Why become a member? ×

The 'Show us your Limelight!' thread

wateroftyne

[quote name='Veils' timestamp='1429186710' post='2748900']
I've just ordered one with a slightly more elaborate spec, it's cosing me just over 1100 in total.
[/quote]

You can't just say that and swan off you know! This place has rules! Spill the beans!

Edited by Bigwan

Sooooooooooo.........

60's jazz (stacked knobs), heavy relic, rosewood board with block inlays and bound neck.

As for colour, I've asked Mark to match the green from the Mexican flag (it's something like sherwood green), I've spotted an after market scratchplate which is the Mexican flag and it's also relic'd, so I'm going to try adding that when I get it. If it looks crappy, I'll stick with a white plate. Also matching headstock.

I will for sure. Anticipating it will be done some time around mid June. I did tell Mark there was no rush as it gives me time to get the funds together, but I've already been able to pay half the total cost, so I think I'll be good to pay up whenever it's ready :)

Can't wait!!! This will be my second custom build, the first was a Shuker and took 14 months so the short wait here is much better.

[quote name='Veils' timestamp='1429193575' post='2749059']
I've asked Mark to match the green from the Mexican flag (it's something like sherwood green)... Also matching headstock.
[/quote]

Sounds lush. That's quite a dark green though, isn't it? Should work well.

[quote name='peety' timestamp='1429200797' post='2749173']
Just received pictures from Mark of my finished bass to say I'm pleased is an understatement
[/quote]

A pink P!! Haven't ever seen one of those before. Looks great. You must be chuffed as a chuffed thing.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='peety' timestamp='1429200797' post='2749173']
Just received pictures from Mark of my finished bass to say I'm pleased is an understatement
[/quote]

WOW! Lucky you!
That looks fab :)
ooo, I'm jealous lol

All finished and should be with me next week. The brief was a replica of Phil's iconic maple boarded CSB era Precision, but worn to emulate how it would look today had Phil still been alive and playing - I don't think it's turned out so badly.

[attachment=190327:IMG_2569.jpg] [attachment=190328:IMG_2573.jpg] [attachment=190329:IMG_2572.jpg] [attachment=190330:IMG_2574.jpg]

A few others here

[font=Helvetica][size=3][url="https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#AC55Z2WMG9WQrP"]https://www.icloud.c...#AC55Z2WMG9WQrP[/url][/size][/font]

I love my heavy relic Jazz, yes I know the heavy relic can be a bit extreme but for me it's less about the looks and more about the feel. There is one but; when I first got my LL the level of tarnish on the metal work was low but one year on the pup screws and bridge saddles/springs/screws are in a pretty advanced state of corrosion to the point where I'm considering replacing them. So a couple of quick questions, has anyone else experienced this and has anyone done any swap outs (and if so what with)?

[quote name='martthebass' timestamp='1429879756' post='2755921']
I love my heavy relic Jazz, yes I know the heavy relic can be a bit extreme but for me it's less about the looks and more about the feel. There is one but; when I first got my LL the level of tarnish on the metal work was low but one year on the pup screws and bridge saddles/springs/screws are in a pretty advanced state of corrosion to the point where I'm considering replacing them. So a couple of quick questions, has anyone else experienced this and has anyone done any swap outs (and if so what with)?
[/quote]

NO NEED FOR SWAP OUTS!
Try this:
Take the bridge off as a complete unit and give it a misty squirt of WD40 all over.
Do the same to any other screws, springs etc. you want to sort out.
Rub the WD40 into all the nooks and crannies with an old tooth brush.
Ease the screws in and out of their threaded holes using appropriate Allen keys / screwdriver so that the screw threads get a coating of the WD40 internally as well.
Clean off with a lint free soft cloth and you should have a nice looking tarnished relic bridge assembly with lubricated screws (no rust) that'll last you for years.

Edited by Jazzneck