Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

[quote name='Romeo2' timestamp='1445899042' post='2895288']
Fisheth - email Adrian and ask, you'll be placing an order in no time, he is super cool in his comms and to the point. (He is not a native speaker of English so don't expect longwinded elaborate responses, that is.)
[/quote]

Brilliant, all I'm really wanting is one similar to one of the website, but with the dimensions of my Steve Harris P-Bass and just the SPB4. If that can be done I'll be in heaven. I love the bass I'm using, but it's rediculously heavy and want a similar sound without the weight.

What would I need to measure to send him the dimensions of the bass neck?

Quite fancy the idea of having Ruin written on the 12th fret. Any idea on how much that would cost to do?

Edited by Fisheth

[url="http://public-peace.de/index.php/bass-guitars/maruszczyk/sputnik/5-string/1462-sputnik-5a-maple-burl150126"]http://public-peace....aple-burl150126[/url]

Hi Guys, can have a look for all details on this. Regarding this bass (and Adrian's bass in general) its probably the only Brand that left me speechless overall. I was playing them(i got an Absolution 4 + a Frog 5) thinking "wow that sounds good.... and really.... like REALLY ... only £1000 or so?????.... probably one of the best fret job i have seen in my long "bass slutting" (understatement lol) career. That bass is so nice and easy to play and in some way due to Rosewood board still gives a very classic sound. The balance is absolutely perfect and weight is just as it should be. I won't lie and I can say now my Fodera Imperial elite gets much less playing than those polish things... as amazing as it is 850 grams extra makes a whole lot of difference on shoulders and back.

Regarding Adrian , very nice ****** free guy. He's not native speaker as mentioned above so his answers are very "yes" "no" "ok" "thanks" kind of style... but I find it nice when you compare to the huge amount of people choosing to drown you under crap.

cheers

Edited by pierreganseman

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1445934400' post='2895432']
Very nice!
Really interested to know how this directly compares to your Fodera?!

Si
[/quote]

Hi Simon , its hard to say and only my opinion (although taking into account my bass slutting career, in general i am right). 1st of let me start with saying that both basses are really stupid good in their own way. The Sputnik has a more "traditional" tone. The Fodera has a more "high end" kind of a sound. The Pope pre amp with Dual coil , coupled with maple fingerboard and alder body. That bass is really close to Richard Bona ... only problem is the weight. The Sputnik in single coil does REALLY well the jazz bass thing. I'm ready to bet not many people would noticed its a single cut bla bla if you would record it. The Fodera in single coil sounds cool but still sounds like a Fodera.

If you compare build quality I think the Fodera is still ahead (and dare I say Far ahead?.. sorry people...) if you compare them they are 100000% in the same range sound and playability wise (that's when Adrian's genius comes in...) but pure building wise even if the Sputnik is a GREAT bass it feels rough compared to my Imperial. On the other hand one is worth about 12 000 euros and the other one 3000. I am a firm believer that you get what you pay for.... there's NO way around it.

Its always very hard to compare things as one person's "amazing tone" will be my "****** DUDE this is ******" or vice versa but i hope this all makes sense...

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1447508675' post='2908166']
That's why I'm thinking about it!

I'm wondering if rosewood is lighter than maple, or whether block inlays weigh less that the wood they carve out to fit them!

And if a jazz neck shape, being slimmer, would save a few ounces!
[/quote]

To be fair, I asked for a weight of around 8.5lbs. So if you specify 7lbs, it'll probably come out at around 5.5lbs :-D

[quote name='dodge_bass' timestamp='1447512317' post='2908206']
I'm just about ready to receive mine I think - it's about 10 weeks for the build....and it's been just over ten weeks....so hopefully I may have some nice pics and a review to post soon. I've gone for a 5 string Jake PJ. Whoop :)
[/quote]

Looks like there's a few of us in the Toon that's getting a few of these made.
Pretty cool stuff.

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1447508695' post='2908169']

8.5 lb
[/quote]

It should be 8lbs 13, I believe. My baby was just born bang on 4kg a few weeks ago! Haha. They measure metric, but also state imperial, as people still want to know lbs and ounces when weighing babies, and basses too it seems.
Anyway, a couple more longish gigs this weekend and my shoulder is painful after recent neck and back problems. It might be time to start thinking about an Elwood L5 little more seriously...