Why become a member? ×

Muse @ Glastonbury

Kev

I ,a non fan, took my son, a fan, to see them at the O2 earlier this year, and was blown away by how good they were,the sound was spot on, the band were tight and very talented, and the visuals were superbly impressive. Not sure a festival setting is best for them, but quite enjoyed it last night, think they're a ' better when you're there' band...!!!

[quote name='crez5150' timestamp='1466867646' post='3079471']
Great live band.... dont think the telly does them any justice at all. I do think they should give their keys guys a bit more credit though..... at least let him take a bow at the end of the set
[/quote]

They would probably have to pay him more!! :)

A bit like extras on the telly once they get a talking part!!

[quote name='crez5150' timestamp='1466867646' post='3079471']
Great live band.... dont think the telly does them any justice at all. I do think they should give their keys guys a bit more credit though..... at least let him take a bow at the end of the set
[/quote]

Agree. Actually it is one thing that I don't like where big bands have keyboard players or additional guitarists off stage or far in the corner when they are doing a big gig. I want everyone involved playing something to be on stage.

[quote name='steantval' timestamp='1466976425' post='3080223']
Very good musicians and make a lot of sound for a three piece, just a bit boring after a few tunes.
[/quote]

As has been pointed out, they're not a 3 piece. Dunno why bands like muse and green day don't just make the sidemen full members of the band - they can't do a gig without them after all.

[quote name='jacko' timestamp='1466979897' post='3080258']
As has been pointed out, they're not a 3 piece. Dunno why bands like muse and green day don't just make the sidemen full members of the band - they can't do a gig without them after all.
[/quote]

The 4th Muse guy has specifically said he doesn't want to be part of the band, nor does he want to have prominent position on stage.

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1466980086' post='3080261']
The 4th Muse guy has specifically said he doesn't want to be part of the band, nor does he want to have prominent position on stage.
[/quote]

Fair enough then, like the keyboard player with Iron Maiden. Its a shame but if thats what he wants.

[quote name='jacko' timestamp='1466979897' post='3080258']
[/quote]

Jason White is now officially the fourth member of Green Day.

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1467010939' post='3080334']
Fair enough then, like the keyboard player with Iron Maiden. Its a shame but if thats what he wants.
[/quote]

Mike Kenney, who's also Steve Harris's bass tech, used to play the keyboards for live Maiden shows, dunno if he stil does?

Back on topic, I thought Muse were effin brilliant on Friday night. Watched on telly, sound through my Denon system, excellent! Chris really is a monster player, and his signal chain and use of effects really is something special..

Posted this on the other Glasto thread, now realised this is the better place...

Can someone who knows Muse better than me tell me at what time Hysteria pops up in the set? I don't know any other songs and I don't want to listen to the whole thing. Thanks!
Here's the iPlayer link. http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p03xs070/glastonbury-2016-muse

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1467102993' post='3081133']
It's 13 of 19.
Go here....

[url="http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2016/worthy-farm-pilton-england-43fe4b4f.html"]http://www.setlist.f...d-43fe4b4f.html[/url]
[/quote]

Thanks! (the actual timing would be really handy though!)

With regard to chucking the guitar off the back of the stage, I'm sure there was his guitar tech there to catch it for him, after all it would be more work for him if it got smashed up! Everything else in their set was so slick and on-point, I'm sure that would have been too...

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1467114431' post='3081250']
I think you're out of luck. It should be before Time Is Running Out and it isn't. The iplayer version doesn't seem to include it. I expect it got the chop, probably for the same reason as Adele's set when she f***ed up River Lea. It was the first time she had performed that live though.
[/quote]

Oh, that's a shame. Thanks for looking anyway. For the rookie Muse-o, what songs would you recommend from the Glastonbury set?

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1467119073' post='3081294']
Obviously he can do whatever he wants with his own gear, but it seemed to me that the guitar tech was stage right and handed him a replacement immediately after. I wouldn't want to have been on the receiving end of the one he threw as it went headstock first!
[/quote]

Would have just got out of the way!

Seen 'em live three times, always incredible, lost interest after 'Revolutions', but love the new album. I guess each to their own, but it always surprises me when people complain about Matt Bellamy's vocals. Personally I would kill to be able to hit notes like that, but then there are vocalists that get on my wick too. I'm told that on tour, in Germany I believe, he ran out of guitars because he'd smashed them all. So they flew out Hugh Manson, who builds them for him, with six new ones!
We once did some recording at Sawmills, where they recorded their first album. Our engineer said he'd never seen a better rhythm section than Muse.

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1467114431' post='3081250']

I think you're out of luck. It should be before Time Is Running Out and it isn't. The iplayer version doesn't seem to include it. I expect it got the chop, probably for the same reason as Adele's set when she f***ed up River Lea. It was the first time she had performed that live though.
[/quote]

That's a pity - it was excellent - and finished with bits of Heartbreaker and Back in Black (the unison fast section)