Why become a member? ×

Interesting requirements to join a band...

solo4652

[quote name='solo4652' timestamp='1425807042' post='2710783']
I have a "bassist available" ad out. Just got this reply;

"Interested in joining a psychedelic rock band? do you have hair? do you wear baggy or skinny jeans? Do you have good equipment? Are you good? Reliable?"
[/quote]

My response would be;

[i]Cool, do you have paying gigs booked?[/i]

Blue

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1425899275' post='2711875']
For some bands image is important. Some musicians think it's ok to look like a sack of sh*t with a string tied around the middle. Clearly the two are not compatible.
[/quote]

And for some musicians only the money is important, which is clearly incompatible with psychedelic rock. Man.

Not sure about the hair requirement, from what I remember of the era 50% of the bassists wore woolly hats. Like this bloke:

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1426206891' post='2715780']
And for some musicians only the money is important, which is clearly incompatible with psychedelic rock. Man.

Not sure about the hair requirement, from what I remember of the era 50% of the bassists wore woolly hats.
[/quote]

If you are getting paid to be in a band then IMO it's perfectly reasonable to have to follow your employers dress code.

And wearing a tea-cosy on your head has never been acceptable. Not back in the 70s and certainly not now.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1426232835' post='2715826']
If you are getting paid to be in a band then IMO it's perfectly reasonable to have to follow your employers dress code.

And wearing a tea-cosy on your head has never been acceptable. Not back in the 70s and certainly not now.
[/quote]

Tea cosies as headwear were acceptable if you were in Gong, and I can think of few bands more psychedelic!

[quote name='tonyquipment' timestamp='1425992746' post='2713127']
Do you like.... WEED?
[/quote]

Yes. Yes, I do.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1426232835' post='2715826']
...wearing a tea-cosy on your head has never been acceptable. Not back in the 70s and certainly not now.
[/quote]

Dammit!

For some bands image is important. Some musicians think it's ok to look like a sack of sh*t with a string tied around the middle. Clearly the two are not compatible.
[/quote]

If I were to take possession of a sack of sh*t, I'd make an effort to make the string compatible with it.

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1426206891' post='2715780']

Not sure about the hair requirement, from what I remember of the era 50% of the bassists wore woolly hats. Like this bloke:

[/quote]

I can relate to this picture.....well the long hair and hat anyway except i am older and fatter 😐

I guess I'd respond with;

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]"Not yours. Not now. Not anymore. It suits me. I have my moments. Oh yes"[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]At least they don't want transport!?[/font][/color]

[/quote]

Except when the band's image is a sack of sh*t with string tied around the middle...