Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

Here's my fledgling pedal board, built around a pedaltrain junior courtesy of SK8 off the classifieds.

At the moment its just got my basics for gigging (volume pedal, compressor and A/B box for switching between two basses), plus an overdrive pedal that I'm yet to use in anger. Its powered by a Harley Benton powerplant Jr, which was stonking good value for an isoluated PSU.

In the future I'll probably add the following:

- Aguilar Octamiser (ordered and currently on a USPS slow boat from the states)
- TC Electronics Polytune Classic
- 3Leaf Wonderlove
- MXR Chorus Deluxe

Then I'm done with the effects game. For real.

...oh who am I kidding...

Longer term, I can imagine myself adding this lot too...

- 3Leaf Enabler (preamp/di/headphone amp)
- Some form of low gain tubey OD (Darkglass VM, Carl Martin Bass Driver, COG Knightfall 66 are on the shortlist)
- Upgraded power supply
- Buffer (if req'd)

So many cool boards in here!

Here's my contribution :)

I've got a Mooer Shimverb yet to go on, but I don't think there will be room for my Ditto looper, so I'll likely be leaving that out. The chorus is more of a temporary thing, since I'm not sure if I actually like it, and/or have a real need for it. I'd rather have a nice delay in there I think. I don't know, we'll see.

I bit the bullet and went for some of that fancy 3m Dual Lock. At £7ish per metre, I was banking on it being really good stuff. Honestly can't fault it though. Those pedals are [b][i]on there[/i][i]! [/i][/b]I'm yet to get a power supply sorted, but im thinking either just grabbing a one-spot for now, or that Diago powerstation doo-dad. Hopefully the latter will fit underneath, but we'll see. Everything is nice and neat though, all straight and connected nicely. Can't wait to get this thing to a practice session and see how it goes. I'm really liking the Ashdown with a subtle bit of drive plugged into my BH500. I've getting closer to the sound I want, which is great. I just hope it still works with the band! :rolleyes:

Cheers!

Edited by Mr Anthony

[quote name='ordep' timestamp='1410181619' post='2546850']

new comp added and rearranged the pedals. all the most used pedals are now at the bottom. Now I can also stomp the SubT, Xero and TAFM at the same time. :-)

[color=#141823]chain is: turbo tuner->subt->TAFM->xero+hothand3->B3K->hikari->M5+mission expression (not shown)->jamman->enabler[/color]
[/quote]

What is the hikari, please ? (Googling hasn't told me anything)

EDIT: Ahh, that's the compressor ? From these guys [url="http://kalikotaudio.blogspot.co.uk/"]HERE[/url] ?

Edited by BigBeatNut

[quote name='BigBeatNut' timestamp='1412256765' post='2567210']

What is the hikari, please ? (Googling hasn't told me anything)

EDIT: Ahh, that's the compressor ? From these guys [url="http://kalikotaudio.blogspot.co.uk/"]HERE[/url] ?
[/quote]

yup, it is an optical comp. Ernest (the kalikot guy) is a friend of mine. not really sure but I think it is somewhat based on the demeter compulator. It is a great comp for the money.

Edited by ordep

this is it, at the moment, [s]trembling from anticipation[/s] waiting for a xotic bb, for heavy(ish) distortion duties...

here are some soundsamples in various combinations (bear with me..)

[url="https://soundcloud.com/souled-out-4/sets/misc-isht"]https://soundcloud.c.../sets/misc-isht[/url]

[quote name='steviedee' timestamp='1412792682' post='2572173']
A bit boring I know but I quite like it!

[attachment=173297:pedal.JPG]
[/quote]

How is that ls2 wired up? Ivery got a b3 on its way and I already have an ms60b so my pedal board will shortly look very similar!

[quote name='lefrash' timestamp='1413233398' post='2576264']

How is that ls2 wired up? Ivery got a b3 on its way and I already have an ms60b so my pedal board will shortly look very similar!
[/quote]
I'm just using the ls2 with 2 basses as an A/B switch. My rick and fretless stingray have considerably different output levels. So the ls2 allows me to modify the volume and have them both plugged in at the same time.

Guest FretNoMore

My first DIY build ... easy enough, four jacks in a 1550A box, a little send/return patchbay that gives me an insert point in the middle of my effects chain. To put a wah after the dirt, or even patching in a whole second board for fun and games at home. :)

Edited by FretNoMore

I often wonder, when effects builders see gigging boards with stickers covering the LEDs, why they don't either reduce the current going to LEDs to make them dimmer or just use dimmer bulbs. With exception to the whammy and the TFR, all the LEDs on my board above are stupid bright when you are above them.

Edited by Kev

Guest FretNoMore

Agreed ... some LEDs are so bright I can't see the knobs on the pedal, and I have spots in my vision if I look at them for more than a second. The blue-white ones that are all the rage now are the worst.

Edited by FretNoMore