Why become a member? ×

Thanks Parcelforce - Hurray my new bass has arrrived and been tossed over the gate

Words cannot convey my current level of anger...

Checked the Parcel Force tracking info this morning and saw my parcel had been delivered and I had apparently signed for it - despite being at work. Asked my wife to go home from work and check thinking "It's probably gone to the local delivery office" but I'd better check to be on the safe side.

In my minds eye I had the worse picture of it being sat there on the door step. This was a close second.

My signature was faked by the driver and my Thomann delivery was tossed over the back gate and left in the rain (which thankfully finished soon after).
[url="https://flic.kr/p/spA3Ke"][/url]

[url="https://flic.kr/p/sG529H"][/url]

Do NOT let that go! Complain like F**k to Parcelforce.That message on the P739 card is not valid,and the delivery driver should be taken to task.Its good that you have pics to back up your complaint.I spent over 20 years working for that mob,and I've seen a lot worse,but that is unacceptable.

Have already emailed Parcel Force and will email Thomann tonight after I check the contents. Mrs Stuckinthepod said box looks okay apart from a little damp so I'm hopeful that the bass is ok. Today will be a long, long day in the office.

[quote name='stuckinthepod' timestamp='1431344158' post='2770144']
Have already emailed Parcel Force and will email Thomann tonight after I check the contents.
[/quote]

I'm guessing that Thomann do a LOT of business with Parcelforce, and will be better-placed than you to put pressure on them.

Thomann generally get a very good press here on Basschat (including from me) so you might want to send them a link to this thread.

[quote name='lowdown' timestamp='1431344304' post='2770148']
If you had signed for it personally, why did he feel the need to leave the package behind the side gate?

[/quote]

I read the OP as that he had NOT signed for it at all.

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1431346536' post='2770186'] I'm guessing that Thomann do a LOT of business with Parcelforce, and will be better-placed than you to put pressure on them. Thomann generally get a very good press here on Basschat (including from me) so you might want to send them a link to this thread. I read the OP as that he had NOT signed for it at all. [/quote]

No the driver faked a signature and lobbed it- we were all out at the time.

My nuclear rage has now diminished somewhat. Will be contacted Thomann and directing them to the pictures.

A calculated response for Parcelforce will be coming this evening.

Edited by stuckinthepod

Well Thomann did an absolute superb job at packing my ESP TE-406, it had an absolute ton of bubble wrap /air packets in there so hopefully no harm has been done to the guitar.

Regardless of packaging, the tool who delivered that obviously should be held accountable - epsecially as he signed for it for you. He obviously couldnt be bothered to take it back with him and thought i was much easier to chuck it over the fence.

Complain!

This does seem like a nightmare situation, I hope the bass is OK. That driver is a dork to say the least theres no way it should be left like that, in the rain, thrown over a gate and then have the guy sign your name - plus (I hate to say this but) what happens if its buggered?

Terrible... I just hope the bass is OK.

Even if it doesn't have any impact damage, the shock of being dropped from that height can't have done it any good.

It looks like he may have lowered it over the fence and it has slipped down a bit to the position in the photo. Hopefully that's the case :)

[i]*edit for spelling[/i]

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1431350156' post='2770253']

That's what it looks like to me too
[/quote]

I really hope so too. My wife checked for impact damage and couldn't see any so I've got everything crossed all is well when I open it up tonight.

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1431346536' post='2770186']
I'm guessing that Thomann do a LOT of business with Parcelforce, and will be better-placed than you to put pressure on them.

[/quote]

Strictly speaking, Thomann do no business with Parcelforce at all. They exclusively use DHL, who hand over to the Royal Mail and Parcelforce when passing into our country.

I am sure Thomann will take an interest, but realistically you are going to need to complain direct to Parcelforce.