Why become a member? ×

The 'Show us your Limelight!' thread

wateroftyne

[quote name='dudi8' timestamp='1423728991' post='2688277']

[/quote]

Very, very nice indeed. That's the best Limelight Jazz I've seen since... 'my' 60s blonde stack-knob relic (now owned by three)!! :D
Well done, it looks a real peach and I bet it plays like one too.

Edited by discreet

Soooooo..... How long is long enough to leave it between placing your order and following up with a casual 'how's it going' email? Put mine in at the start of January so it should be working its way up the queue but all these pics are giving me itchy fingers!

[quote name='colleya' timestamp='1424267381' post='2694528']
Soooooo..... How long is long enough to leave it between placing your order and following up with a casual 'how's it going' email? Put mine in at the start of January so it should be working its way up the queue but all these pics are giving me itchy fingers!
[/quote]

I'd say six weeks is a bit hopeful. If Mark said 12 weeks, it could very well be eight weeks, so I'd hold off and see if you hear anything in two weeks. If not, then a polite enquiry [i]may [/i]be in order. But even then I'd give him a bit longer. Most builders would quote you 12 weeks and if they delivered your bass six months later, you would think yourself lucky! :)

Edited by discreet

[quote name='DaytonaRik' timestamp='1424333981' post='2695142']
I've had plenty of pre-order discussions with Mark - now we've agreed the spec I'll just leave him to it until he needs to know anything from me e.g. string gauge, preferred action etc. It will be ready when it's ready. Anticipating a late April/early May delivery B)
[/quote]

You might want to include that in your specification if you're specific about actions and string gauge. I don't remember Mark ever asking me about it. Just agreed the main spec and then he contacted to arrange shipping. I then had to adjust the action to my own taste and also fitted some Chromes after it arrived. I wasn't bothered because set ups are fairly easy (IMO) but the heel access truss rod/neck removal may put those less comfortable with adjustments off!

Just a heads up :-)

Edited by skej21

[quote name='Tweedledum' timestamp='1424328925' post='2695095']
Patience is a virtue.
[/quote]

Yep, suppose I've just got too much thinking time on my hands as it's half term! Got my first gig in ages this weekend to take my mind off it though :)

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1424334071' post='2695143']
I'm still wrestling with colour choices for the P I have in mind. I've narrowed it down to LPB and Charcoal Frost.
[/quote]

If you go with LPB will you specify parchment or mint pickguard and rosewood board? :)

[quote name='skej21' timestamp='1424334573' post='2695146']
Just agreed the main spec and then he contacted to arrange shipping. I then had to adjust the action to my own taste and also fitted some Chromes after it arrived.[/quote]
Same here. I'll set it up myself.
About the strings: I asked Mark to put LaBella 760FL on my P (they are perfect for that old school tone IMO).

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1424350287' post='2695399']
As for rosewood / maple that decision is still to be made. Rosewood is favourite...
[/quote]
Are you aiming for a 70's or 60's vibe? If it's 60's, there's no choice but rosewood. If it's 70's, I'd personally tend to a one piece maple neck. Then again, in combination with a metallic body finish I like rosewood better. Tough decision indeed.... ;)

[quote name='Tweedledum' timestamp='1424351595' post='2695421']
Are you aiming for a 70's or 60's vibe? If it's 60's, there's no choice but rosewood. If it's 70's, I'd personally tend to a one piece maple neck. Then again, in combination with a metallic body finish I like rosewood better. Tough decision indeed.... ;)
[/quote]

Very firmly early 70s, which gives me a number of options.

Damn you, choice!

*shakes fist at the sky*

[quote name='Tweedledum' timestamp='1424342546' post='2695268']

Same here. I'll set it up myself.
About the strings: I asked Mark to put LaBella 760FL on my P (they are perfect for that old school tone IMO).
[/quote]

Yeah I probably would have put LaBellas on but had a set of Chromes lying around so thought it'd save me £40. Sounds killer with the Chromes so I've stuck with it so far :-)

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1424339849' post='2695222']

You are obviously childless! :D
[/quote]

Nope! Two and five. I've been a good boy though and done all my half term homework early so I have a bit of time in the evening to browse. It's proving dangerous to the wallet!