Why become a member? ×

Ashdown customer service!

mikebass84

Is quite possibly the best I've experienced in a while. Having emailed them in regards to which speaker I needed to replace my broken one, I received a quick reply from Guy who was helpful in answering a few other questions.

Finally got round to ordering my new speaker which arrived within two days of my order. Very well packaged.

Great products with great service. I can see me sticking with ashdown stuff for a while now

I too can vouch for their service.

A few years ago my combo stopped working at the end of a gig.I had bought it new approximately three years previously so I gave it to a friend to repair.

He rang Ashdown to get replacement parts and they asked him for the serial number,when he gave it to them they replied....."that is still under warranty,we have a five year warranty on our products," A replacement board for the pre amp section and a new speaker( it had burnt out the coil) was sent free of charge.

I know that some people would say ,so they should it's under warranty but my friend was/is a DIYer...not a registered business or agent for Ashdown .
I thought that their honesty was refreshing.

When I later moved to Tenerife and needed a new amp I bought an Ashdown!

Sounds like a well deserved pat on the back. The amps aren't for me alas, despite having tried them on a number of occasions, but I reckon a lot of manufacturers could learn a thing or two from the Ashdown fellas (yes, Hipshot, I'm looking at you).

Another happy Ashdown customer here.
I've been using a Mag200 kickback combo for 12 years now with no issues.
Around my amps 10th birthday while gigging at a festival in West Wales, some tw@t actually nicked all the knobs off the front of my amp! (We'd soundchecked and gone for a wander to kill some time).
I contacted Ashdown to see if I could buy a new set, worried that they might not have them anymore as my amp's a bit old now, and the nice chap on the phone there sympathized with me and sent out a replacement set free of charge! That's customer service for you!

[quote name='mikebass84' timestamp='1413054530' post='2574596']
Who steals knobs? (no rude jokes needed)
[/quote]

I would love to know too but it was the why rather than who that stumped me. A joke? Did someone on mushrooms think they might look nice on their cooker? A massive knob shortage in West Wales? (although the perpetrator proved that one wrong ;) )
Thankfully the replacements came with grub screws to keep them on, the old originals were just push on (and easily pulled off obviously).

Yes, another fan of Ashdown gear, but just upgraded to mesa (schoolboy bassist dream come true:) )
So, see my sig below, I have an extremely well kept and hardly used mag 400 amp head and mag4x10t cab for sale, very reasonable price for never gigged rig, gentle studio use only and led a charmed life.

Enquiries within, will post sale add as soon as I have pics uploaded.

[quote name='UglyDog' timestamp='1413031379' post='2574338'] (yes, Hipshot, I'm looking at you).
[/quote]

On the other hand, Hipshot was marvellous with me - they send me a whole loads of saddle bridges, grub screws and springs free of charge when I asked them for advice about an old bridge and intonation woes!

[quote name='UglyDog' timestamp='1413143429' post='2575275']
Blimey, maybe I'm talking to the wrong people then. I've emailed them (very nicely) four times now concerning my ultralite tuners. Not a sausage have i heard in reply. :(
[/quote]

How strange. I received my replies pretty quick. Maybe give them a phone call, your emails could have ended up in their junk folder (long shot but stranger things have happened)

[quote name='mikebass84' timestamp='1413054530' post='2574596']
Who steals knobs? (no rude jokes needed)
[/quote]

A friend had an old tractor that he used to display at agricultural shows and the like. He said he gave up because he had to spend all his time keeping an eye on the tractor as people would try to pinch whatever they could. At the end of a show, all the exhibitors would get together and discuss what had gone missing - badges, knobs off the gear levers, rubber gaiters, linkage pins, fuel caps, oil caps, dipsticks.

Some people will steal anything. B@st@rds.

[quote name='Raymondo' timestamp='1413030513' post='2574330']

When I later moved to Tenerife and needed a new amp I bought an Ashdown!
[/quote]

Sorry, bit of a thread hijack but did you get to play much in Tenerife. I'm a regular visitor to the Gigantes/ Puerto Santiago area and wondered if I had seen you.

I've also sometimes had thoughts of moving out there and doing a bit of playing to pay the rent. :)

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1413362021' post='2577408']
Sorry, bit of a thread hijack but did you get to play much in Tenerife. I'm a regular visitor to the Gigantes/ Puerto Santiago area and wondered if I had seen you.

I've also sometimes had thoughts of moving out there and doing a bit of playing to pay the rent. :)
[/quote]

I played almost exclusively in the puerto/gigantes area from 2006 to 2008. I was the bass player in the local band,variously called It's immaterial (can't remember the first name we used!) and phoenix...I still guest with them when I go over.

we split the band into a few different acts..."the Fender boys"...me Kevin and Paul. "just one more" ...me and smithy the bands singer .

Kevin (the bands drummer but also a singer guitarist) and me played as a duo.

We had gigs at Tajinaste,Route66,The Cabaret bar, The green corner,The Bamboo bar,Pilgrims...well everywhere in the area in fact! we even played at festivals in the square.

I loved it and it was the only time I managed to make a living from my bass.

The bar in the hills...Tajinaste was awesome when we first started playing there,they got greedy and asked us to play there too often in my opinion. it lost some of the atmosphere,but we always had a blast!

I am afraid Kevin passed away last December.......I was over for most of November and into December to help Maggie ,his partner with visits to hospital etc.

He was one of the nicest, most generous, warm and friendly people I have ever met.He is sorely missed.

[quote name='Raymondo' timestamp='1413382867' post='2577735']
The bar in the hills...Tajinaste was awesome when we first started playing there,they got greedy and asked us to play there too often in my opinion. it lost some of the atmosphere,but we always had a blast!

I am afraid Kevin passed away last December.......I was over for most of November and into December to help Maggie ,his partner with visits to hospital etc.

He was one of the nicest, most generous, warm and friendly people I have ever met.He is sorely missed.
[/quote]

:(

Ray I'm going to pm you rather than post in this thread.

• 4 years later...
On 11/10/2014 at 13:16, mikebass84 said:

Is quite possibly the best I've experienced in a while. Having emailed them in regards to which speaker I needed to replace my broken one, I received a quick reply from Guy who was helpful in answering a few other questions.

Finally got round to ordering my new speaker which arrived within two days of my order. Very well packaged.

Great products with great service. I can see me sticking with ashdown stuff for a while now

Just wanted to say that Ashdown have been outstanding with a beautiful Hayden guitar combo that has caused me a few problems (problems mostly of my own making I should add). We've had some challenges with couriers, guitarists who've used the wrong fuses etc, but Ashdown's comms and customer service are second to none; I love the 'why don't you pop in, have a cuppa, and we can take a look' approach (which I wish I'd done as it would have taken the courier out of the equation). Anyway, shout out to Guy and Dave for great comms and a really helpful attitude. 

And when I look at this thread I started, and then at my collection of Mesa and Ampeg gear, I have to wonder why I don't have more Ashdown bass gear :)

• Like 2