Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

edit: I had a brainwave last night, I've already broken my lightshade, so my damage deposit is gone, which means the carpet covered notice board screwed to my wall is effectively mine.......I've still got to cut it down to size and put some extra wood on so it's at a good angle, but it works pretty well. I also went crazy with some paint tester pots and painted my homemade feedback looper (the russian muff enclosure), I may have also been slightly drunk at the time and decided to decorate my wah pedal too.......Anywho, it seemed a little pointless to post a new pic just one post later, so i just edited this one

And the " I think it should be compulsory too" nightshot

Edited by bobbass4k

Here's my pedalboard, finally had enough of gaffa taping stompboxes to the floor!
Managed to get a decent sized flightcase off Ebay cheap, convert it - removed the hinges etc...
It's still work in progress, planning to finish it this weekend with installing a power supply - running them off rechargeables at the moment, & still experimenting a bit with the order. Will probably take out the Guv'nor at some stage & add a phaser pedal & a homemade 'Paralooper' blend for the distortions in near future.

Boss Tuner > Electro Harmonix 'Octave Multiplexer' > homemade 'Brassmaster' clone > homemade 'Red Llama' clone > Marshall 'Guv'nor' > modded Digitech 'Bad Monkey' > Dod FX87 'Pyscho Acoustic Processor' ;)

[attachment=19869:pedalboard.JPG]

Edited by nick

[quote name='katri' post='405726' date='Feb 10 2009, 08:42 PM']here is my as yet unwired board:[/quote]

What effect is going to be in the box on far right, bottom row?
Looks like it might be interesting....

Edited by nick

I don't get it. Why so many pedals on a gigging board?

I can understand collecting loads of different pedals & could have good fun doing so, but are 15-20 pedals needed for a gig?

I'm not trying to bee cheeky or anything like that, just curious into the workings of it & how so many can be used in a gig set.

I (when I was gigging) use 20-25 pedals per gig. I used them to create lots of different sounds. Each of our songs would have up to 50 pedal "stomps" in it. It helps create dynamics in the sound with relation to the arrangement of the song. It helps keep things interesting and fresh. It means that as a band, we sound as good (if not better) live as we do in the studio.

[quote name='joegarcia' post='413850' date='Feb 19 2009, 02:17 AM']Bit of an update:

[attachment=20528:DSCF0101.JPG]

Needs a bit of a tidy up but don't see myself wanting much more at the moment. Wouldn't mind replacing the Octoplus with an Octabass at some point though.[/quote]

This looks like some kind of puzzle. Are you having trouble figuring out where those last 2 pieces should fit? ;)

I bet that board is loadsa fun!

[quote name='Higgie' post='413852' date='Feb 19 2009, 02:31 AM']I really don't know how you gig that thing![/quote]

+1.

I'd be accidentally kicking knobs off other pedals while trying to activate that...one... pedal...riiiiiightt...........There!.

I caught myself a while back trying to figure out how to fit all the pedals I had on the one pedalboard, and finally snapped... Chose the essential pedals, everything else, I put up for sale not to get tempted to put them back in the pedalboard.

Right now, its completely functional. 1 Fuzz, 1 Compressor, 1 Tuner, 1 chorus, one "multi-fx" (Flanger & Phaser) , 1 Delay/Looper pedal, 1 DI/pre. thats it, thats all... and I STILL get incredulous looks from guitards that have less pedals than I do. lool.

Edited by Aussiephoenix

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='417859' date='Feb 23 2009, 09:06 PM']I'm very tempted by [url="http://www.seppukufx.com/digitalpitchmodulator.htm"]this[/url], which sounds quite ring mod-ish on some settings, but does other anti-social noises too.[/quote]

Theres a few other interesting items on that site as well

T

I need to post some pics of my board, but gonna tell you about it first!

It's carpet based for now, too many changes going on

Mission Control is a 3 channel loooper pedal, been a bit of a revelation getting this cos it ain't a standard looper in that two of the channels have switchable "momentary" foot switches which make for some interesting bursts of effect!

So here's how it's put together, including some pedals that are yet to arrive

TU2 in the Tuner mute hole!

Channel 1 - MXR Blowtorch - Digitech bass synth wah - Boss CEB 3 - TF 442
Channel 2 - Dod FX25B
Channel 3 - EBS wah, LoveTone meatball

Ch1 does most of the work, the Blowtorch is to arrive soon, but had one before and know what it can do, The BSW was bought for octave usage, but has been something of a suprise as a synth when combined with the meat ball and wah, it sounds great, especially with my fretless. The BSW also gets used with the momentary foot switch on Ch 1 for some interesting short synthy swells on random notes, if you get what I mean! The chorous is there to add some colour to the fretless, just a touch, don't want to go all 80's! And the 442 is there cos I really like EF's

Ch2 is always in momentary foot switch mode with the FX25B, think short sqelchy bursts, Dougalow style and you'll see where I'm coming from. The FX25B ain't the best filter out there, but used in this context it's ideal especially cos they are cheap as chips

Ch3 is the luxury channel, this is where the big boys hang out, EBS wah and Lovetone meatball, both are excellent effects in their own right, but also manage to turn effects like the BSW into something special. This channel is a regular loop.

9 pedals in total, including the Loooper, capable of making a range of noises from sqelchy synthy funk to clean OD, maybe it needs some real messy distortion in there?

Photos to follow and I'll get some recordings up very soon

Tony

Edited by sshorepunk