Why become a member? ×

Precisions - How do you justify having two (or more!)?

jbasst

[quote name='Bigwan' timestamp='1452700659' post='2952586']
Yeah... Don't see a problem with it based on what you've already said. I have Beedster's 70's Yamaha Pulsar incoming and other than being maple/ash (as opposed to my current rosewood/alder p) it's my year of birth bass I've been keeping an eye for for while and wanted before my 40th next year...
[/quote]

Snap! My '76 landed a few months ago. My birth year bass and i've just turned the big 40 this month. It's an Ash and Maple lawsuit bass and I adore it so much! Incredible instrument. My other 'precision' is a Power Jazz Bass Special from the 80's and is a completely different bass despite the similar outline.

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1452711138' post='2952794']
Snap! My '76 landed a few months ago. My birth year bass and i've just turned the big 40 this month.
[/quote]

Bloody kids! I bought my 76 in, er... 76. :D
P.S. 40 is good. Just don't wait until you're 50 to decide you're going to do whatever you want to do, like I did. ;)

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1452712201' post='2952816']
Bloody kids! I bought my 76 in, er... 76. :D
P.S. 40 is good. Just don't wait until you're 50 to decide you're going to do whatever you want to do, like I did. ;)
[/quote]

he he he he!!! :) Little wippasnapper eh!

Whereas I did make my choice to do what I want many years ago, I suspect I will be finally allowed to when I AM 50!!

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1452723570' post='2952965']
...I did make my choice to do what I want many years ago, I suspect I will be finally allowed to when I AM 50!!
[/quote]

:D Yes, nobody bothers you then. It's seen as dementia. They just bring you cocoa and ask if you've been to the lavatory.

i only have one Precision, with Warwick Red rounds on it - if I was into flats as well, I could conceive of needing two maximum. I know one BC member has 15 precision basses. My partner heard him say this and said "dont get any ideas about that...." - she tolerates four basses as long as they bring different things to the party.

However, if you earned the money, and its a good price where you're not being scalped, have whatever you like.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1452781830' post='2953452']
Yes, it's time for your elderly men's get-fit hormone pills. I've just had mine. Wibble.
[/quote]

Seeing their effect on your good self, I think I'll desist, if it's all the same to you.

Have the visitors been..? :mellow:

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1452726475' post='2952994']
:D Yes, nobody bothers you then. It's seen as dementia. They just bring you cocoa and ask if you've been to the lavatory.
[/quote]

Perfect excuse for having another P bass then I reckon! - "What love? Another? I didn't realise I had the last one, you know, what with my failing memory and everything... Well, it'd be a shame to have to take it back, I'll just keep it for a bit shall I?!!"

[quote name='chrisanthony1211' timestamp='1452715558' post='2952870']
Pretty daft having two of the same bass, if you ask me you should have a minimum of three of your favourite axe....!!!!!! 😬
[/quote]

Absolutely right. I have three, all with different pick ups and neck combinations. Original Wizard Thumpers win hands down....

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1452805581' post='2953746']
I believe it can be quite a problem as one gets older... :mellow:
[/quote]

Not so much a perfect excuse, but in some cases a complete surprise... NURSE!!!!!