Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

[quote name='M@23' timestamp='1447552247' post='2908537']
It should be 8lbs 13, I believe. My baby was just born bang on 4kg a few weeks ago! Haha. They measure metric, but also state imperial, as people still want to know lbs and ounces when weighing babies, and basses too it seems.
Anyway, a couple more longish gigs this weekend and my shoulder is painful after recent neck and back problems. It might be time to start thinking about an Elwood L5 little more seriously...
[/quote]

I haven't even got mine yet and I'm contemplating another one...

[quote name='Fisheth' timestamp='1447555019' post='2908541']

I haven't even got mine yet and I'm contemplating another one...
[/quote]

Just been and checked the Facebook page and there is a natural finish Elwood L 5 string that went to Barcelona. It weighed 3.55kg and looks stunning. Crikey, that's my 30th birthday gift sorted, I think.

I blame you lot! Been reading this thread for a couple of weeks and have today succumbed and put down a deposit on a 32" scale Jake 4p + in a natural finish and no pickguard. Control cavity round the back so it should look something like this:
[URL=http://s120.photobucket.com/user/Myrtle2014/media/_MG_6145_zpsbf5qtlv7.jpg.html][IMG]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o168/Myrtle2014/_MG_6145_zpsbf5qtlv7.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Except it's going to have a 38mm nut and 17mm string spacing so have had to go with monorail bridge units. You are naughty, bad people, all of you!

[quote name='steve-soar' timestamp='1447702391' post='2909672']
HEY, Mr CULTURE, CAN I COME ROUND AND TRY IT OUT?
[/quote]
Absolutely you can, Steve. Good to hear from too, my friend. Adrian estimates a 10 week build so I guess I'm looking towards the end of January. If I haven't contacted you beforehand just shoot me a PM.
Pip pip!
Mark

[quote name='Bass Culture' timestamp='1447701852' post='2909662']
I blame you lot! Been reading this thread for a couple of weeks and have today succumbed and put down a deposit on a 32" scale Jake 4p + in a natural finish and no pickguard. Control cavity round the back so it should look something like this:
[url="http://s120.photobucket.com/user/Myrtle2014/media/_MG_6145_zpsbf5qtlv7.jpg.html"][/url]

Except it's going to have a 38mm nut and 17mm string spacing so have had to go with monorail bridge units. You are naughty, bad people, all of you!
[/quote]

Might do this on my next one to be honest...

Looks lovely.

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1447776114' post='2910261']
So today is the 'deadline' for my 10 week wait :)
Hopefully i'll be receiving the finished email soon, maybe sometime this week, excited :)

Si
[/quote]

Lovely.

Almost got through the first week, the first two will be the hardest, right?

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1447776114' post='2910261']
So today is the 'deadline' for my 10 week wait :)
Hopefully i'll be receiving the finished email soon, maybe sometime this week, excited :)

Si
[/quote]

Just got an update from Fedex to say that mine has been delivered to my home today!!!
The wait is finally over Si

Any sign of yours yet?

[quote name='mal2404' timestamp='1447857666' post='2910983']
Just got an update from Fedex to say that mine has been delivered to my home today!!!
The wait is finally over Si

Any sign of yours yet?
[/quote]

No, i haven't had the email to say it's finished yet :(
Possibly taken a little longer because I requested 33" scale, which isn't standard for them, and also a chambered body.

Si

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1447858293' post='2910993']
No, i haven't had the email to say it's finished yet :(
Possibly taken a little longer because I requested 33" scale, which isn't standard for them, and also a chambered body.

Si
[/quote]

Hold in there mate, has to be really soon now!
I got an email from Adrian last Friday to say it was ready.
Final payment later and it was shipped on Sunday and arrived in Dublin today :)
Happy out to say they lease - reports to come!!

[quote name='mal2404' timestamp='1447862337' post='2911042']
[/quote]

Looking forward to seeing yours! :)

Si

[quote name='mal2404' timestamp='1447862337' post='2911042']
[/quote]

Pics? :D

[quote name='Bass Culture' timestamp='1447701852' post='2909662']
[URL=http://s120.photobucket.com/user/Myrtle2014/media/_MG_6145_zpsbf5qtlv7.jpg.html][IMG]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o168/Myrtle2014/_MG_6145_zpsbf5qtlv7.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[/quote]

Real nice. Would love one like this as well

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1447938578' post='2911612']
I [i]may[/i] be doing a bit of Maruszczyk-shaped trugger-pulling in the next couple of days. We'll see...
[/quote]

Now, now. You know the rules. We need details!

I'm having to work very hard to not email Adrian to spec out a fairly straight forward active Jake, with a bridge humbucker in addition to the split coil (it's either this, or a Sandberg VM4, which I think would be quite a lot more expensive.).

I've wondered for quite a while now about the differences between PUP brands; as far as I can tell from the website I can choose Maruszczyk own-brand, Delano or Haeussel. My J-bass has Haeussels and they are very smooth, which is not what I want for this (though, that might be more of a function of their single coil-ness).

Anybody able to comment on any differences between the Maruszczyk own-brand and the Delanos? Who got what, and why? It's hard to AB them between different youtube videos (and potentially different rigs), but my current feeling is that the Delanos have slightly more wallop...?