Why become a member? ×

This girl is just.!! WOW

bubinga5

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1456176889' post='2986378']

I think there's bass playing, and bass playing.

Personally I'd take exception to the term 'love' too, but that's just me.

Sometimes this is a great forum. Other times not so, especially when there's playing that doesn't conform to the collective view of what bass playing should be.

I think both videos are amazing, I'd love to have that kind of ability. I've spent many thousands of hours practicing and don't come anywhere close.
[/quote]

Been playing for 50 years and have a tiny fraction of that ability.

Jealous? Of course.

Blue

Guest bassman7755

Shes very technically accomplished but shes no tal wilkenfeld (20 in this first vid) at least not yet anyway ...

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blp7hPFaIfU[/MEDIA]
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0G_fcfajDA[/MEDIA]

Edited by bassman7755

[quote name='kevvo66' timestamp='1456172211' post='2986292']
If you want to be a fret board w***er , take up guitar and leave the bass alone ,your missing the point love
Don't take offence take the gate it's easier
I thank you��
[/quote]
Lid, worms, can.

[quote name='Sammers' timestamp='1456139978' post='2985711']
An immense talent for sure and still very young!(although she's 18 now I think)
[/quote]
She's 18? Playing like that at [i]18?[/i] :o

Oh man, I hate her**. <_<

**not really, but you know what I mean.

Technically impressive, but for me at least it left me cold musically. There just wasn't anything of any musical worth in there imo, but I am somewhat blinkered by the fact that I despise most music where the emphasis is on showcasing technical ability and in particular when it's about playing really bloody fast for its own sake. They might be the most soulful players in the world but that's completely lost when playing this kind of music.

Now find me the next young crop of players who can play like Bobby Vega and I'll sit up and take notice...

[quote name='EssentialTension' timestamp='1456138665' post='2985682']
This is more interesting, IMO. She's clearly very talented.

[media]http://youtu.be/qCIpqwJe-6o[/media]
[/quote]

Having read the rest of this thread, I'm suprised that no one has mentioned the elephant in the room that surely consigns her to the critical dustbin: SHE'S GOT A MUSIC STAND IN FRONT OF HER!!!!

[quote name='ras52' timestamp='1456247015' post='2987033']

Having read the rest of this thread, I'm suprised that no one has mentioned the elephant in the room that surely consigns her to the critical dustbin: SHE'S GOT A MUSIC STAND IN FRONT OF HER!!!!
[/quote]
I noticed but I thought it was best to keep quiet.

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1456178004' post='2986398']
I don't think it's spead up. You only have to hear Matt Garrison or Gary Willis play for instance.
[/quote]

+1

If you watch her right hand technique she's using three fingers most of the time and I'm pretty sure her little finger is joining the party as well at certain points. :)

[quote name='ras52' timestamp='1456247015' post='2987033']
[/quote]

On the other hand, it also means she can read music well enough to follow the dots at that speed...

Its definitely sped up a little, but that can happen with YouTube vids. On purpose or not she's still very accomplished. I was more liking her solo. Not to everyones taste the first vid I'm sure. The tone is not my favourite either, but it really doesn't bother me.

Edited by bubinga5