Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

[quote name='cocco' timestamp='1450255524' post='2930895']
Mar-oo-chich. I wondered this too.
[/quote]

Thanks for that I would have taken a guess at Mar-oo-Sk (as in the first part of Sky)

[quote name='Fisheth' timestamp='1450257474' post='2930917']
Thanks!
[/quote]

I saw a pic of your Elwood somewhere earlier, is it in this thread? at least I think it was yours... can't seem to find it :s the red one? looked lovely :)

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1450257637' post='2930919']
Thanks for that I would have taken a guess at Mar-oo-Sk (as in the first part of Sky)

I saw a pic of your Elwood somewhere earlier, is it in this thread? at least I think it was yours... can't seem to find it :s the red one? looked lovely :)
[/quote]

Not mine! Not got mine yet, I\ll have mine by the end of January I hope!

I'm starting to wish I'd bought an off the peg one now. The wait is killing me and i still have atleast 8 weeks to go :(

Still it will be worth it in the end. Having it custom spec'd and being different to any of the others (as far as I know mine is the only one with one of the features I have asked for, to date) will make it a little more special.

*edited for poor grammar*

Edited by cocco

Yeah I've got 5/6 weeks left.

Doesn't get any easier...

There's an off the shelf one I'm saving for right now though, assuming it doesn't go after my birthday (In a couple of weeks) and I'll grab it. Depends on if it's still there, I could do it as a custom with a couple of different features, so I might send an email later, but ten weeks is a wait for someone who's an impatient git like myself!

[quote name='Fisheth' timestamp='1450351280' post='2931867']
That's a long wait. I'd probably implode whilst waiting for it!
[/quote]

I've been through it once before so I'm kinda of seasoned to it now... Unfortuately there is a waiting list and that's how long it takes to get one, so if you want one thats the deal... :blink:

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1450345339' post='2931784']
:blink: really?
[/quote]

Yep - my own fault. I thought a maple board would be nice alternative, but it turns out I'm dyed-in-the-wool rosewood. Adrian won't send me a neck 'cos they're carefully matched to the bodies, so... here I am.

As soon as it sells, my order is going in for another.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1450355716' post='2931943']
Yep - my own fault. I thought a maple board would be nice alternative, but it turns out I'm dyed-in-the-wool rosewood. Adrian won't send me a neck 'cos they're carefully matched to the bodies, so... here I am.

[/quote]

Ah, I see.
I'm the opposite, I prefer maple and slowly I've been removing all rosewood from my collection. Except guitars, I now only own three and all rosewood.

I'm going to install an MMSR preamp in my red one, and I think that's going to be me for some time. That list of basses below is going to be reduced drastically in the next few months.

[/quote]

I know how you feel, I've flirted with Maple a few times, but it always comes back to Rosewood or similar species, I do like ebony too.

Si

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1450355716' post='2931943']I thought a maple board would be nice alternative ...[/quote]

WoT, like seemingly everyone on BC I'm contemplating buying one of these. I'm curious that the maple board makes such a big difference. Is it just the maple board or the whole neck profile on this one that you don't like? I'm flipping between maple and rosewood so any light you can shed on the difference in sound/playability between maple and rw on the Maruszczyk would be helpful. Cheers, Ian

Edited by ikay

[quote name='ikay' timestamp='1450357371' post='2931966']
WoT, like seemingly everyone on BC I'm contemplating buying one of these. I'm curious that the maple board makes such a big difference. Is it just the maple board or the whole neck profile on this one that you don't like? I'm flipping between maple and rosewood so any light you can shed on the difference in sound/playability between maple and rw on the Maruszczyk would be helpful. Cheers, Ian
[/quote]

The neck profile is 'normal', which is narrower and shallower than I'm used to (my 71's and other Jake are chunky). I've got used to that straight away, though.

It's purely just that when I look down, there's maple where I'm used to seeing a nice dark 'board. I'd rather see rosewood, that's all.

It's a bit growlier than my other Jake, which could be down to different pickups, maple board, or none of the above. :-)

[/quote]

Thats a shame. It certainly is a looker.

[/quote]

My leanings are in the opposite direction. I just really like the slightly "cooler" feel of maple fingerboards.

Having just sold two basses, I should be in the position to be able to buy yours WoT - but sadly the funds are needed elsewhere... :(