Jump to content
dudewheresmybass

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

Recommended Posts

Not the neatest, not the flashiest, but I think I'm about done for now... I've gone from a huge board, through dozens of iterations, and this is where I am, for what I need...

Well... for now 🤣

Path: Carl Martin Compressor/Limiter > Boss TU-2 Tuner > TC Electronic Nether Octaver > K.I.T. BB Clone Drive > TC Electronic Corona Chorus > TC Electronic Flashback Delay (always on) > MXR M81 Preamp 9always on)

2024208960_PedalBoard2020_08_25.thumb.jpg.0421f9d32125ff9d84f32272ecb82e3c.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, glassmoon said:

.. can you tell us about this? > TC Electronic Flashback Delay (always on).. and we can also see you have TonePrint © selected:- 😎

2024208960_PedalBoard2020_08_25.thumb.jpg.0421f9d32125ff9d84f32272ecb82e3c.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

".. can you tell us about this? > TC Electronic Flashback Delay (always on).. and we can also see you have TonePrint © selected:- 😎"

Easy as pie... I use the delay as a means to "fatten" my sound, almost like a reverb... very slight delay and very subtle, but it's definitely there.  I started years ago with a chorus, then later a reverb, then after discovering Janek Gwizdala, I switched to delay - and I use his TonePrint, the Sausage & Beer print :) .  I found that the bass was a little "dead" to my ears, hence starting to play with alternate ways to beef it up - I guess that came from listening to a ton of fusion and hearing what I believed was a chorusy sound and loving it :) 

BTW - I use the Nathan East print for my chorus 😎

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Current state of pedal mayhem at my feet in the rehearsal room. Signal gets split twice (Meatbox, DD7) and ends up in 3 rigs.

Main / Sub

P1030562.thumb.jpeg.f922798364969f68373803d5f2a47f5c.jpeg

 

Left

L.thumb.jpeg.e08f34cf2ae1ad7fee8c0ab22c4df7d8.jpeg

 

Right

P1030559.thumb.jpeg.86c0d2c48dd6d6c49a0c23c936da3d0f.jpeg

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, fuzzonaut said:

Current state of pedal mayhem at my feet in the rehearsal room. Signal gets split twice (Meatbox, DD7) and ends up in 3 rigs.

Main / Sub

P1030562.thumb.jpeg.f922798364969f68373803d5f2a47f5c.jpeg

 

Left

L.thumb.jpeg.e08f34cf2ae1ad7fee8c0ab22c4df7d8.jpeg

 

Right

P1030559.thumb.jpeg.86c0d2c48dd6d6c49a0c23c936da3d0f.jpeg

 

How you finding the Pessimiser on bass? I’m using a Hilbish Beta preamp and was considering adding one of these in at some point.

Edited by mr4stringz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, mr4stringz said:

How you finding the Pessimiser on bass? I’m using a Hilbish Beta preamp and was considering adding one of these in at some point.

It's great, I love it. The EQ section is very powerful providing a wide range of tone shaping possibilities.

Together with the clean/dirt blend and the boost you have a very versatile pedal.

Recommended. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Put this together as a small board for simple rigs when I don't want to fuss with my bi-amp set up. 

Not that I seem to be gigging now or anytime soon. But board building is fun isn't it? 

IMG_20200830_215622.thumb.jpg.29d6db288ed9fb142c1c08e023cdabf9.jpg

The ms-60b is set as a Flanger and noise gate. Whole thing is powered by a Harley Benton battery. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bit of a work in progress but after the best part of 2 years using modellers im much happier to be using something like this again. 

20200904_182059.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bearfist said:

Bit of a work in progress but after the best part of 2 years using modellers im much happier to be using something like this again. 

20200904_182059.jpg

Clearly not into Darkglass :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bearfist said:

Bit of a work in progress but after the best part of 2 years using modellers im much happier to be using something like this again. 

20200904_182059.jpg

Hey man, are you playing for or 5 string? How's the Cali? I have major gas for the large box, even though my board can't take it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, HazBeen said:

Clearly not into Darkglass :)

Ha! 😁

Although had i got the MBD2 sooner im not sure i would have bothered with the X.

34 minutes ago, Salt on your Bass? said:

Hey man, are you playing for or 5 string? How's the Cali? I have major gas for the large box, even though my board can't take it! 

Yeah mostly 5's.

The Cali is amazing, had another big box a few years back and replaced it with the compact version and then a Hyper Luminal and finally the Axe FX comps, as great as all of those are there's something about the big box one ive missed, as soon as i knew i was selling the Axe the first thing i did was hunt down one of these, its worth the extra board size for me.

Edited by Bearfist
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.... I've got a HX Stomp equipped board and an all analogue (well nearly) board as well. I must say I do really like seeing what I can tweak, rather than menu scrolling. Also as there is a bit of option paralysis with Multi FX units, I like the make the most of what you have deal with small/medium analogue set ups.

Enjoy 

Edited by jimbobothy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, jimbobothy said:

.... I've got a HX Stomp equipped board and an all analogue (well nearly) board as well. I must say I do really like seeing what I can tweak, rather than menu scrolling. Also as there is a bit of option paralysis with Multi FX units, I like the make the most of what you have deal with small/medium analogue set ups.

Enjoy 

Yeah that was one of the biggest issues for me, i just couldnt leave the thing alone, i loved having that control but sometimes i felt i was spending more time tweaking tones then playing, particulry with the Axe Fx where the ability to tweak is insane. I am considering throwing a Stomp on this board however, i need a couple of non distortion FX for a new gig im doing and one of those might just do the trick.

20 minutes ago, jimbobothy said:

... when using your Quatermaster do you notice a noticeable difference?

Im just using it to switch between the 3 drives without tap dancing really so yeah in that regard its very helpful, i cant say ive really noticed any difference in tone when using it but it just makes life easier.

Edited by Bearfist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

voQwougVnRmDI1Sh4dt-1tnQ3HJhPG6J-CloGTzB

Slight update (excuse the sock). Got myself a Hypergravity so now the MS-60B is just LPF/Tuner (and as a 'just in case' I suddenly decide I need octave or something...).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bearfist said:

Yeah that was one of the biggest issues for me, i just couldnt leave the thing alone, i loved having that control but sometimes i felt i was spending more time tweaking tones then playing, particulry with the Axe Fx where the ability to tweak is insane. I am considering throwing a Stomp on this board however, i need a couple of non distortion FX for a new gig im doing and one of those might just do the trick.

Im just using it to switch between the 3 drives without tap dancing really so yeah in that regard its very helpful, i cant say ive really noticed any difference in tone when using it but it just makes life easier.

Cheers for the reply Bearfist.

The Stomp is SO versatile in such a small package. I’ve got mine set up, with amongst a few other things, a Aguilar Filter Twin and BOSS OC2 in the FX L and FX R loops. Those along side the digital effects you have more than enough to play with 👍🏼

Edited by jimbobothy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

... also the Quartermaster seems like a great idea, but to get the most out of one I’d need a much bigger board 😁

Edited by jimbobothy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ZenX said:

now the MS-60B is just LPF/Tuner (and as a 'just in case' I suddenly decide I need octave or something

A Zoom of one kind or another sits in all my pedal board set ups. Its just as you say, a great back up or extra. Even if it's just HPF and tuner it's paid for itself 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hastily slapped this together as I won't get a chance now before Saturday's gig, and I wanted to get the Morningstar ML5 wired up. Only wired up two loops, and will be spending tomorrow programming all the patches for the board, but I can see some pretty cool possibilities here already!

Bass > Cali76 > ML5 > HX Stomp

Loop C - Aguilar Octamizer
Loop E - Dr Scientist Dusk
HX Stomp FX Loop - Pickle/Muff DIY build (Under the top tier)

MIDI chain - MC8 > Hx Stomp > ML5 > Dusk

Mission Expressionator connects the Dunlop Mini Expression to the Stomp, MC8, and Dusk

Powered by 2 GigRig Generators (One for the Stomp, the other for everything else)

 

 

8244451F-C025-4D7D-9550-2C56608DB215.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/09/2020 at 21:15, Higgie said:

Hastily slapped this together as I won't get a chance now before Saturday's gig, and I wanted to get the Morningstar ML5 wired up. Only wired up two loops, and will be spending tomorrow programming all the patches for the board, but I can see some pretty cool possibilities here already!

Bass > Cali76 > ML5 > HX Stomp

Loop C - Aguilar Octamizer
Loop E - Dr Scientist Dusk
HX Stomp FX Loop - Pickle/Muff DIY build (Under the top tier)

MIDI chain - MC8 > Hx Stomp > ML5 > Dusk

Mission Expressionator connects the Dunlop Mini Expression to the Stomp, MC8, and Dusk

Powered by 2 GigRig Generators (One for the Stomp, the other for everything else)

 

 

8244451F-C025-4D7D-9550-2C56608DB215.JPG

How are you enjoying the Dusk?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need to wire this beast up after getting a bigger power supply. Still need space for the Nemesis, Ventris, EQ2, Sentry and MC8. Bit of a headache. 

 

0469AFA9-5F2F-4F2B-86FE-82B461C80D3E.jpeg

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...