Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

NBD - Precision content

Sibob

So around 18months ago, I bought an official Fender USA maple Precison replacement neck in order for a Luthier to build a body onto. That didn't work out (another story), and I finally received the neck and other hardware parts back about a month ago.
I figured I may as well keep the project going, but go for a pre-existing body as opposed to something 'custom'. So I ordered a used body from Stratosphere, cheap as it had some discolouring and dings (suits me). A generic scratchplate from eBay (fits perfectly), a loom from Kiogon on here, a Crash Magnetic Transducers Salt pickup, some USA Fender tuners + Hipshot D-tuner and it's finally ready to go:

[IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/357nfk9.jpg[/IMG]

First impressions are that it's great, played it on a live-lounge type video shoot today, and it was full, growly & responsive!

Si

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1434436173' post='2799435']
After the Herts bash I bet you're wishing you bought Rosewood?
[/quote]

Haha, not really, I have an awesome '71 P that is Rosewood, this is its antithesis ;)

Si

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1434437390' post='2799449']
Haha, not really, I have an awesome '71 P that is Rosewood, this is its antithesis ;)

Si
[/quote]

Sorry, did that one on the phone on the train. Should've had a ;) and a :)

Lovely bass, proper punky. What's with the pups? Never heard of them, are they the new black?

:)

CMT Pickups are based up in Nottingham, Mark is a lovely guy who makes some really cool guitar pickups! I think me and Ant (Brawlers) kinda led him to do some bass pickups, and I was keen to get one into a bass asap. I purchased this about a year ago, and it's been waiting to go in a bass ever since.
Can't wait to get it on a gig, as the session yesterday was quite chilled.

Unfortunately CMT are on a bit of a hiatus at the moment as I understand it, however nothing wrong giving Mark an email to register interest, you never know, he might have stock available:

http://www.crashpickups.com/shop/bass/

The pickup covers are just some generic creme covers from eBay, which match really nice with the creme'd white body.

Si

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1434408540' post='2799378']
It definitely has a cool 70s punk vibe about it, which is never a bad thing!

Si
[/quote]

Never a bad thing indeed
Pure Simonon / DeeDee there
A classic look

Looks a real nice bass
Great job :)

PS. Scratches & dings are just part of life, for a working instrument
once your bass has a few, you're less precious and not so over-protective about it
Which is also quite a liberating feeling

EDIT: I say that, in full knowledge that next time I take my near mint white P bass out
I'll be having kittens everytime a cymbal stand gets kicked / knocked anywhere near it
.... or everytime our guitarist even walks past it ;)

Edited by Marc S