Why become a member? ×

The 'Show us your Limelight!' thread

wateroftyne

[quote name='spiltmilk_2000' timestamp='1449786009' post='2926934']
The eagle has landed! Another cracker from Mark.
66 Jazz in Shoreline Gold, b&b rosewood neck, and both parchment and tort s/ps which I can't decide between! What would you do?

My only grumble is that its such a great colour but it doesn't come out in pics properly... Looks gold in the flesh but almost silver in photos!

[url="http://s304.photobucket.com/user/haywardruss/media/IMG_3140_zps08r8vtvq.jpg.html"][/url]

[url="http://s304.photobucket.com/user/haywardruss/media/IMG_3149_zpsepvb0bhj.jpg.html"][/url]

[/quote]

Yes the Shoreline Relic looks great. I really like this two picts.
I think it deserves a better camera, light and time to pay tribute to this great choice color :)
Lucky spiltmilk ! :)

I am staring at this white lady. Quite well.
I only wish the frets could be thinner :)

Edited by Emanew

Received this from Mark earlier.

[url="http://s37.photobucket.com/user/hessler312/media/001_zpsjc4pkx3y.jpg.html"][/url]

And a quick doodle with it.

[video=youtube;PyW20ML1Wj4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyW20ML1Wj4[/video]

Sorry for the sloppy playing. But the bass itself sounds amazing.

Edited by MikanHannille

[quote name='MikanHannille' timestamp='1450827144' post='2936325']
Received this from Mark earlier.

[url="http://s37.photobucket.com/user/hessler312/media/001_zpsjc4pkx3y.jpg.html"][/url]

And a quick doodle with it.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyW20ML1Wj4[/media]

Sorry for the sloppy playing. But the bass itself sounds amazing.
[/quote]

Looks amazing! Love the lighter relic
Enjoy your Christmas present to yourself :)
Happy NBD too

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#000000]This has already been posted as a NBD in 'Bass Guitars' but I feel 'Show us your Limelight!' is its spiritual home... :)[/color][/font]
[color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Limelight Dakota Red Precision Bass, 1963.[/font][/color]

[color=#D0D0D0][/color]
[color=#D0D0D0][/color]
[color=#D0D0D0][/color]
[color=#D0D0D0][/color]
[color=#D0D0D0][/color]
[color=#D0D0D0][/color]
[color=#D0D0D0][/color]
[color=#D0D0D0][/color]
[color=#D0D0D0][/color]
[color=#D0D0D0][/color]
[color=#D0D0D0][/color]
[color=#D0D0D0][/color]
[color=#D0D0D0][/color]
[color=#D0D0D0][/color]
[color=#D0D0D0][/color]
[color=#D0D0D0][/color]

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1452023552' post='2945683']
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#000000]This has already been posted as a NBD in 'Bass Guitars' but I feel 'Show us your Limelight!' is its spiritual home... :)[/color][/font]
[color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Limelight Dakota Red Precision Bass, 1963.[/font][/color]

[color=#D0D0D0][/color]

[/quote]

Very nice Mark, loving the light relic, you will have to bring it around at some point :)

[quote name='Rumple' timestamp='1452068486' post='2945975']
Very nice Mark, loving the light relic, you will have to bring it around at some point :)
[/quote]

I surely will, Dave. :)

[quote name='Jazzneck' timestamp='1452073995' post='2946037']
Nice one - it's a dead ringer for the 1963 I had in the late 1960s. I have a hazy pic of me at a rehearsal with it...
[/quote]

I would dearly like to see that pic! :)

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1452077518' post='2946082']
I would dearly like to see that pic! :)
[/quote]

Voila!

Not the best picture quality in the wold but it was taken in the spring of 1968.

Rehearsal at GPO Hall, Easton Street, High Wycombe.

[attachment=208793:image1 (1).JPG]

[quote name='Jazzneck' timestamp='1452092261' post='2946295']
Not the best picture quality in the wold but it was taken in the spring of 1968.
Rehearsal at GPO Hall, Easton Street, High Wycombe.
[/quote]

That's fantastic, thanks for posting! Good effort. I'll get it into PhotoShop and see if I can improve it any. Great pic! :D

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1452106456' post='2946519']
That is a great pic.
Don't you still have those side burns Mr. Jazzneck? :lol:
[/quote]

Oi certainly do Mr.Gary Mac!

I went for about 30 years doing the day job with short, neatly trimmed hair and no sidies then, just prior to retirement in 2010 a couple of photos, including this one, were discovered and my sons and colleagues dared me to grow them again.

So I did....and b*ll*cks to the lot of you! :P

Yesterday I went to the barbers for a tidy up and I will admit that even after the haircut, my hair and sidies are longer today than they are in that photo.

However, all is now silver and grey, a small area of thinning at the back of the scalp and the length of the sidies has increased on account of the fact that the curvature around my face has also increased due to serious fatness. :D

Edited by Jazzneck

Thank you Discreet, a great job.

For the anoraks:

I was playing through a blonde Fender Bassman head going into a home made 15" cabinet which the head is sitting on and the recovered Vox T60 cabinet half hidden by the chair and my jacket.

On top of said cabinet is my packet of No.6 Tipped and my IMCO lighter. <_<

Edited by Jazzneck

[quote name='Jazzneck' timestamp='1452108742' post='2946559']
Oi certainly do Mr.Gary Mac!

I went for about 30 years doing the day job with short, neatly trimmed hair and no sidies then, just prior to retirement in 2010 a couple of photos, including this one, were discovered and my sons and colleagues dared me to grow them again.

So I did....and b*ll*cks to the lot of you! :P

Yesterday I went to the barbers for a tidy up and I will admit that even after the haircut, my hair and sidies are longer today than they are in that photo.

However, all is now silver and grey, a small area of thinning at the back of the scalp and the length of the sidies has increased on account of the fact that the curvature around my face has increased due to serious fatness. :D
[/quote]

Good for you, what's the point in growing old sensibly :lol:
My area of thinning at the back is expanding at a fair old rate, almost as quickly as the bloody stuff grows in my ears :angry:

My OCD got the better of me finally. I originally specced a parchment guard for this bass, but every other Dakota P I've seen anywhere seems to have a green mint guard as standard. So I found an 'aged' USA mint P guard on eBay... you can't see the subtleties in this pic, but it's a great job, not overdone and fits well with the overall level of relic. Pleased!

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1452300429' post='2948786'] My OCD got the better of me finally. I originally specced a parchment guard for this bass, but every other Dakota P I've seen anywhere seems to have a green mint guard as standard. So I found an 'aged' USA mint P guard on eBay... you can't see the subtleties in this pic, but it's a great job, not overdone and fits well with the overall level of relic. Pleased! [/quote]

Hmmm, that's very nice!