Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[attachment=181053:2015.01.15 Pedal Board.jpg]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]It goes:[/font][/color][list]
[*][b]Carl Martin Opto-Comp[/b] - bought off the back of Bongos review. Wanted something reasonably priced that gets rid of random peaks.
[*][b]TC Electronic Polytune Mini 2 [/b]- soon to arrive, because it is small.
[*][b]Kalikot Audio Hikari [/b]- heard it was based on a Dementer. Use as a boost to goose the Beta. Currently flicking between the Opto and this to see what works best.
[*][b]Pump Lab Fuzz Against The Machine[/b] - bought this after seeing Juans demo. Loads of meaty bottom end.
[*][b]SolidGoldFX Beta[/b] - usually have the gain turned down and the tone just before 12 o'clock. It's becoming a really key part of my sound through choruses where I want to boost the bottom end.
[*]Smallsound Bigsound Mini - to me this feels like a low gain fuzz than a distortion. Really tight. Usually drop this in over the Beta.
[*][b]MXR Analog Chorus[/b] - had the Corona before and loved it, but wasn't using the toneprints so picked up this as a replacement. I find it much easier to play with.
[*][b]Chicago Stompworks Moose Pie[/b] - wanted to dip my toe back into the Muff pool because its got a more open distortion in comparison to the FATM and Mini, theres some feedback and it absolutely rips.
[/list]

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1421341222' post='2660154']
cool board :) I use the MXR chorus too - never seen anyone use the cutoffs like you though (cutting chorus to highs and just modulating the lows!!)
[/quote]
I had it the opposite way originally but felt that the highs were too pronoucned and lost some clarity whereas the unmodulated bottom end didn't really come through as I wanted. This will likely change through time as I play with my amp a bit more. Its a little hifi at the moment and I think thats where some of these settings are comming from.

[quote name='ordep' timestamp='1421349426' post='2660292']
nice to see a fellow hikari user. :-)
[/quote]
Its a decent little pedal and the key thing for me was the space. I think I will keep it as the sole compressor and get rid of the opto if I put anything else on there.

current version before rebuild (i will add new custom fuzz from COG and OC2)
patch 1 is COG Knightfall (channel 1 always ON)
patch 2 is clean GR1
patch 3 is COG + GR1
patch 4 is ODB3 + Behringer Tremolo for loud stutter effect
patch 5 is clean

[quote name='MothBox' timestamp='1421332740' post='2659989'][b]Kalikot Audio Hikari [/b][size=4]- heard it was based on a Dementer. Use as a boost to goose the Beta. Currently flicking between the Opto and this to see what works best.[/size]
[/quote]

Does that mean you're not really using it as a comp ? Got to say, I'd like to hear about how it performs as a comp.

[quote name='BigBeatNut' timestamp='1421400530' post='2660696']
Does that mean you're not really using it as a comp ? Got to say, I'd like to hear about how it performs as a comp.
[/quote]

I dial it in with compression but also with a bit of boost above unity. I find there is a much more noticeable squish with the Hikari than with the Opto, although I really have no experience with compressors to tell you what its actually doing.

If it is a Demeter clone there is a review on Ovni labs.

[size=4][color=#404040][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]My current board and case is the 'Showman' by Diago UK. There is no chain as such as there are separate isolated feeds from each pedal into the Octaswitch 2 (by Carl Martin). You can make up your own patches by cutting in the sounds you need with the micro dip switches. The pedal order is:- TC Electronic Polytune Noir, [/font][/color][/size][color=#404040][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]BOSS OC-2 (Octaver),[/font][/color][color=#404040][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] Nova Modulator (NM-1), Alter ego (Delay), HOF (Reverb) and Nova Dynamics (compressor). It's all powered up with a 'Pro Power' by Carl Martin, which I would recommend to anyone. [/font][/color]A few other boards used over the last 20+ years can be found here:- [url="http://infinitybass.com/pedalboard/"][color=#0000cd]http://infinitybass.com/pedalboard/[/color][/url]

Edited by SimonEdward

I know the feeling - I have a few up for sale so I can buy something else ;)

New addition - the eterna reverb... amazing!! Just counting down the days til Pedaltrain release the Metro 24 board so I don't have to keep the OC-2 on the floor!

Only problem I can see with the new Pedaltrain boards, there is nowhere to put your stickers ;)

Edited by GazWills

could you not squeeze that OC2 on by moving the others closer together?

just finished tweaking and setting up my nano board for live use, really impressed with this ovnifx compressor

so it goes:

Bass ->

TC Electronic Polytune Noir -> OVNIFX Smoothie Compressor -> Suncoast B1P Bass Preamp

-> Palmer PDI-09 DI box
-> Demeter Minnie 800D power amp
-> Barefaced Super 15

with nice neon pink gaffa so i can see my settings and where to stand on stage

Edited by Ant

[quote name='Ant' timestamp='1421584900' post='2662879']

just finished tweaking and setting up my nano board for live use, really impressed with this ovnifx compressor

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v662/pugwall/Bass/FullSizeRender1.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v662/pugwall/Bass/FullSizeRender.jpg[/IMG]

so it goes:

Bass ->

TC Electronic Polytune Noir -> OVNIFX Smoothie Compressor -> Suncoast B1P Bass Preamp

-> Pearce PDI-09 DI box
-> Demeter Minnie 800D power amp
-> Barefaced Super 15

with nice neon pink gaffa so i can see my settings and where to stand on stage
[/quote]

Nice! Did you ever get those cables?
My fist gig tonight with my palmer di box so hopefully the sound guy won't be scoulling at the treble in the preamp.

[quote name='Ant' timestamp='1421584900' post='2662879']

[/quote]

kind of - with a few mm of overhang they all fit on, but it would be totally un-usable anywhere other than the bedroom, every time I aimed my foot at the BB I'd hit the tuner... maybe I'm not as co-ordinated as everyone else, someone said the same over on TB ;)

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1421586864' post='2662910']
kind of - with a few mm of overhang they all fit on, but it would be totally un-usable anywhere other than the bedroom, every time I aimed my foot at the BB I'd hit the tuner... maybe I'm not as co-ordinated as everyone else, someone said the same over on TB ;)
[/quote]

i know what you mean! i have to zip tie some of my switches to stop myself standing on the wrong ones! hah

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1421585423' post='2662883']
Nice! Did you ever get those cables?
My fist gig tonight with my palmer di box so hopefully the sound guy won't be scoulling at the treble in the preamp.
[/quote]

ordered the dimarzio pink ones from a place in germany, but they were backordered so getting a refund, gonna order the ebs ones soon instead.

the palmer is really ace, i even use mine when playing at home with headphones (using an xlr to jack cable)

[quote name='Ant' timestamp='1421587139' post='2662914']
i know what you mean! i have to zip tie some of my switches to stop myself standing on the wrong ones! hah

[/quote]

yeah I noticed that - used to have to do something similar with my old fulltone bassdrive, to keep it in comp cut (back with you had to pull up the volume pot to change modes, what a stupid design for something you step on!!!)

[quote name='Cameronj279' timestamp='1421553476' post='2662674']
Lot of distortion going on there Kev!

Here's mine. Looking to add a delay, octave and (if space is available) a chorus pedal.

[/quote]

Buy this: http://basschat.co.uk/topic/252232-fs-tc-electronic-flashback-mini-delay-pedal-l75-inc/
Winning Delay pedal in a small package for the little space you have left :)

Si