Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

Hehe,
How i understand you.. I placed an order in beginning february, and have to control de GAS until April.. but its difficult :P

I have already played with an elwood and it was so nice on confort and playability, that i went for a Maruszczyk bass, based on all the quality vs price payed.

;)

Right mine has been ordered, could not resist when I saw this:

http://www.public-peace.de/index.php/bass-guitars/maruszczyk/elwood/5-string/1409-elwood-l-5a-mapl.e-burl-custom140302

It should be here next week! Very excited, yet again I am a sucker for Polish basses!

Help me decide guys.
I already have a fiesta red Jake which has a demarzio DP122 PICKUP and flat wound strings that sounds very heavy.
I need a modern bright sound to complement the Jake.
Which of the following would you choose...

http://www.public-peace.de/index.php/bass-guitars/maruszczyk/frog/4-string/270-frog-beta-4a-graphite-black130349

http://www.public-peace.de/index.php/bass-guitars/maruszczyk/elwood/4-string/313-elwood-4a-fiesta-red120260

http://www.public-peace.de/index.php/bass-guitars/maruszczyk/jazzus/jaz-4str/288-jazzus-4a-pelham-blue130067

Thanks for the help.

I'd go for the Elwood. Like the idea of having team both in fiesta red. The Glockenklang 2-Band EQ is amazing. Had it in my custom Jake 5 for a couple of days to test. Crystall clear tone. And I guess it really makes sense on a Jazz Bass!

[quote name='Meypelnek' timestamp='1426703995' post='2721098']
I'd go for the Elwood. Like the idea of having team both in fiesta red. The Glockenklang 2-Band EQ is amazing. Had it in my custom Jake 5 for a couple of days to test. Crystall clear tone. And I guess it really makes sense on a Jazz Bass!
[/quote]

I'm thinking the same.
An Elwood with the same finish would be awesome.

Ah, decisions decisions...
Emailing with Adrian right now... Hard times for an impatient man: I can order something they have in stock and have it next week? or order something only slightly different that would be a *bit* more to my liking, and wait for a while (and pay a chunk more)... Hmmm.
The difference is just the neck profile... a 4 string with a 40mm width at the nut and 21mm deep at 1st fret is certainly comfy and noticeably wider than a typical Jazz. But I'd rather have a 42-43mm wide one and slightly deeper too, maybe 23mm? If in addition I could get a glossy slightly tinted lacquered neck then it would be *perfect*. But... ah, what to do, what to do!? :unsure: ;)

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1426720105' post='2721349']
Ah, decisions decisions...
Emailing with Adrian right now... Hard times for an impatient man: I can order something they have in stock and have it next week? or order something only slightly different that would be a *bit* more to my liking, and wait for a while (and pay a chunk more)... Hmmm.
The difference is just the neck profile... a 4 string with a 40mm width at the nut and 21mm deep at 1st fret is certainly comfy and noticeably wider than a typical Jazz. But I'd rather have a 42-43mm wide one and slightly deeper too, maybe 23mm? If in addition I could get a glossy slightly tinted lacquered neck then it would be *perfect*. But... ah, what to do, what to do!? :unsure: ;)
[/quote]

I feel your pain.

I placed my order two days ago, and I'm still mailing Adrian to chat about changes.

The poor bugger.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1426720561' post='2721352']
I feel your pain.

I placed my order two days ago, and I'm still mailing Adrian to chat about changes.

The poor bugger.
[/quote]

I made my mind up.

I think.

I'm placing an order fresh :)

10 long weeks! uf... :P

[quote name='Markolinni' timestamp='1426782251' post='2721907']
hehe. Congratulations ;)
10 weeks will pass fast (or maybe not..) The first 2 will be the most difficult. I'm passing through the 6 week. hehe.
I'm happy.. appear 1 photo on FB of a piece of my future bass :P Got even more ansious hehehe
[/quote]

Deposit paid... the wait begins.

[quote name='Mike2tone' timestamp='1426884219' post='2723215']
What did you go for Mcnach?
[/quote]

aaaaah, it's a secret! :happy:

A Jake P/JJ with very slight differences from the one in stock I was looking at, but they are differences that will make me like it that much more.

I'll post pictures in about 11 weeks ;)

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1426885681' post='2723232']
...and has it arrived yet? Mine hasn't, and I ordered it three days ago.

*drums fingers*
[/quote]

:lol:

no, not yet, and I've been at home all day, running to the window everytime I heard a van parking on my street :P

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1426898063' post='2723353']

aaaaah, it's a secret! :happy:

A Jake P/JJ with very slight differences from the one in stock I was looking at, but they are differences that will make me like it that much more.

I'll post pictures in about 11 weeks ;)
[/quote]

Niceee! Can't wait for mine and then I'll order a 4 strings Jake.

[quote name='spyder' timestamp='1426866710' post='2722932']
Good to see you guys ordering new basses.
I've just placed my order for the fiesta red Elwood to go with my Jake.
It's in stock and will be with me in around a week.
[/quote]

The Elwood turned up a few hours ago. Had a quick play and I'm a very happy bass man.
Will put up pics later.