Why become a member? ×

BF Super Compact vs Nemesis 4 x 10

King Tut

Absolutely. My comments are very much on topic though, so fortunately there is no trolling in this thread yet.

Did you take them up on the free trial then? I would be interested to hear how it compares to the 4x10 in a band situation.

Guest bassman7755

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1468094668' post='3088595']
any negativity, constructive or not, is jumped on (as demonstrated by Bassman7755).
[/quote]

I have never taken anyone to task for criticising barefaced (or any other gear for that matter) because calm respectful discussions of the merits are gear is what we are here for, I do however take people to task for jumping in with mud slinging comments and inflammatory comments like "oh no another one of these threads" which dont forward to discussion at hand.

Edited by bassman7755

[quote name='bassman7755' timestamp='1468168811' post='3088965']
I have never taken anyone to task for criticising barefaced (or any other gear for that matter) because calm respectful discussions of the merits are gear is what we are here for, I do however take people to task for jumping in with mud slinging comments and inflammatory comments like "oh no another one of these threads" which dont forward to discussion at hand.
[/quote]

We can agree to disagree.

Can we move on please, as per the OP's request? :)

[quote name='Chienmortbb' timestamp='1468103416' post='3088664']
Kev the problem is that once company starts to get name, people knock it. There is no doubt the Barefaced make great cabs. So do TKS, Vanderkley, Bergntino etc. It does seem however than in the past certain people have been a bit "noisy" about Barefaced. At one time maybe they were a one trick pony but they now cover the full spectrum for modern to vintage. The handle thread was a joke except it was not funny.

[b]Now as for the design, Alex is constantly pushing the boundaries and we are all benefitting from that. You can bet your life that the big boys are pulling apart Barefaced cabs as we write to see what makes them tick.[/b]

I cannot comment fully as I have no extended experience of Barefaced but I know a good trolling when I see it. I m not great fan of Ampex, Mesa or Markbass, but as the saying goes 3000 Billion flies cannot be wrong. So as long as people stick to their own reasoned opinions, that is OK. Many do not. Comparing Barefaced to TKS or Bergntino is like comparing a Porsche, to a Ferrari to a Bentley. All great cars but not all necessarily write for everyone. The point is to celebrate all of them as they all add to our sum of knowledge.
[/quote]

I'd very much doubt this...
There was quite a slanging match on TB relatively recently... go check it out if you can interested. Might give a few pointers about general standing. And considering a lot of stories--of this type--never make into the public domain, that was quite..indiscreet..??

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1468669664' post='3092518']
There was quite a slanging match on TB relatively recently... go check it out if you can interested. Might give a few pointers about general standing. And considering a lot of stories--of this type--never make into the public domain, that was quite..indiscreet..??
[/quote]

Subtle s*!t stirring at it's very best. :D

Frank.

• 2 weeks later...

[/quote]
I don't go on Talkbass, would you mind dropping a link in to that thread? Cheers

[/quote]Having worked for manufacturers, I can tell you that their development labs (or cupboards) are littered with competitors products. There are two reasons for this. To learn from other people's ideas and to find weaknesses that the marketing and sales team can use in a subtle way to "dis" the competitor.

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1468094668' post='3088595']
Equally, people who have never tried Barefaced before (which I'm sure there are several) shouldn't be commenting at all!
[/quote]
what about people who have never tried Barefaced before, but gig regularly in a band with a bassist who has been using Barefaced for a number of years, thereby having some experience of Barefaced sound (on stage and FOH) at various gigging levels (indoor and out), and with different amps (ss and valve)? Should they be allowed to comment?

[quote name='MacDaddy' timestamp='1469787836' post='3101024']
what about people who have never tried Barefaced before, but gig regularly in a band with a bassist who has been using Barefaced for a number of years, thereby having some experience of Barefaced sound (on stage and FOH) at various gigging levels (indoor and out), and with different amps (ss and valve)? Should they be allowed to comment?
[/quote]

only after you submit your application and it has been reviewed, then if it accepted you'll receive a certificate that shows you're entitled to comment.
;)

[quote name='Chienmortbb' timestamp='1469784924' post='3101003']
Having worked for manufacturers, I can tell you that their development labs (or cupboards) are littered with competitors products. There are two reasons for this. To learn from other people's ideas and to find weaknesses that the marketing and sales team can use in a subtle way to "dis" the competitor.
[/quote]

If people are interested they'll search out the link.
I'm not sure the industry agrees universally on certain products or makers and I would think people would research further than these pages, for instance. Whether they do or not, is up to them.

The point about 'pushing boundaries' is what registered as this would imply a premier maker.

Edited by JTUK

[quote name='MacDaddy' timestamp='1469787836' post='3101024']

[/quote]

You know that wasn't what I was getting at, I shall not engage further ;)

I'd say Berg myself and some of the Smaller U.S makers. I would have said Aguilar but they are mainstream now...and probably build to a pricepoint first and foremost..although seeing the prices maybe not..:lol:

Having said that, IMO, the DB series are epic cabs and the company has a solid background in sound established over many many years at the sharp end so there are vey clear at what they are trying to produce IMO and that ethic within the company remains, so I'm told.