Why become a member? ×

Dating a musician.....

ratman

I'm a crap musician but even crapper at relationships with real people.

Maybe my switch to bass from guitars will help, althouth tbh I have suspicions about the accuracy of the article becauseI haven't worn tight trousers since an unfortunate semi-goth stage in the early 90s.

Edited by hairychris

[quote name='HengistPod' timestamp='1423060566' post='2680149']
All makes perfect sense to me.

hairychris - you may want to note the following guide to musicians' love lives:

[/quote]

A friend of mine did a modded version of this with a couple of cats sniffing around the bass player's ankles. :huh:

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1422984545' post='2679165']
Dating a musician?

Cut him in half and count the rings ...
[/quote]

Drastic, just remove clothes and look for the pencil mark signature and date in some obscure locations. Hopefully the dates on various parts will match.

I'm a single, older, aging, gigging rock bass player.

These days, I hate to say it, most women don't [i]"get it"[/i]. I prefer to keep women out of my gigging life.

Back in my day ( 60s & 70s ) there were plenty of chics that understood the whole rock thing or scene. And they were into it. If you were in a band playing an electric guitar you had it made with chics. Well that flew out the window for 3 reasons;[list=1]
[*]There's no more scene
[*]There's no more thing
[*]I'm old
[/list]
Blue

Edited by blue

Sadly, blue, I think you're right (though I can't vouch for you being "old").

Having said that, my missus still has a jealous head that she puts on whenever I mention the word "gig". She seems to think that bass players are some kind of babe magnet and I'll end the evening draped in all sorts of loose womens' lingerie. Would that it were true. :)

I agree (reluctantly) with Blue -'they' just don't get it - I blame I pods & the current social climate,
face it, we're all getting older (some, like me, more than some) & the women I meet think grandkids and Eastenders
are the poodles parts - as I detest both, it's all a bit of a lost cause.
Just bought a new, second hand 'Rocking the Blues' album - yes it is relevant to the above,
just think about it.............

:)

[quote name='ratman' timestamp='1422984463' post='2679162']
I saw this on FB and thought it was worth sharing.
Enjoy.

http://www.independent.com/news/2014/nov/19/dating-musician-i-recommend-bass-players/
[/quote]

My ex-wife sent me this article earlier in the week and it really made me chuckle..

She says it's all true, and she should know, as she's dated 4 bass players in her time - including me. Her present beau is a bassist too...

Loved the Latin species names like 'Ego Maximus' and 'Controli Freakata' for singers and guitarists respectively! :D