Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='quimbymeat' post='1352246' date='Aug 26 2011, 11:55 AM']Thanks dude, it is all good, my old pedalboard did not go to the top of the flightcase so you could have the lights wrap around the whole board. this one goes to the top so i can only put the lights facing me. if anyone wants to know where i got the lights ect the give me a message.[/quote] also nsp made the board a wee bit bigger than you get on there page.

Edited by quimbymeat

Made a new board yesterday from a sheet of 3mm Makrolon (polycarbonate) to celebrate the arrival of my brand new Oxide.
Next week I'm going to fit some red LED's just to pimp it up a notch :)
[url="http://postimage.org/image/36m2f3bqc/"][/url] [url="http://postimage.org/image/36m7dpd7o/"][/url]

[url="http://postimage.org/image/36mdzur6s/"][/url] [url="http://postimage.org/image/36mnx2u5g/"][/url]

not added one for a while, but here's the board i used with the spacerock disco techno band at the weekend in preston

epiphone thunderbird pro > boss tuner > mxr m80 (as a two channel pre/eq tobalance pick and finger-style sounds) > LS-2 (the bass synth and chorus sit in the loop) >pearl octaver > mxr flanger > ebs microbass > PA/amp

i took this after we got back from the venue - the flanger's maxed and the 2nd octave control on the octave pedal is up...bit of end-on-set tomfoolery was in evidence :)

the real key to the night was me taking my 50w laney linebacker on stage as a bass monitor. certainly helped me (and the other in the band) hear the bass better than relying on two wedges. i cut almost all the bass and boosted the hell out of the low mids and it worked a treat - didn't mess at all with the FOH - something the soundman commented on.

top gig all round - and a top party afterwards :)

Edited by ahpook

[quote name='quimbymeat' post='1351849' date='Aug 25 2011, 10:36 PM']Thats me downsized and finished my board. nsp made it for me but it cost alot. I got it orange to match my other flightcases and the tronographic rusty box is the best preamp around.[/quote]

Love this dude - This is my kinda look!

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='1362719' date='Sep 5 2011, 11:33 AM']You been busy with the grey paint, or just the saturation control? :)[/quote]

haha, yeh, I f***ed about with it in photoshop trying to make it look nice as my phone's camera isn't great. Anyway, when I realised i'd made a mess of it I also realised i'd written over the original file :)

MB1. :)
"Heres one i prepared earlier"...
Works for me! :)
Many Thanks to the following
Ralf at EBS Sweden.
Pantherairsoft/J.R Bass/Chrisbass 5/Pender/Samuel/Platypus/Thunderthumbs
Mark at Bassdirect/Nigel C at Rotosound/Tim at Guitarvices.
Cheers
Martin.

Edited by MB1

Looking good Martin!

[quote name='MB1' post='1365740' date='Sep 7 2011, 08:43 PM']MB1. :)
"Heres one i prepared earlier"...
Works for me! :)
Many Thanks to the following
Ralf at EBS Sweden.
Pantherairsoft/J.R Bass/Chrisbass 5/Pender/Samuel/Platypus/Thunderthumbs
Mark at Bassdirect/Nigel C at Rotosound/Tim at Guitarvices.
Cheers
Martin.[/quote]

Right,

I've sold off a fair few pedals to reduce my setup. I've gone from 2 Tourman boards to 1 and a half... However, I have an order in for a custom board I've been discussing for a few weeks. It's a 2-tier board just slightly bigger than a single Diago Tourman with a few tweaks for my set up. So until that's done in a month or so, here's what I'm working with...

Right board -

Left board -

Full setup -

And as I was there, our rehearsal space set up, all purchased 2nd hand through work (I'm a Pawn Broker for silly money!!!): MacBook, 2 Skytech powered PA speakers, Behringer Xenyx1204FX desk -

Ha. Yes it's the new Whammy. It's polyphonic so it tracks bass chords on 3 or 4 strings up over 2 octaves - that alone makes it worth while. It's also 9v and DC so no noisy AC adapter in my chain.

It has a number of presets the old one doesn't on the Whammy side which I've played with - but the drop tune side is great and works better than most Detuning pedals i've tried. Being able to go up a 5th with perfect tracking at the press of a button or even momentarily is pretty useful. Despite 3 retailers telling me that it no longer cuts top end like the old one used to, it unfortunately still does. It's also bloody huge. True Bypass helps though as the old one sucked a little tone when off as well.

It's a good improvement on the Whammy IV, but if I'm honest - most people won't use the extra features.

[quote name='Doddy' post='1375751' date='Sep 16 2011, 05:17 PM']WMD Geiger Counter I believe.[/quote]

Correct!

I used to have it's little brother (The 'Civillian Issue') on the board. I recently sold it and bought this. It's a super high gain fuzz and bit crusher with 224 selectable wave forms plus control over the sample rate and bit depth. It's monster and does the job of a few pedals I used to use.

The Whammy DT isn't too much heavier than the Whammy IV. Feels like they have saved a little weight on the material used. It's bigger, but only a tad heavier.

EDIT - Looking at the specs on the Digitech website shows they weigh exactly the same as each other!

Looking forward to getting my custom board, the layout makes so much more sense to my style of playing. Only thing still to be added is the new MoogerFooger MF-108 Cluster Flux.