Why become a member? ×

London Bass Guitar Show - 7 & 8 March 2015

bassguitarshow

They must be. Its a bit unfair these slow announcements. I've bought my Saturday ticket but would rather see Stu Hamm who has just appeared for the Sunday. Poo.
[quote name='BassAgent' timestamp='1421623256' post='2663468']
And with Stu Hamm they've added another more or less extravagant player ;)
[/quote]
I was thinking the same thing. Why are there no guys from contemporary bands? I'd be really interested to hear from the likes of Chris Batten (Enter Shikari) to hear how he holds down that low end in a band that jumps between hardcore and EDM. Or Billy Gould from Faith No More y'know?

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1421589755' post='2662947']

BGM run LBGS - because they run some live news stuff they will often pre-promote on the magazine news pages ahead of the show site.

Gets them additional site traffic and good for SEO if they release lots of current news articles :)
[/quote]

It's a bit unfortunate that they mentioned it being Stu Hamm's first LBGS in the mag though as he was there a few years ago, first year possibly? Hope some more players are announced soon, it's still looking a bit thin on the ground. Wondering if they are waiting for 101% confirmations after Armand Sabal Lecco had visa problems at the last minute last year.

Edited by Alun

[quote name='Bassjon' timestamp='1421663396' post='2663626']
They must be. Its a bit unfair these slow announcements. I've bought my Saturday ticket but would rather see Stu Hamm who has just appeared for the Sunday. Poo.

I was thinking the same thing. Why are there no guys from contemporary bands? I'd be really interested to hear from the likes of Chris Batten (Enter Shikari) to hear how he holds down that low end in a band that jumps between hardcore and EDM. Or Billy Gould from Faith No More y'know?
[/quote]

We've been talking about trying to get a Zon Billy Gould Signature bass over just for LBGS but timing may be tight :(

[quote name='Alun' timestamp='1421696517' post='2664105']
It's a bit unfortunate that they mentioned it being Stu Hamm's first LBGS in the mag though as he was there a few years ago, first year possibly? Hope some more players are announced soon, it's still looking a bit thin on the ground. Wondering if they are waiting for 101% confirmations after Armand Sabal Lecco had visa problems at the last minute last year.
[/quote]

I think the show was still called the London International Music Show when Stu was there last (I had a brief chat with him). If my recollection is correct, then this *will* be his first time at the LBGS as such.

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1416493792' post='2610828']
:lol: :lol: :lol: I hold MK personally responsible for making slapping acceptable and, for a time, even cool. He needs to make amends! :D
[/quote]

Maybe it's time for him to move into his heavy-gauge-flatwounds-on-a-p-bass period... Should slow him down a bit at least...

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1421845306' post='2665621']
After much juggling of my diary I have decided I can definitely make it this year. I'm hoping to attend both days, but it might just have to be the Saturday. Will have to leave till last minute to get ticket(s). Life is just too busy ATM! :)
[/quote] You can pay on the day :-)

I'm definitely coming, because the perfectly lovely Ferdinand Rikkers says he'll pay for my ticket so I can pick up the 5 string Olive top Bodyline he's building for me! (I am literally spending time looking at pictures of the one from last year). What nice guys, eh?

I like the lineup this year, actually - a lot of bassists I cut technique teeth on (Sheehan, Hamm, King). Is there any more news on that daft "pay for a seat" thing in the shows?

I'm gutted that I now can't go. I've ended up with some work in sunny Dubai over that period so I can't even skive off and pop in for a bit.
It's a shame as I was going through a thought process of selling my GT-10B in favour of individual pedals (having made the swap the other way a few years ago) and I was interested to see if anything that is of the normal radar would catch my eye.
It's probably best for my wallet that I can't make it though!
It's also a real shame as I was excited about seeing Billy, oh well. Stu Hamm is great to see too so that was up at the top of my to-do list.
Enjoy if you do go.

[quote name='basexperience' timestamp='1422378201' post='2671898']
I'm definitely coming, because the perfectly lovely Ferdinand Rikkers says he'll pay for my ticket so I can pick up the 5 string Olive top Bodyline he's building for me! (I am literally spending time looking at pictures of the one from last year). What nice guys, eh?

I like the lineup this year, actually - a lot of bassists I cut technique teeth on (Sheehan, Hamm, King). Is there any more news on that daft "pay for a seat" thing in the shows?
[/quote]
Cool! It's been quite a while since I've played a Rikkers, I almost forgot Ferdinand would be in London this year. Speaking of Dutch companies, I'm also very curious about the Aurora amp by Marc van der Kley. Oh and I also still have a loop pedal I borrowed from him a couple of years ago, might be bringing it to London :)