Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1450358249' post='2931981']
The neck profile is 'normal', which is narrower and shallower than I'm used to (my 71's and other Jake are chunky). I've got used to that straight away, though.

It's purely just that when I look down, there's maple where I'm used to seeing a nice dark 'board. I'd rather see rosewood, that's all.

It's a bit growlier than my other Jake, which could be down to different pickups, maple board, or none of the above. :-)
[/quote]

Really wish I could justify this... I'll put a guitar up for sale on MMNE and see if it sells, then I'd be able to afford it, seems like a good alternative to the custom I'm going for,

So Adrian sent me [i]the [/i]picture earlier today, and I'm too excited to not share...

[attachment=207599:72e05274-c216-4242-8b65-da9c69aac556.jpg]

It's a 60's style, 32" scale Elwood Jazz, with a Gibson-esque neck profile, in translucent sea foam green. Has Delano JC4HE pups.

Hope it's as nice to play as it is to look at!

Trying very hard not to get involved, but if my upcoming audition next month (with a band that plays both country AND western) is successful, I'm going to have to think seriously about this bass, which will complement my fringed jacket and rhinestones just perfectly...

Edited by discreet

[quote name='Sumbabba' timestamp='1450548269' post='2933843']
Anyone in London got a Jake I can try out? I was looking for a vintage P-bass, then thought about getting another Sandberg but now I'm tending towards one of these puppies....
[/quote]

I don't live near London sadly, but I'm sure someone in here or on a local Bass Players mart would have one for you to try! :)

Edited by Fisheth

Wanted a PJ for a new project and as an alternative to my Bob Glaub been watching the thread with interest and based on the comments about people's experience and quality of the instruments decided to order a jake from stock.

Buying experience was excellent bass arrived 3 days after ordering it

First impressions really light, excellent finish quality hardware , haussel pick ups are really hot , neck slimmer and shallower than I would normally choose but found it really easy to get used to

Used at rehearsal last night sounded great in a full band setting, normally use flats but have left the rounds on and am liking the contrast.

Sorry about the poor quality pictures but you get the idea

[quote name='peety' timestamp='1450809946' post='2936116']
Wanted a PJ for a new project and as an alternative to my Bob Glaub been watching the thread with interest and based on the comments about people's experience and quality of the instruments decided to order a jake from stock.

First impressions really light, excellent finish quality hardware , haussel pick ups are really hot , neck slimmer and shallower than I would normally choose but found it really easy to get used to

Used at rehearsal last night sounded great in a full band setting, normally use flats but have left the rounds on and am liking the contrast.

[/quote]

So you're the person who bought that one! Was looking at it and it went sadly, looks lovely!

[quote name='peety' timestamp='1450809946' post='2936116']

[/quote]

Congrats mate. I agonised over that one for a good few days.

So, I've been messing around with some of the images on the website and I think I might have settled on a design. It would be: maple over alder Elwood L body, satin finish; ebony, lined fretless, 33" scale, 41mm nut width; drop D tuner; Bassculture humbucker with passive circuit (vol, tone, series/parallel/single coil); fitted with flatwounds. Now I just have to convince the Mrs and compose the email to Adrian. :wacko:

[URL=http://s308.photobucket.com/user/ezbass/media/Screen%20Shot%202015-12-23%20at%2009.53.21_zpsfd8fit49.jpg.html][IMG]http://i308.photobucket.com/albums/kk344/ezbass/Screen%20Shot%202015-12-23%20at%2009.53.21_zpsfd8fit49.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote name='such' timestamp='1450882291' post='2936676']
that would be spectacular
[/quote]Thanks, I think it should work. I've sent the email, so just a matter of waiting for a reply (I'm guessing in the New Year). I'm actually a bit nervous.

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1451117883' post='2938325']
I received a reply from Adrian on Wednesday, just need to iron out a few details, but it looks like I'll be joining the club (at least in terms of tenterhooks) shortly.
[/quote]

Another one joins our legion!

If I emailed Adrian, do you think I could get some pictures of the bass as it is now?

Only cause I'm an impatient sod and want to know where it is in the pipeline :D

Edited by Fisheth

Sent him an email to see if I could get it shipped out with Flats and if there was a potential date yet. Still no reply back, admittedly it is new year, but as I got no reply with my other emails I'm guessing either my email is suspect or he's taken some time off.

See what happens.

[quote name='Fisheth' timestamp='1451362843' post='2939867']
Sent him an email to see if I could get it shipped out with Flats and if there was a potential date yet. Still no reply back, admittedly it is new year, but as I got no reply with my other emails I'm guessing either my email is suspect or he's taken some time off.
[/quote]

He'll report you for stalking him if you're not careful... :lol: