Why become a member? ×

The 'Show us your Limelight!' thread

wateroftyne

[quote name='Christian Houmann' timestamp='1432911050' post='2786163']
Hehe! Actually the one with bindings is not mine :)! But a friend of mine. Both sounds great but mine have a jazz neck and I prefer that
[/quote]

Ah yes, I see that now you mention it. Very nice.

[quote name='Christian Houmann' timestamp='1432412926' post='2781287']
Two Limelight P's in the house :)

[URL=http://s113.photobucket.com/user/Houmann/media/IMG_6879_zpsukji5csg.jpg.html][IMG]http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n216/Houmann/IMG_6879_zpsukji5csg.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
[/quote]

As no one else is - I'll have to do it.

My, what a lovely pair

That's better :)

• 2 weeks later...

My new Limelight is here!!! Just waiting for it to land, but Mark very kindly sent me some pictures this morning. I'm told the colour on the pictures isn't totally representative of reality. To give you an idea, the green is supposed to match that on the Mexican flag. Either way, this thing looks pretty tasty to me :)

[url="http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/lomas108/media/014.jpg.html"][/url]

[url="http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/lomas108/media/024.jpg.html"][/url]

[url="http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/lomas108/media/022.jpg.html"][/url]

[url="http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/lomas108/media/028.jpg.html"][/url]

Edited by Veils

[quote name='Christian Houmann' timestamp='1434007418' post='2795781']
How is Mark building time and do you pay a deposit ?
[/quote]

Very quick turnover at the moment, he's having a bit of a lull by all accounts (no luthier pun intended!).
I think a couple of hundred up front would set the wheels in motion. :)

Edited by discreet

Yup, he asks for 200 up front. I also told him that I may not have the funds ready by the time he was finished, it wasn't a problem.

Can't recommend highly enough, my new bass is absolutely beautiful. Even when I'm not playing it, I have it sat on the sofa next to me, literally can't stop looking at it!!!

Hiya Limlighters. Loving seeing all these new instruments coming up!

Trying to get my P set up the way I like it - bit too much effort to play at the moment, not sure if it's the action or the flats it's got on. Decided to try lowering the action a bit, but am having trouble with the rusted bridge. Can't seem to move the saddle screws at all.... Anyone got any tips, or is a replacement needed?

Edited by Hector

My limelight has arrived!

66 Jazz style, but P/J, with Master Vol/Blend/Tone. Note the tuning heads I sourced in Germany :)

It's a little lighter than the dark sherwood green I was going for but it's still lovely looking.

Mark forgot the chrome pickup cover over the P pickup but that's ordered and I will fit it myself.

Looks fantastic and amazingly authentic. Sounds wonderful too!
[attachment=194601:IMG_9586.JPG][attachment=194599:IMG_9584.JPG][attachment=194600:IMG_9585.JPG]
[attachment=194602:IMG_9590.JPG][attachment=194603:IMG_9591.JPG]

Edited by Mike

[quote name='Hector' timestamp='1434638709' post='2801443']
Hiya Limlighters. Loving seeing all these new instruments coming up!

Trying to get my P set up the way I like it - bit too much effort to play at the moment, not sure if it's the action or the flats it's got on. Decided to try lowering the action a bit, but am having trouble with the rusted bridge. Can't seem to move the saddle screws at all.... Anyone got any tips, or is a replacement needed?
[/quote]

I had a luthier friend sort mine ( it's a couple of pages back in this thread ), he couldn't unsieze the saddles. He put me some new brass saddles on which sorted the problem. I've kept the old ones but they're pretty much beyond redemption. I'll eventually put some threaded saddles back on to keep it period correct but at the minute it's a players bass so I sint too worried.

[quote name='Mike' timestamp='1434652016' post='2801573']

66 Jazz style, but P/J, with Master Vol/Blend/Tone. Note the tuning heads I sourced in Germany :)

It's a little lighter than the dark sherwood green I was going for but it's still lovely looking.

Mark forgot the chrome pickup cover over the P pickup but that's ordered and I will fit it myself.

[attachment=194601:IMG_9586.JPG][attachment=194599:IMG_9584.JPG][attachment=194600:IMG_9585.JPG]
[/quote]

Stunning. Well done!

[quote name='Mike' timestamp='1434652016' post='2801573']

[/quote]

Lovely looker Mike.
Whilst we are on, any chance of a link to the German lollipops please?
Cheers,
Karl.

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1434903440' post='2803715']
A word of warning. If you sell your Limelight, you will regret it. I sold mine and I very much regret it.
It has come back up for sale, I'm going to try and get her back. Keep your fingers crossed for me please :D
[/quote]

I sold mine too, and also very much regret it. Good luck with getting yours back, Karl. Mine's gone forever I think, I had to prioritise my 76P, then I needed to spend quite a chunk on an unrelated issue, so there it is.

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1434962307' post='2804097']
Lovely looker Mike.
Whilst we are on, any chance of a link to the German lollipops please?
Cheers,
Karl.
[/quote]

Cheers. Here - the lollypop HB2. Spain actually, not Germany!

http://egilegorbasses.com/egilegorbassesshop/en/tuners/20-hb2.html

[quote name='Mike' timestamp='1434999967' post='2804629']
If you send an email the guy is very helpful!

Thanks Mike.

[/quote][quote name='discreet' timestamp='1434963155' post='2804106']
I sold mine too, and also very much regret it. Good luck with getting yours back, Karl. Mine's gone forever I think, I had to prioritise my 76P, then I needed to spend quite a chunk on an unrelated issue, so there it is.
[/quote]

Well Mark I'm hoping my Dusty a like goes before my old Limelight does.
Twitchy nethers :mellow: :lol:

Here are some better quality pictures of my recent limelight.

Based on a 1966 Jazz bass, I asked Mark to do a P/J with the controls master volume/blend/tone - much preferable to me! Custom P/G with correct tuners (butterbean/lollipop style).

Sounds fantastic!

• Like 1

Wow! Just wow, again
I've gotta stop looking at this thread
It's giving me serious Limelight GAS

Just had a thought, I don't think I've yet seen a Limelight that I didn't like at all....
..... plenty I've had a burning desire to own......

[quote name='Marc S' timestamp='1435565512' post='2809954']
Wow! Just wow, again
I've gotta stop looking at this thread
It's giving me serious Limelight GAS

Just had a thought, I don't think I've yet seen a Limelight that I didn't like at all....
..... plenty I've had a burning desire to own......
[/quote]

Don't fight it buddy.............