan > El Grande > LBM > TPL > Wah > B5R into the 1x15. Both Signals go through a presonus compressor.

[quote name='Finbar' post='656512' date='Nov 16 2009, 10:35 PM']this is where I'm at right now.

nearly done.

[/quote]

Really nice, simple pedalboard here mate. I think many more will probably be following your example, going down the route of the M9. I probably should do myself, especially being at University, so having my fully laden Tourman with me isn't really an option.

Here is my board only things that have changed since the pic is i upgraded the patch leads to warwick onces, and removed the brat and zoom pedals now i have a bass expander ( mxr ) and a nady wireless as a backup 2 my sennheiser wireless. the pedal board is a mks pedal pad xl. [attachment=37509:untitled.jpg]

[quote name='Murderface' post='671158' date='Dec 1 2009, 03:11 PM']Here is my board only things that have changed since the pic is i upgraded the patch leads to warwick onces, and removed the brat and zoom pedals now i have a bass expander ( mxr ) and a nady wireless as a backup 2 my sennheiser wireless. the pedal board is a mks pedal pad xl. [attachment=37509:untitled.jpg][/quote]

Thats a tidy looking board. Nice pedal choices too.

The latest incarnation of my board:

Signal is TU2 > Hotcake > Tonebender > Dirtbomb (BYOC Envelope Filter) > Echohead

I'd like a better delay eventually.

[attachment=37590:Pedalboard.JPG]

TBH I rarely use the Hotcake or Tonebender for bass - unless I'm lucky enough to get to do a Bootsy-style solo at the end of the night. I'm thinking of a cut-down board for bass of Dirtbomb >DHA EQ DI with a tuner off the DHA.

Martin

This is my current pedal board. It's going to change imminently (I just bought a Voodoo Lab PSU and Pedaltrain board), but the pedals will stay the same (I think).

I play in a progrock covers band.

Basically they are used like this: The B:Assmaster and Choralflange are for the Squire tones. The Bass Drive is for Mike Rutherford and John Wetton sounds. The digital delay is for some Floyd-y things (together with the distortions for some huge swells). I had the Boss Tremolo/Pan there for a while - but it was noisy as hell. I also had a seventies EH Electric Mistress, but it was too limited. Also frequently spotted on the board in recent times: and Black Cat Bass Octave Fuzz (replaced by the Malekko), a Boss OC-2 and an AW-2, an MXR Phase-100 and a SHaftesbury Duo-Fuzz.

[quote name='The Twickerman' post='673297' date='Dec 3 2009, 04:46 PM']This is my current pedal board. It's going to change imminently (I just bought a Voodoo Lab PSU and Pedaltrain board), but the pedals will stay the same (I think).

I play in a progrock covers band.

Basically they are used like this: The B:Assmaster and Choralflange are for the Squire tones. The Bass Drive is for Mike Rutherford and John Wetton sounds. The digital delay is for some Floyd-y things (together with the distortions for some huge swells). I had the Boss Tremolo/Pan there for a while - but it was noisy as hell. I also had a seventies EH Electric Mistress, but it was too limited. Also frequently spotted on the board in recent times: and Black Cat Bass Octave Fuzz (replaced by the Malekko), a Boss OC-2 and an AW-2, an MXR Phase-100 and a SHaftesbury Duo-Fuzz.[/quote]

How do you find the Choralflange? I have the feeling that would be my ultimate flanger but never heard it on bass. I like flangers with a mix knob (only know 2 or 3). A bit too big now that I've downsized to a Pdealtrain Mini though...

[quote name='1976fenderhead' post='674367' date='Dec 4 2009, 05:33 PM']How do you find the Choralflange? I have the feeling that would be my ultimate flanger but never heard it on bass. I like flangers with a mix knob (only know 2 or 3). A bit too big now that I've downsized to a Pdealtrain Mini though...[/quote]

I love it. The problem is that it spills noise into the Malekko. That's why I've bought the Voodoo Lab PSU. I'll set it all up on Tuesday - then I'll be able to let you know properly.

[quote name='Matty' post='675353' date='Dec 6 2009, 12:22 AM']I love it.
It's a nice change to the Muff type sound, great for heavy riffing, clear but dirty too.

Hows the Guv'nor treating you?[/quote]

:rolleyes: good to hear its getting the use it deserves.

Still lovin' the guvin' :)

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='675364' date='Dec 6 2009, 12:43 AM']I keep it simple & it works everytime

[/quote]

So why contribute to a thread entitled: "post your pedalboard?" It might be the sleep deprivation and accompanying paranoia but that seems intentionally antagonizing. I don't surf, but I wouldn't go on a surfing forum and tell them all how pointless their surfboards are.