Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

Well confess I’ve not tried it on pedals, only MainStage. That was easy though: enter assign mode in MS then press the switch on the M-Vave. TBH they’re £30 on Prime which means you can return if no good… worth a punt! I should try it on my pedals really, but I’ve got a Morningstar so don’t really need to!

2 hours ago, thisisswanbon said:

How do you both have these set up?  I'd love to use one on my Source Audio C4 but can't work out the logistics!

For the Zoom, I use it to just switch between the patches. What I did is downloaded the app, setup the controller, plug it to the zoom and usb powersource and it just instantly worked. Its capabilities are really simple such as 1A is patch 1A, 1B is patch 1B etc etc. but for the price I cant really complain.

Edited by ordep

376789996_798206962305408_216006630494624660_n.thumb.jpg.b575f5e3b4e023d28fb72f140ebf47da.jpg

the underneath just have always on cali76bc and my ml5 morningstar which is in the loop of a damnation blooper to give a bit of low end help to the big muff, bdpg and a bongripper(also underneath) oh and a sy-200 controlled by midi which only feed foh but i do run it and my normal signal into the obne to let me monitor it thru my cab if i want.

fighting the urge to either go Gig Rig Atom atm one extra loop but would let me access more presets aswell.

Also setting up a really small board to go ontop of my amp/amps depending on project and have a dd200 and rv500 in stereo (when i have two amps) to add maddness inbetween songs which the extra presets would help with just purely control them via midi

• Like 4

I've been going through an experimental stage with my boards recently. The Hulla band has been on it's summer break and I've been working to put together another band for more rock orientated gigs. As a three piece we supported the Hulla at a festival in June and to fill out the sound I added a floor keyboard controller triggering a Korg 05R/W module. I also played acoustic guitar for a couple of numbers, hence the acoustic pre-amp in this 'board'. The clock is there as we only had 45 minutes on stage and time was quite tight. 

DSCG0480.thumb.jpg.55a3965ff3fd23f7d27af3fa8c5d1d65.jpgDSCG0482.thumb.jpg.fd4f10d0977d3423200526eda76dfd7e.jpg

For the subsequent trio rehearsals I put a bigger board together and the 12 Step sat in front of it. This was while we were working on arrangements and I wanted to try out options. Other pedals came and went, swapped places, sat off the board, sulked in the corner etc. My Zoom MS60b played a part, as did various drives and filters not shown here.

DSCG0290-32.thumb.jpg.71a1137ba79017be20c80ce1946c99d7.jpg

The trio has now morphed into a quartet and quintet - the intention is to be able to expand to fit the needs of the gig with a keyboard player and vocalist, both of whom have other bands and are happy with the part time arrangement. The board changed once again to allow for the fuller sound (the singer plays acoustic guitar on some songs). There is an annoying (some would say exciting) gap to be filled and it will probably go to the MS60b acting as a pre-amp/filter/synth option. As  trio, I will add the 12 Step and I'm currently contemplating a custom board with it attached. 

DSC08343.JPG.a4e6b4360faf968ef9004d6c5fb0eafb.JPG

And this is the board I will be taking to the Hulla rehearsals which start again tonight. Being a 13 piece with plenty going on, I need a simpler sound and this line up is just right. 

DSC08345.JPG.e67a8bdcb37d52cfe1f8d0bad6441304.JPG

Please note that this post only remains accurate for about 10 minutes after which more changes may have been made. 😂

Edited by Franticsmurf
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

It’s been a while since I’ve posted in here, but this is my board now. 

IMG_7337.thumb.jpeg.10fbcf8e575ec1989afcdbb16c5e2117.jpeg

Why do they not stick the jack sockets higher up to account for pedal board lips?

If they did, I could have had the Bassics preamp back another inch & the other pedals could’ve sat portrait. 

I might play about some more. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, xgsjx said:

It’s been a while since I’ve posted in here, but this is my board now. 

IMG_7337.thumb.jpeg.10fbcf8e575ec1989afcdbb16c5e2117.jpeg

Why do they not stick the jack sockets higher up to account for pedal board lips?

If they did, I could have had the Bassics preamp back another inch & the other pedals could’ve sat portrait. 

I might play about some more. 

You could use EBS flat cables, and a junction box for your bass in/amp out. Nic bit of kit, that Bassics

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ped said:

You could use EBS flat cables, and a junction box for your bass in/amp out. Nic bit of kit, that Bassics

Now that’s a good shout. I’ll go & have a look at those. 👍🏼

Yes, it’s a lovely bit of kit. I bought it on here off sk8 last month. Dunno why he decided to sell it, but I’m glad he did. Makes a great front end for my FRFR set up. 
I’m planning on finding a nice drive pedal to replace the BDI21. I do like the mid scoop & light drive that it gives. 

• Like 2

My current board…

Buffer/ Tuner/ Mute at the front (with mutable parallel dry signal from the parallel output of the Paradriver) … Then stackable gain stages, Overdrive > Fuzz > Distortion (this board is all about the dirt really) … A touch of space (reverb) … Compression at minimal settings  (only bites when digging clean and the dirt isn’t doing the compression) … End of chain EQ/ HPF/ LPF/ DI from the Q strip. 

This is essentially an ‘ampless’ set up. The front of chain dry parallel signal and end of chain DI both go to the desk, the other end of chain output for additional monitor (power amp/ cabs) if necessary. 

IMG_5634.thumb.jpeg.74a3cab354200cafa872769b7aae7c19.jpeg

IMG_5639.thumb.jpeg.fb1bd02c6e1b4cbfbaa0bee272e6e032.jpeg

IMG_5633.thumb.jpeg.ff3f048fc3c56997168bf16c6af3711a.jpeg

Edited by Fionn
Photo added
  • Like 16

My present ampless set up. Everything above the zoom is for my IEM line or to my Headrush 112s if I’m using them instead. Everything to the right is in the FOH signal chain. The blue switcher kicks in the eq with the bass cut for a royal blood song. The ABY to middle is simply acting as a link between the out of the smaller IEM zoom to my rolls headphone amp. A incoming pedal means that this will all be a lot less complicated and busy this time next week (hopefully). 

IMG_8642.jpeg

• Like 3

Slight change! Current effects situation: out of hand 😅 

Left to right: small bass board for tight gigs, zoom B2.1 for rehearsals and acoustic duets, guitar main board (zoom g7), right of the mic stand are my acoustic board/guitar auxiliary board and finally my main ampless bass pedalboard. 
Behind them on the shelf is a defunct zoom g7, a large ancient zoom multifx,  a zoom g10n, a zoom g-something or other and a zoom ms60b. 

IMG_8649.jpeg

Edited by gafbass02
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, asingardenof said:

Don't think I've posted an updated version since adding my PSU, but I definitely think a three-rail board might be on my Christmas list as the number of affordable two-rail boards with PSU holders under them seems pretty low.

PXL_20230926_105544710.jpg

You could take a look at the Harley Benton SpaceShip series, e.g. the 50M (505 mm x 175 mm x 38 mm)?

Fmb

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fmb said:

You could take a look at the Harley Benton SpaceShip series, e.g. the 50M (505 mm x 175 mm x 38 mm)?

Fmb

Nice one, thanks! Might look at the 60 as 500mm is the width of my current board and I have designs on acquring more pedals in the new year :D Also looking at the Pedaltrain Metro series.

Slightly smaller board than previously. I changed my vintage Mutron (which necessitated a loop switch due to leaky bypass) with the Mutron III+ which I prefer in many ways.

It was a challenge to fit everything underneath but it all fits (after lots of mucking about). There's a Broughton HPF (you can adjust the knob through a hole in the side of the board), Warm Audio DI, MXR comp, power supply and junction box...

IMG_6887.jpeg

IMG_6888.jpeg

IMG_6889.jpeg

• Like 8

4 hours ago, ped said:

Slightly smaller board than previously. I changed my vintage Mutron (which necessitated a loop switch due to leaky bypass) with the Mutron III+ which I prefer in many ways.

It was a challenge to fit everything underneath but it all fits (after lots of mucking about). There's a Broughton HPF (you can adjust the knob through a hole in the side of the board), Warm Audio DI, MXR comp, power supply and junction box...

IMG_6887.jpeg

IMG_6888.jpeg

IMG_6889.jpeg

Ah, Comrade you are really rocking out with that Cold War themed board, yes?

On 25/09/2023 at 07:45, gafbass02 said:

Slight change! Current effects situation: out of hand 😅 

Left to right: small bass board for tight gigs, zoom B2.1 for rehearsals and acoustic duets, guitar main board (zoom g7), right of the mic stand are my acoustic board/guitar auxiliary board and finally my main ampless bass pedalboard. 
Behind them on the shelf is a defunct zoom g7, a large ancient zoom multifx,  a zoom g10n, a zoom g-something or other and a zoom ms60b. 

IMG_8649.jpeg

Blimey! I thought I was a Zoom fanboy, but you win! I loved my B9.1ut. 

• Like 2