Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

[quote name='NancyJohnson' timestamp='1427623009' post='2732320']
I've just revisited this thread.

Interesting observation on the [i]guerilla marketing[/i] front is that the OP has pretty much disappeared...his last post to BC was mid-February. Job done on his part, eh? Heh.
[/quote]

Yup:

http://www.public-peace.de/index.php/news-archive/1355-ulas-engin-our-first-dealer-in-turkey

Job done, indeed :-)

[quote name='spyder' timestamp='1427719899' post='2733379']
My two.... a Jake and an Elwood in fiesta red.
Enjoy.

[attachment=187873:DSCF0530.JPG]

[attachment=187874:DSCF0531.JPG]
[/quote]

Yum!

From what I can make out, the P pups on Jakes are a shade further from the bridge than what Leo settled on. In your opinion, does that change anything tonally? Or is it still classic 'P'?

Well mine arrived yesterday and I cannot put it down. Well balanced and a very comfortable neck (More comfortable then my Jabba Custom). The preamp is very clean (does not get muddy) and very precise, not too bright but definitely modern. The humbucker almost acts as a ramp which takes a bit to get used to it, but sound wise it is a Music Man style and it nails it. The Series/SC/Parallel switch produces some interesting sounds. I'm yet to get used to it but found some sweet spots on active an passive mode which got me very impressed. I play anything form Latin to Reggae and Fusion (badly!!) and so far all bases covered. Very happy man.

• 4 weeks later...

hehehe, how i understand you ;)

Well, for me exist good news. After almost 3 months, mine arrives tuesday ;) Unfortunatly, with musikmesse, it took 1 week more.
But.. by the picture Adrian sent me, i'm very happy with the final result.. now lets hope it will sound has good as it looks :D

@Mike2tone: What strap do you have on that picture? It looks good. I'm thinking of buying a new one.

Edited by Markolinni

[quote name='Markolinni' timestamp='1430080939' post='2757863']
hehehe, how i understand you ;)

Well, for me exist good news. After almost 3 months, mine arrives tuesday ;) Unfortunatly, with musikmesse, it took 1 week more.
But.. by the picture Adrian sent me, i'm very happy with the final result.. now lets hope it will sound has good as it looks :D

@Mike2tone: What strap do you have on that picture? It looks good. I'm thinking of buying a new one.
[/quote]

It is this one:
http://www.public-peace.de/index.php/accessories/straps/maruszczyk-instruments/1043-pes40-retro

Probably one of the most comfortable straps I have used. Worth the money and very good quality.

Excuse the probably dumb question but is the Mensinger Cazpar also made by Adrian Maruszczyk or is that something entirely different? Also, there doesn't seem to be any indication of scale length against any of the Maruszczyk basses listed on Public Peace (or any others for that matter). Are they all 34" as standard or are any of them shorter scale (like the Cazpar)?

Mensinger is another brand made in the same factory. It's had different owners throughout the year (I've had a couple of their basses in the past, branded Mensfeld and MEG), now they seem to make Mensinger and Maruszczyk. I don't know what Adrian's part in Mensinger is, if any (he does sell them in Public Peace though).

• 2 weeks later...

these look so nice, does anyone know what the string spacing is for the 5er's? I've seen 19mm as a special, if they can do 17.5-18mm then I think that they might beat limelight for my next bass, 5 sting Jake, sonic blue with matching headstock and a rosewood board. probably just a p-pup and passive. not made my mind up on the scratchplate, mint or torty?

att

[quote name='Matt P' timestamp='1431516639' post='2772068']
these look so nice, does anyone know what the string spacing is for the 5er's? I've seen 19mm as a special, if they can do 17.5-18mm then I think that they might beat limelight for my next bass, 5 sting Jake, sonic blue with matching headstock and a rosewood board. probably just a p-pup and passive. not made my mind up on the scratchplate, mint or torty?

att
[/quote]

I'm guessing you can specify the spacing. I was able to specify just about every detail of my incoming Jake.

You can especify what string spacing you want. normally is 17 / 18 / 19mm in mass bridge.
If you go for mono rail, i guess the minimum is 16mm up to what you want ;)

You can especify everything you wan't. from woods, type of construction, neck woods and dimensions/specifications, inlays, hardware, to the simple colour screw. You imaginations and your wallet wil be the limit ;)

For example, my frog is all costumized by me, to the electronic, woods, neck dimensions and specicifications, strins spacing, inlays, and even the desirable total weight ;)

[quote name='Matt P' timestamp='1431516639' post='2772068']

att
[/quote]

hmm.. mint with mother or pearl ou colour match mint block inlays?