Why become a member? ×

Mmm Hohner jack

kevvo66

I really am craving one of these ,I remember playing one maybe 20yrs ago ,something triggered me off wanting one again ! Now I seem to remember liking it,or is one of them situations when you only recall the good times and not bad ,mmm

Edited by kevvo66

If only you'd posted that a month ago you could have bought mine! They sound great really powerful pickups and preamp and load of tonal options. I just couldn't get on with how narrow the neck was and the lack of head confusing me with what fret I was on (that may be me being thick though).

You can pick them up for pretty decent prices (under £200) and it would trounce a lot of other basses in that price band.

I did my first gig with a Jack. Sold it on and a few years later bought it back. The lack of a head plush he altered hanging position on a strap does throw me out a bit and as a singing bass player really need to know where I'm going without looking. Having said that, we're not parting company again, that's for sure!

[quote name='geoffbyrne' timestamp='1419105048' post='2636692']
Remember - a Hohner 'B' bass is a Jack with a head - otherwise the same.

G.
[/quote]

.... and a B2A is a Jack but minus most of the body. They all share the same core, I think.

You ought to get hold of one fairly easily. They turnup on here/Gumtree/fleabay etc reasonably often. There's a humbucker one on flea Bay at the moment with a bin of £299. Mine sold recently for £170 so it feels a little steep but mine was the jazz version the ebay one looks in better condition.

Edited by sbrag