Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

Sweet looking bass Sibob!

[quote name='Fisheth' timestamp='1449436598' post='2923569']
What would you be going for out of curiosity?
[/quote]

Not sure yet...but I quite like the look of the Jake 4p Absolution "White" they have in stock so I might base mine around that...we'll see :)

[quote name='Fisheth' timestamp='1449442888' post='2923652']
Si, will you compare it to your Fodera's? (I think it's you that has a couple of those, right?)
[/quote]

I have one Fodera, a Matt Garrison Standard (that is currently for sale). This Jake doesn't really compare to that spec at all apart from the 33" scale.
Effectively that's what I was after though, a bridge between the Fodera and my '71 Precision :)

Si

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1449437453' post='2923587']
Just going to leave this here........

BIT excited!! :D

Si
[/quote]

Nice looker.

Things like pick-up config could be specc'd to order, I assume,

I like things like this because you get the impression that the guy has real pride in his work and makes it accordingly.

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1449437453' post='2923587']
Just going to leave this here........

BIT excited!! :D

Si
[/quote]

Finally!
Fantastic sexy looking bass right there mate, can't wait to hear all about it!

Eude

Thanks guys, yes it's a beauty isn't it.
I wasn't sure about the black pick guard when I ordered it, I had a more vintage white idea in my head (but couldn't find the colour from Adrians examples), but now I know the black was exactly the right choice.
The fingerboard is Rosewood, but I specified as dark as possible. There's bound to be some light in the photo effecting it, but it almost looks ebony, which is perfect!

Adrian has been amazing to deal with, incredibly helpful and patient!

It should hopefully arrive this week, typically just after I have another 6 hour session on my arm tattoo.....so will only get to play it fully next week when I'm healed lol

Si

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1449485689' post='2923843']
Thanks guys, yes it's a beauty isn't it.
I wasn't sure about the black pick guard when I ordered it, I had a more vintage white idea in my head (but couldn't find the colour from Adrians examples), but now I know the black was exactly the right choice.
The fingerboard is Rosewood, but I specified as dark as possible. There's bound to be some light in the photo effecting it, but it almost looks ebony, which is perfect!

Adrian has been amazing to deal with, incredibly helpful and patient!

It should hopefully arrive this week, typically just after I have another 6 hour session on my arm tattoo.....so will only get to play it fully next week when I'm healed lol

Si
[/quote]

Really diggin' that colour. Great choice. Could you specify that the headstock only had the logo too? I think that looks really smart.

[quote name='M@23' timestamp='1449497341' post='2924023']
Really diggin' that colour. Great choice. Could you specify that the headstock only had the logo too? I think that looks really smart.
[/quote]

Yes you can specify that as an option, just the 'M' logo and no text :)
And yes, someone else asked, pickups are fully configurable, placement, size, casing, everything. Quite amazing really.

Si

So mine arrived today in case that wasn't obvious ;).
I can post a photo tomorrow, however the picture above from Adrian can't really be beaten!

After an evening with it at home, my instant thoughts are:

- It's light! (7.3lbs) due to the chambered body (costed extra)
- Beautiful finish, the shoreline gold (costed extra) is lovely, and the matching headstock really sets it off.
- quality bridge, nice and solid.
- Hipshot USA tuners (costed extra).
- It's light.
- the neck was slightly more shallow than I anticipated, which is perfect actually. Really fast and smooth neck.
- frets slightly smaller than anticipated, really nice feel.
- the above two points are largely born from my '71 Precision being my benchmark, which is a bit of a chunk.
- really lovely & dark rosewood fingerboard!
- the Haussel pickups sound great through my Markbass practice amp, but the real test is gigs this weekend, I'm confident!
- did I mention it's light?!
- the 'retro' strap that came with it is stunning, hugely happy with that!
- nice gigbag too, simple but effective.

Overall I'm incredibly happy, a 33" Precision bass is ultimately what I wanted, and I have that and more :).
Can't wait to gig it!

Si