Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='BassManKev' post='321919' date='Nov 4 2008, 04:28 PM']because its compeltly transparant, noiseless, and perfectly effective limiter for what i need...the boss limiter colours the sound more than this, to my ears the behringer doesnt change tone whatsoever[/quote]

if you say so. i've never used it, so was just wondering.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my offering,
The first is my old one, i've since sold a couple of pedals and downsized a little bit (couldn't lift the bloody thing!).
I'm thinking about losing the Gigrig, it's an awesome piece of kit, but takes up a little bit too much room.
I mainly use it for peace of mind. I've had experience of link / patch cables dying mid-gig and not having enough time between songs to trouble shoot it.

The 2nd photo is what i'm using at the mo, i'm trying to squeeze an input select pedal at the start of the chain too - to compensate for different input levels of my jazz and stingray etc.
As i've mentioned in another thread i'm thinking about shoehorning in one of [url="http://www.tonebone.com/re-bigshot-io.htm"]these[/url] as i clearly can't fit a tonebone in there.

Please excuse the quality of the 2nd photo, it didn't look out of focus on the camera and i can't be bothered to go and re-take the photo!

Here's an updated photo of my pedalboard's new layout:

[url="http://img155.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p1010031jb2.jpg"][/url][url="http://g.imageshack.us/thpix.php"][/url]

The signal path is:

Sadowsky Tokyo 5 or Frankenstein PM->

Boss CE-2b Bass Chorus (80's MIJ) -> Boss TU-2 Tuner -> EBS Multicomp compressor -> Earthbound Audio Effects Supercollider (Custom Fuzz MIA) -> Marshall Regenerator -> Akai Headrush E2 -> MXR Bass DI+ M80 ->

P.A. and/or Eden Nemesis RC212

two set-ups for perusal here...

the first is the board for the noise/krautrock/psych band i gig regularly with, and the second is the one i used with the techno/breakbeat outfit i play with up in preston

btw - the preston board just runs into a mixing desk from the xlr out of the ebs

Edited by ahpook

Well here's my new 'board, it looks pretty tame to a few of the ones on here but it pretty much does all I want it to.
I might add an Octave pedal instead of using the BassSynthWah for that, and it means I can get shot of the Behringer multi (even tough its actually pretty ok for what it is.

here's the latest and smallest incarnation of my board, nowt fancy but it does what i need it to

Boss tu2 > Big Muff (modded to green sovtek specs) > cheap digi delay > Aguilar ToneHammer

Will probably change out the delay for a better one in the future but for now it does the trick for what i need it to

[quote name='Finbar' post='337452' date='Nov 26 2008, 04:59 PM']Sorry if this is obvious, but what's the sweatband for? :)

And I'm totally robbing your pickholder idea. I always forget mine D:[/quote]

Lol it is for the obvious unfortunately and it also holds some loose picks inside while not being worn :huh:

Its a handy wee thing

An evolution:

The Current Board:

The Chain

Bass
->
Korg Pitchblack
Boss Super Octave
EHX MicroPOG
Tech21 VT Bass
MXR Blowtorch
EHX XO Mass Micro Synth
Boss Line Selector
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Classic Fuzz (in LS2 loop with clean blend)
Dunlop Crybaby 105q Bass Wah
BBE Opto Stomp
-> Amp

Not in use:
EHX Steel Leather
Guyatone TZ2 The Fuzz
Boss SYB3 Bass Synthesizer
Ibanez SB7 Synthesizer Bass (not pictured)
MXR Blue Box (not pictured)
Danelectro Cool Cat 18v Chorus (not pictured)

• 3 weeks later...

Allow me to be the first with shiny new pedals, I've always wanted to post in here but thought just having one sh!tty Zoom multi pedal wouldn't cut it on here!

My GF (sweet thing that she is) got me a Bass MuRF & on New Year's eve I went & got the MF-101 with some Xmas money. I've just went & bought another 9 volt adaptor so I can see if putting anything from the zoom into the MFs could sound good, there's one or two 1/2 decent fx in the zoom if you spend a little time messing & the delay could prove useful.

Anyway, without further ado I give you.......................

[attachment=18007:SNC16322_2.JPG]

I'll get some reviews of all my gear in a few weeks & might try & get some sound clips up for you who is interested in any of this gear (not mine specifically).

G

[quote name='xgsjx' post='368734' date='Jan 2 2009, 07:17 PM']Allow me to be the first with shiny new pedals, I've always wanted to post in here but thought just having one sh!tty Zoom multi pedal wouldn't cut it on here!

My GF (sweet thing that she is) got me a Bass MuRF & on New Year's eve I went & got the MF-101 with some Xmas money. I've just went & bought another 9 volt adaptor so I can see if putting anything from the zoom into the MFs could sound good, there's one or two 1/2 decent fx in the zoom if you spend a little time messing & the delay could prove useful.

Anyway, without further ado I give you.......................

[attachment=18007:SNC16322_2.JPG]

I'll get some reviews of all my gear in a few weeks & might try & get some sound clips up for you who is interested in any of this gear (not mine specifically).

G[/quote]
I like your patch names :)

[quote name='velvetkevorkian' post='370390' date='Jan 4 2009, 09:45 PM']I like your patch names :)[/quote]

Thanks :brow: Most of my patches get names of that ilk. Unfortunately the moogerfoogers dont have displays or I would continue the trend.

If anyone's interested, I've reviewed the MFs & popped sound clips up in the reviews section. It is a partial review as I've not had them long enough to tell all that's bad about em, but I'll keep adding to the reviews as time goes.

G