Why become a member? ×

The 'Show us your Limelight!' thread

wateroftyne

[quote name='Jazzneck' timestamp='1422457884' post='2672935']
Go topless young man, only fit a bridge cover.

This, admittedly, is a half-way house but it looks good, allows space to play and you can stick your knickers under the bridge cover to mute dem strings when needed.
[/quote]

I used to be a bridge-cover-only guy, but since I started palm-muting, I've done without...

i'm a bridge cover only guy, i did fit the pickup cover as well (the holes were already there) but after one short practice session i took it off. i don't really palm mute anymore, i switched to floating thumb instead.

Matt

[quote name='Marc S' timestamp='1419239285' post='2637778']
I think this must be the best looking bass I have ever seen!
Wow! just Wow! :)
[/quote]

Yarp. It's sitting in my little studio right next to me as we speak! It's lush alright and sounds brill too. Very glad I snaffled it up!

[attachment=182509:IMG_1680.jpg]

[quote name='dodge_bass' timestamp='1422730789' post='2676256']
Yarp. It's sitting in my little studio right next to me as we speak! It's lush alright and sounds brill too. Very glad I snaffled it up!

[attachment=182509:IMG_1680.jpg]
[/quote]

I'm not often envious - especially as I'm actually satisfied with the basses I have (for the moment anyway)
But sitting here reading this thread, and this comment in particular
..... I am now really really envious! ;)

Lucky you - it just looks perfect to me
One day, I'll order one of these fab basses....

Cheers all - but please stop teasing me with all these pics

Got it yesterday and can't put it down. Lovely classic P bass sound, and feels spot on. Really pleased by how even the tone is all along the neck.

Just missed a full day in the studio and evening gig on Monday, but have a gig this Saturday so can road test and see how it sits in the mix (very well I'd expect!).

I originally had a limelight maybe 18 months ago was a P bass olympic white over sunburst heavy relic foolishly sold it,

so have taken the plunge and just placed an order for a medium to heavy relic 63P in burgundy mist with matching headstock and rosewood board, have to say once again Mark has been excellent to deal with lead time 12 weeks now for the worst bit the waiting

After a couple of rehearsals and gigs, I can safely say that this is a [b]great[/b] bass! Sits prefectly in the mix, and really nails the classic flatwound P sound. An embarrassingly large amount of compliments from people who know what they're talking about. It's a good 'blank canvas' to shift the tone towards a more specific type too - I use an Aguilar Tone Hammer pre, and have some settings I've worked out that give me a very good B15 impersonation.

Very happy indeed :)

[quote name='Hector' timestamp='1423572285' post='2686418']
After a couple of rehearsals and gigs, I can safely say that this is a [b]great[/b] bass! Sits prefectly in the mix, and really nails the classic flatwound P sound. An embarrassingly large amount of compliments from people who know what they're talking about. It's a good 'blank canvas' to shift the tone towards a more specific type too - I use an Aguilar Tone Hammer pre, and have some settings I've worked out that give me a very good B15 impersonation.

Very happy indeed :)
[/quote]

Sounds lovely.

I should have put the order in for my P ages ago, but I just can't make my mind up on the colour!

It was going to be Oly, then LPB, but now I like the idea of charcoal frost. Gah!

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1423572887' post='2686436']
I should have put the order in for my P ages ago, but I just can't make my mind up on the colour!
[/quote]

Let me help you... aged oly white with tort guard and rosewood slab board, rolled edges. ;)
Appropriately aged ashtrays can only help enhance the pics!

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1423572887' post='2686436']

Sounds lovely.

It was going to be Oly, then LPB, but now I like the idea of charcoal frost. Gah!
[/quote]

I was the same but then kept going back to pics of your old Jazz on this thread so I emailed one to Mark basically saying "This please". Will hopefully be hearing some murmurs in the next few weeks :)