Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

Yup, I love my Darkglass pedals, but the LEDs are just insane.

Has anyone tried a TC Flashback Mini? Seems like a nifty little delay, is this tone print a gimmick or is actually good?

Edited by Kev

Guest FretNoMore

I tried the Lightdims but have to say for me they didn"t work too well. The stickers are made of a slightly stiff plastic, and combined with having a not too strong adhesive and the usually uneven surface (the pedal LEDs tend to stick up a bit) the edges lift and the stickers come off after just a short time. They didn't even stay on the almost flat LED lenses some pedals have. It a great idea, but maybe not so much for pedals.

IME, YMMV, IMHO, and all that. :)

Guest FretNoMore

They don't cost much so no big expense to try, it's a good idea so if it works for you, great.

Edited by FretNoMore

The latest, now with COG Gattino/TK-421-X!

[URL=http://s66.photobucket.com/user/albakio/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20141011_151656.jpg.html][IMG]http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h241/albakio/Mobile%20Uploads/20141011_151656.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Gonna be using this at Brixton Academy and the Forum in December, and the COG pedals are going to take the roofs off! :-):-)

cant wait to gig this bad boy!!!

so happy with the pedal board from charlies pedalboards, all power supplies (2x diago powerstations) and thumpinator hidden underneath.

and the obligatory night shot

if peeps want to know signal path the mesa, spore and root are in the loop of the bright onion blender which is inserted into loop 1 of my cog custom (red 5) so its before the fuzz, so they have a clen blend, then it goes to the primer, then heliotropic, apocalypse, tu3 and the thumpinator underneath the board.

andy

andy

Here's mine, all done for now. (please excuse the dust. It was clean before rehearsal, honest!)

I still want to replace the chorus, but it'll do for the time being. I've since tidied up all the wires, and fixed the output jack on the Ashdown. Did a gig the other week, and it kept cutting out. Needless to say it was a little embarrassing having to keep bending over and tapping on the patch lead to get my signal back. :unsure:

Very happy with it though. It's got everything I need on it, so pedalwise I [i]think [/i]I'm done shopping.

Cheers!

Edited by Mr Anthony

[quote name='Immo' timestamp='1414446285' post='2589450']

As for now, these two are everything I use. Digitech Bass Synth Wah + Polish Love Overdrive. Pretty nice couple.
[/quote]

What do you do with the two outputs? Does the synth go to foh and the od amp?

Edited by lefrash

[quote name='lefrash' timestamp='1414489559' post='2589678']
What do you do with the two outputs? Does the synth go to foh and the od amp?
[/quote]
I was experimenting with sending signal to other effects and to both inputs of my combo. It actually works really nice as the difference of the input levels on those inputs balances the effects more.
[quote name='elephantgrey' timestamp='1414495321' post='2589768']
Is the polish love discontinued? or does it have another name? i cant seem to find much on it except a few demos on bass (the opposite problem i usually have >.>)…
[/quote]
The guy who builds it was making those at request, I ain't sure if he still does it. If stuff like Pigtronix are "boutique" effects, Polish Love is more like a "grandma's threaded" stuff. Polish Loves are frequently reappearing at the used effect markets in Poland. The effect is know either as Polish Love or Helter Skelter.
Basically, it's a simple overdrive that boosts the sound equally, without killing most of the harmonics. Left knob is "drive", right is "volume". The switch disables the drive knob, making the effect go +10% more drive then full overdrive. Drive pot varies from nearly clean to harsh overdriven sound. Not a 100% valve emulation, but has some valve-ish warmth. Volume pot set on 9:00 gives volume level similar to bypassed effect in my case.

I haven't had a board for a while now, and it's taken a while to get around to getting this up online, but if anyone is interested in the sounds that came from my last monster live pedalboard set up, here are a number of improvisations using it before I split it all up (and sold most of it!). Signal chain listings are on each tracks info...

https://sheponbass.bandcamp.com/album/astronominal

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1414587544' post='2590969']

Ooooo, don't see many Broadcasts on boards, how are you using that?

Si
[/quote]

I've only just got it, but the plan is to let it do some of the filter sweeping to reduce me needing to use the EP as much. The main challenge will be to get the timing spot on with the band, but I'm optimistic. There is also potential to use it with the Xero's self-oscillation in a kind of dub siren context.
This vid may help explain - obviously it needs a lot of refining, but it gives the gist:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w5l0tvdzxc1nuf1/Video%2029-10-2014%2010%2057%2049.mov?dl=0

Having moved NANO a couple of years ago I only occasionally hanker after the MEGA board days (I miss my DHA VT2 the most). I have been using some Mooers and various other options but landed mainly on TC and SFX. The MXR compressor (which I love) remains the odd one out in terms of size but I really like having metering on my comp. I have just added the toneprint enabled TC Corona mini (which I haven't tried yet but have heard some great chorus toneprints).

[quote name='RichF' timestamp='1414870846' post='2594269']
Having moved NANO a couple of years ago I only occasionally hanker after the MEGA board days (I miss my DHA VT2 the most). I have been using some Mooers and various other options but landed mainly on TC and SFX. The MXR compressor (which I love) remains the odd one out in terms of size but I really like having metering on my comp. I have just added the toneprint enabled TC Corona mini (which I haven't tried yet but have heard some great chorus toneprints).

[/quote]

Like :)

EDIT: I [url="http://www.talkbass.com/threads/post-your-1590a-tiny-pedals-pedalboard.1082163/page-2#post-16560120"]reposted that on TB[/url], hope you don't mind :)

Edited by BigBeatNut

[quote name='BigBeatNut' timestamp='1415002503' post='2595395']
Like :)

EDIT: I [url="http://www.talkbass.com/threads/post-your-1590a-tiny-pedals-pedalboard.1082163/page-2#post-16560120"]reposted that on TB[/url], hope you don't mind :)
[/quote] all good on the reposting - I have acknowledged it on TB.