Why become a member? ×

Buying a new bass need help

wishface

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1469688325' post='3100257']
For all you patient souls who have tried and are very obviously becoming frustrated, perhaps it's time to give it up.
[/quote]
No, I feel morally obliged to advise the OP on his errors.

[quote name='wishface' timestamp='1469659761' post='3100202']
That's great. But I've decided not to buy an instrument sight unseen. If it's something I've tried, like the Yamaha, then I'm happy to take a look. I can't otherwise justify purchasing something I may not like. The sr370 looked promising, but i didn't get on with it. Had i brought a cheap one from here, for instance, I would have been disappointed. That is what I want to avoid.
[/quote]

Well I think the seller offered the option of trying.

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1469522805' post='3098915']
I found the TRBX504 I had to be one of the blandest instruments I've ever owned. Very disappointing bass
[/quote]

The cheaper 304 sounds much better than the 504 to my ears! I loved the look of the 5 series but stopped myself from buying one after hearing the 3 series in comparison.

OP - try a Squier Classic Vibe Jazz. Great bass, and not just 'for the money'.

Edited by dannybuoy

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1469727016' post='3100706']
The cheaper 304 sounds much better than the 504 to my ears! I loved the look of the 5 series but stopped myself from buying one after hearing the 3 series in comparison.

OP - try a Squier Classic Vibe Jazz. Great bass, and not just 'for the money'.
[/quote]They didn't have any in the shop. The only squiers they had were short scale, which I don't care for at all. No classic vibe jazzes at all.

[quote name='Machines' timestamp='1469732670' post='3100765']
If you can't get what you want locally then you're going to have to buy online and return if you don't like it. You are entitled to under the Distance Selling Act.
[/quote]Not sure what you're referring to. The Yamaha bass was local.

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1469798270' post='3101134']
Unapproved the last few comments as we don't allow valuations on the site I'm afraid
[/quote]

When people sell their basses are they not putting a valuation on it?

[quote name='wishface' timestamp='1469733034' post='3100770']
Not sure what you're referring to. The Yamaha bass was local.
[/quote]

He's saying you can buy a bass online and if you don't like it, return it. Many places, e.g. Thomann (although the exchange rate isn't making them so favourable right now) will cover the return shipping and not charge you a penny for the pleasure of trying out a bass at home for nowt.

If you're only prepared to purchase what it is available in your local shop then there's not much point talking about it anymore, your time would be better spent down there playing their basses!

Don't feed the Troll!

It's been obvious for ages, shame the OP has nothing better to do than amuse themselves at the well intentioned help given by others on here.

Surprised this thread was not locked some time ago.....maybe I should suggest the OP visits a certain 'Guitar and Bass Improver?'

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1469806328' post='3101238']
Don't feed the Troll!

It's been obvious for ages, shame the OP has nothing better to do than amuse themselves at the well intentioned help given by others on here.

Surprised this thread was not locked some time ago.....maybe I should suggest the OP visits a certain 'Guitar and Bass Improver?'
[/quote]

:lol: