Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

[quote name='cocco' timestamp='1454957009' post='2974624']
So 10 weeks after my order was placed is officially tomorrow!!!!
[/quote]Now the, "When, when, when?" thoughts really ramp up. I'm just 5 weeks in and I'm trying to remain calm, but I did start ogling my photo mock up yesterday. :wub:

[quote name='Fisheth' timestamp='1454247111' post='2967793']
I need to stop checking my emails every couple of minutes! :lol:

And reading this thread too :lol:
[/quote]Any word?

[quote name='spyder' timestamp='1454946302' post='2974476']
Thought I would write a little piece on Maruszczyk amps.

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWS0Y3sPg2U"]https://www.youtube....h?v=rWS0Y3sPg2U[/url]

The link shows a quick video of the features of this two channel amp in its combo form but you will get the idea of the features.

I've been using Adrian's basses for a few years now and haven't really found an amp that I like. They are either to dirty and rough or detailed and sterile.
Having recently sold my Tone hammer 350 after using a Taurus amp I thought I would give the Bass Tank a try. Even though it has two channels I will only use the Electric input as I don't play acoustic bass... yet.

Currently I'm using it with a sh*tty Maplin speaker for home rehearsals and whatever the studio / rehearsal room has when I'm out of the house.

[attachment=211849:DSCF0828.JPG]

[attachment=211850:DSCF0829.JPG]

[attachment=211851:DSCF0832.JPG]

It's an amazing amp with very flexible EQ ( I don't really use much ) and has a warm but detailed sound that I'm really liking. Adrian does not give any specs on his web site for the EQ points. At first this worried me but I soon just dialed in what I found pleasing to the ear and it was really that simple. I stopped worrying whether I needed a 200 hz cut or boost or will the 1khz range be to cutting. I just twiddled with my knobs ( oh ). They are very subtle and musical sounding.

Can't even tell you if its class B or a Class D amp or whether it has a linear or switch mode power supply.

Can tell you its 7kg and 400 watts into 4ohms..... :)

Now I would love to get my hands on one of his speaker cabs.
[/quote]

[i][b]Excellent[/b][/i] review - many thanks!

[quote name='spyder' timestamp='1454946302' post='2974476']
Thought I would write a little piece on Maruszczyk amps.

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWS0Y3sPg2U"]https://www.youtube....h?v=rWS0Y3sPg2U[/url]

The link shows a quick video of the features of this two channel amp in its combo form but you will get the idea of the features.

I've been using Adrian's basses for a few years now and haven't really found an amp that I like. They are either to dirty and rough or detailed and sterile.
Having recently sold my Tone hammer 350 after using a Taurus amp I thought I would give the Bass Tank a try. Even though it has two channels I will only use the Electric input as I don't play acoustic bass... yet.

Currently I'm using it with a sh*tty Maplin speaker for home rehearsals and whatever the studio / rehearsal room has when I'm out of the house.

[attachment=211849:DSCF0828.JPG]

[attachment=211850:DSCF0829.JPG]

[attachment=211851:DSCF0832.JPG]

It's an amazing amp with very flexible EQ ( I don't really use much ) and has a warm but detailed sound that I'm really liking. Adrian does not give any specs on his web site for the EQ points. At first this worried me but I soon just dialed in what I found pleasing to the ear and it was really that simple. I stopped worrying whether I needed a 200 hz cut or boost or will the 1khz range be to cutting. I just twiddled with my knobs ( oh ). They are very subtle and musical sounding.

Can't even tell you if its class B or a Class D amp or whether it has a linear or switch mode power supply.

Can tell you its 7kg and 400 watts into 4ohms..... :)

Now I would love to get my hands on one of his speaker cabs.
[/quote]

Yeah - really like the look of these.

Around ten years ago I had a custom bass made by Sandberg for around the same price of a Maruszczyk today. Sandberg then expanded and their prices are now over double for the same custom bass.
I'm hoping Adrian does not get to popular and goes the same way as so many small bass companies. They expand, move to bigger factories, employ more people and prices go through the roof.
Keep it real Adrian and you will have a loyal fan bass. :)

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1455033459' post='2975233']
Now the, "When, when, when?" thoughts really ramp up. I'm just 5 weeks in and I'm trying to remain calm, but I did start ogling my photo mock up yesterday. :wub:

Any word?
[/quote]

Yup! I am chomping at the bit. from what I hear its not uncommon for it to be another 2 or 3 weeks atleast. Mine has a reversed headstock aswell so I'm not sure if that would make it take longer as I can't see that they've made a reversed headstock before.

[quote name='spyder' timestamp='1455104913' post='2975858']
Around ten years ago I had a custom bass made by Sandberg for around the same price of a Maruszczyk today. Sandberg then expanded and their prices are now over double for the same custom bass.
I'm hoping Adrian does not get to popular and goes the same way as so many small bass companies. They expand, move to bigger factories, employ more people and prices go through the roof.
Keep it real Adrian and you will have a loyal fan bass. :)
[/quote]

As long as they don't rise until after I sell my Oly Jake and get my new order in..!

[quote name='spyder' timestamp='1455104913' post='2975858']
[/quote]

My experience is not quite the same as this. Last year I bought a Sandberg VM5, which was custom ordered to my exact spec from Bass Direct. It cost £1300. Right now I have an Elwood 5 on order, again custom spec. Cost is £1170. So, a bit cheaper, but not half the price of a Sandberg.

Nor am I sure that Sandberg have moved premises or expanded their staff since they became popular - AFAIK they still employ only about 20 staff and operate out of the same workshop in northern Germany. Also bear in mind that they have to pay German wages to their staff, whereas Maruszczyks are made in Poland, where labour costs are a bit lower (but getting higher these days, too, and quite right too, as their craftsmanship certainly deserves it!). OK, Sandberg now also have the 'Electra' range, which is made somewhere in the far East, but I'd still say that they are 'keeping it real', if by that you mean that they are offering outstanding choice, value and quality for the prices that they charge. I think we are just lucky to have two such great bass builders to choose from!

[quote name='GrammeFriday' timestamp='1455106990' post='2975910']
I think we are just lucky to have two such great bass builders to choose from!
[/quote]

Very well said. This might be slightly off topic, but, how does the Maruszczyk compare to your Sandberg in terms of build quality? I have a VM5 Supreme which I love. Going to order myself an Elwood 5L as a 30th birthday present. I don't doubt that it will be as good as the Sandberg, but thought I'd ask! Thanks.

[quote name='GrammeFriday' timestamp='1455106990' post='2975910']
I think we are just lucky to have two such great bass builders to choose from!
[/quote]

Absolutely... It's great to have viable, competitively priced European alternatives to Fender for traditionally styled workhorse instruments.

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='keefbaker' timestamp='1455114316' post='2976031']
So anyway I'm now destined for the next few months of checking this thread, checking my mail for updates and howling like a sad dog at the door until my custom Jake arrives.
[/quote]

What spec have you gone for mate?

[quote name='keefbaker' timestamp='1455115471' post='2976052']
black everything 5 string with an ebony fingerboard, 3 Delano pickups on it, a MM/J, a P and a soapbar for the neck. All pickups have individual volumes so totally blendable, 2 band active EQ on a stackable pot. I want it to be stupidly versatile.
[/quote]

mine is a 4 string jake, black everything with P/Jazzbucker passive. Mine has a reversed head stock. Im excited to see yours!

I have a hankering for one of these but I am really put off by the "JAKE" logo on them I know that is shallow but I just cant get my head around it it just seems so crap and tacky it would be OK if your name was Jake I guess :) I think if it wasn't for that I would seriously be thinking of pulling the trigger on one :) infact I may email and ask if I can have one without that logo.

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1455123929' post='2976195']
I have a hankering for one of these but I am really put off by the "JAKE" logo on them I know that is shallow but I just cant get my head around it it just seems so crap and tacky it would be OK if your name was Jake I guess :) I think if it wasn't for that I would seriously be thinking of pulling the trigger on one :) infact I may email and ask if I can have one without that logo.
[/quote]

You can ask for that, think someone on here has already