Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

I really like the look of this particular Elwood... although for "Burgundy Mist" it looks a wee bit pink to me. And I'd like it better with a maple fingerboard with pearl blocks... I may well be ordering something similar from Maruszczyk in the next few months (when funds allow) - but their prices are incredible when you look at the specs and quality of the hardware. With the Euro/£ conversion rate being what it is at the moment you can get a bespoke instrument for around the price of a MIM Fender!! :o

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1423410823' post='2684445']
I shall probably buy one of these items so that when someone asks me 'What bass is that?' I shall be able to reply 'It's a frog', opening up all sorts of possibilities for comedic misunderstandings, amphibian puns and whatnot.
[/quote]

Careful! There are lines that need to be toad here... <_<

[quote name='cocco' timestamp='1452081122' post='2946138']
I cant wait for mine to turn up now. I reckon I've got about another month to wait
[/quote]
Adrian told me 'early January' for mine before Christmas, so I'm just trying to contain myself for another week or however long it takes.

Edited by Bass Culture

[quote name='Fisheth' timestamp='1452159425' post='2947012']
Believe me, I am tempted to buy it!
[/quote]

Do it! It's a great bass :D

I've borrowed it from Michael and used it at band practice last night. It plays beautifully and sounds wonderful - really rich but also quite growly. Lots of tonal options due to the pickup combination.. The neck is absolutely fantastic too - so playable that it almost feels like a short scale.

Highly recommended - and it has clarified my thought processes that I need a Maruszczyk Elwood in my life! :gas:

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1452080905' post='2946134']
I really like the look of this particular Elwood... although for "Burgundy Mist" it looks a wee bit pink to me.

[/quote]

If I ordered a bass finished in Burgundy Mist & that turned up I'd be VERY pissed off.

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1452197353' post='2947575']
You are close enough to check it out
[/quote]

I might, if I can sell some stuff.

Got a custom Jake coming soon, heard back from Adrian today, it's getting painted this week and set up next week,
here's hoping I can get it shipped before NAMM, if not it'll be the last week of January, early February it looks like before I get it.

[quote name='Fisheth' timestamp='1452201965' post='2947644']
I might, if I can sell some stuff.

Got a custom Jake coming soon, heard back from Adrian today, it's getting painted this week and set up next week,
here's hoping I can get it shipped before NAMM, if not it'll be the last week of January, early February it looks like before I get it.
[/quote]

Have a word with Michael. He may be good enough to give you a short trial, like he did for me! :)

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1452199246' post='2947605']
If I ordered a bass finished in Burgundy Mist & that turned up I'd be VERY pissed off.
[/quote]

Yeah - even allowing for the colour not photographing well, that's not even close to the Fender Burgundy Mist is it? :blink: Not a bad colour in itself, but not exactly what it says on the tin :D

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1452246309' post='2947928']

Yeah - even allowing for the colour not photographing well, that's not even close to the Fender Burgundy Mist is it? :blink: Not a bad colour in itself, but not exactly what it says on the tin :D
[/quote]

I think it's a nice colour too - Musicman used to do a colour called (I think) Lavender Pearl & it's much closer to that.

Michael out of interest, is the bridge pickup a single coil, or hum bucker? I'm interested in getting a 5 string PJ and have heard excellent stuff about these Maruszczyk's, I had been looking for a 5 string with soap bars or dual hum buckers, PJ seems to suit the sound I'm after more though.

[quote name='JamesBass' timestamp='1452262291' post='2948206']
Michael out of interest, is the bridge pickup a single coil, or hum bucker? I'm interested in getting a 5 string PJ and have heard excellent stuff about these Maruszczyk's, I had been looking for a 5 string with soap bars or dual hum buckers, PJ seems to suit the sound I'm after more though.
[/quote]

On my 'burst, it's a stacked humbucker. On the Oly, it's a switchable dual / single coil. In dual coil mode, it's fantastically poky...

[quote name='Bass Culture' timestamp='1452264880' post='2948247']
Oooh, just had an email from Adrian saying my Jake will be sent out next week. Just got to pay him now! :)
[/quote]Exciting times!!! I'm looking forward to receiving that email in about 10 weeks :)