Why become a member? ×

BF Super Compact vs Nemesis 4 x 10

King Tut

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1466700567' post='3078027']
Oh good, another one of these threads!

Opinion is split, I know a few who daren't say anything negative due to the way any negativity against these cabs always gets jumped on, and somehow the attackers make it seem BF is being picked on!!

I would take them up on their trial. Take it, see if it can truly keep up with a 4x10 in a live environment, crucially in tone and the balance of the output (as opposed to simply volume as this is what I see most of the complaints are about) and if it doesn't, give it back :) Win win really!
[/quote]

This is good advice. Not everyone likes Barefaced cabs.

Frank.

Guest bassman7755

Opinion is split, I know a few who daren't say anything negative due to the way any negativity against these cabs always gets jumped on, and somehow the attackers make it seem BF is being picked on!!
[/quote]

The only people who get picked on are those jumping into perfectly friendly threads and making inflammatory posts like you. If youve got something constructive to say and BF cabs (good or bad) then bring it, if not then take your negativity and cynicism elsewhere.

[quote name='bassman7755' timestamp='1466705924' post='3078085']
The only people who get picked on are those jumping into perfectly friendly threads and making inflammatory posts like you. If youve got something constructive to say and BF cabs (good or bad) then bring it, if not then take your negativity and cynicism elsewhere.
[/quote]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Thank you for proving my point [/font][/color] :rolleyes:

However, if you read my post again, you will see my constructive comment. You have deleted this from your quote, for some reason!

[quote name='GregBass' timestamp='1466688939' post='3077912']
I went from a full MB rig - 1x15 and 4x10 - to a pair of Big Baby 2s. It took a while to sort out the eq, but my rig has never sounded better. You won't be disappointed!
[/quote]
Just out of curiosity, what exactly were your before and after settings?

Here's a link to a video put up by landlord from a gig a couple of weeks ago:-

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1157743877603020&id=224894804221270

And this one posted by a punter at the same gig from outside the marquee:-

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154868229452598&id=588604131173413

It's the Big Twin g3 being driven by a markbase sa450 500w map. Bear in mind you can dump 1600w into it.

The band are seriously loud, going through a barefaced pa, just two cabs, light enough to throw, 800w rms each.

There's no bass in the pa....

This is last night's superb gig in Hastings, another punter, this time his phone couldn't deal with the SPL, place was rammed with very up for it happy dancing punters and a couple of grizzled bass heads who reckoned it was the best bass tone they'd heard the low B was astounding apparently - one of them is now trying to sell his big heavy Ashdown rig to get a big twin.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154248515748279&id=588604131173413&notif_t=page_wall&notif_id=1466940198861663&ref=bookmarks

Edited by 51m0n

[quote name='51m0n' timestamp='1466977069' post='3080232']
Here's a link to a video put up by landlord from a gig a couple of weeks ago:-

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1157743877603020&id=224894804221270

And this one posted by a punter at the same gig from outside the marquee:-

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154868229452598&id=588604131173413

It's the Big Twin g3 being driven by a markbase sa450 500w map. Bear in mind you can dump 1600w into it.

The band are seriously loud, going through a barefaced pa, just two cabs, light enough to throw, 800w rms each.

There's no bass in the pa....

This is last night's superb gig in Hastings, another punter, this time his phone couldn't deal with the SPL, place was rammed with very up for it happy dancing punters and a couple of grizzled bass heads who reckoned it was the best bass tone they'd heard the low B was astounding apparently - one of them is now trying to sell his big heavy Ashdown rig to get a big twin.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154248515748279&id=588604131173413&notif_t=page_wall&notif_id=1466940198861663&ref=bookmarks
[/quote]

Certainly cutting thru the mix a treat!

• 2 weeks later...

[/quote]

That's not the impression I got.

Before I got my first BF cab, and not knowing anything about the history of the company whatsoever, I would come across BF-related threads and I just could not understand the bahaviour of the participants. And by that I mean people seeming hellbent on jumping onto any BF thread to just be negative in a way that seemed... obsessive.

It put me right off BF at first because it made me think that perhaps there was a reason behind that behaviour.

Eventually the day came when I could try them for myself and... I still don't get that compulsive behaviour of some. I really don't. If there's any excessive lashing out from BF 'fans' (which is not pretty either) sometimes, it was not them who started it ;)

Of course you disagree. But my own observations are different from what you said, so I want to leave this message here :)

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1468074079' post='3088456']

Before I got my first BF cab, and not knowing anything about the history of the company whatsoever, I would come across BF-related threads and I just could not understand the bahaviour of the participants. And by that I mean people seeming hellbent on jumping onto any BF thread to just be negative in a way that seemed... obsessive.

It put me right off BF at first because it made me think that perhaps there was a reason behind that behaviour.

Eventually the day came when I could try them for myself and... I still don't get that compulsive behaviour of some. I really don't. If there's any excessive lashing out from BF 'fans' (which is not pretty either) sometimes, it was not them who started it ;)

Of course you disagree. But my own observations are different from what you said, so I want to leave this message here :)
[/quote]

Same here.
Anyway, whatever, I'm very much looking forward to gigging my BF tonight :)

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1468074466' post='3088460']
Same here.
Anyway, whatever, I'm very much looking forward to gigging my BF tonight :)
[/quote]

Me too - used mine in a very big hall last night, no FOH, and didn`t need to turn up louder or adjust eq due to the size of the room. Gigging later on so two gigs in two nights for my trusty Super12T.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1468077653' post='3088482']
Me too - used mine in a very big hall last night, no FOH, and didn`t need to turn up louder or adjust eq due to the size of the room. Gigging later on so two gigs in two nights for my trusty Super12T.
[/quote]

Have a good one Lozz :) We are over in Hatfield tonight, so fairly local for us. Handbox amp and BF :gas:

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1468074079' post='3088456']

[/quote]

Admittedly, I have only really begun to take notice of Barefaced threads recently, largely because I was looking to buy a bass rig again for the first time in years and I was browsing this part of the forum. So, I missed all the earlier threads on Barefaced (something about handles?) so you may be absolutely right, trolls and rather sad little people who didn't want to see a small guy succeed may have 'started it', so to speak.

My comments though are based on recent threads, and in those I stand by my comments; any negativity, constructive or not, is jumped on (as demonstrated by Bassman7755). Some Barefaced owners do need to accept that not everyone likes it when they constantly state how much louder and better designed their cabs are. Equally, people who have never tried Barefaced before (which I'm sure there are several) shouldn't be commenting at all! But the ones who have tried and disliked shouldn't feel the need to discuss their issues with them by PM in fear of being shouted down on here, and I know of a number of members who feel this way.

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1468080556' post='3088498']
Have a good one Lozz :) We are over in Hatfield tonight, so fairly local for us. Handbox amp and BF :gas:
[/quote]

Cheers Gary, went great, hope yours goes as good.

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1468094668' post='3088595']
Admittedly, I have only really begun to take notice of Barefaced threads recently, largely because I was looking to buy a bass rig again for the first time in years and I was browsing this part of the forum. So, I missed all the earlier threads on Barefaced (something about handles?) so you may be absolutely right, trolls and rather sad little people who didn't want to see a small guy succeed may have 'started it', so to speak.

My comments though are based on recent threads, and in those I stand by my comments; any negativity, constructive or not, is jumped on (as demonstrated by Bassman7755). Some Barefaced owners do need to accept that not everyone likes it when they constantly state how much louder and better designed their cabs are. Equally, people who have never tried Barefaced before (which I'm sure there are several) shouldn't be commenting at all! But the ones who have tried and disliked shouldn't feel the need to discuss their issues with them by PM in fear of being shouted down on here, and I know of a number of members who feel this way.
[/quote]Kev the problem is that once company starts to get name, people knock it. There is no doubt the Barefaced make great cabs. So do TKS, Vanderkley, Bergntino etc. It does seem however than in the past certain people have been a bit "noisy" about Barefaced. At one time maybe they were a one trick pony but they now cover the full spectrum for modern to vintage. The handle thread was a joke except it was not funny.

Now as for the design, Alex is constantly pushing the boundaries and we are all benefitting from that. You can bet your life that the big boys are pulling apart Barefaced cabs as we write to see what makes them tick.

I cannot comment fully as I have no extended experience of Barefaced but I know a good trolling when I see it. I m not great fan of Ampex, Mesa or Markbass, but as the saying goes 3000 Billion flies cannot be wrong. So as long as people stick to their own reasoned opinions, that is OK. Many do not. Comparing Barefaced to TKS or Bergntino is like comparing a Porsche, to a Ferrari to a Bentley. All great cars but not all necessarily right for everyone. The point is to celebrate all of them as they all add to our sum of knowledge.

Edited by Chienmortbb

[quote name='Chienmortbb' timestamp='1468103416' post='3088664']
So as long as people stick to their own reasoned opinions, that is OK. Many do not. Comparing Barefaced to TKS or Bergntino is like comparing a Porsche, to a Ferrari to a Bentley. All great cars but not all necessarily write for everyone. The point is to celebrate all of them as they all add to our sum of knowledge.
[/quote]

Well said :)

The best way to stop the trolling is to not respond to such posts. The resulting posts are seldom helpful. As the OP may I respectfully for folk to please keep this topic on track so it might help others making a similar choice to me?