Why become a member? ×

No More Limelight Fender Decals

discreet

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1404127447' post='2489465']

This has all got very complicated. So to summarise...

Discreet had an NBD thread relating to his new Limelight bass. WoT had a similar thread. I made a few comments on WoT's thread which, in hindsight, were not in the appropriate place. I acted on advice given, and started another thread which underwent a couple of title changes due to the fact that I was not 100% sure what the actual subject matter was!

Many posts were made in that thread, and as a result of it (seemingly) the guy who makes Limelight basses made a decision about the branding of his basses. That was brought to our attention by Discreet in [b][i]this[/i][/b] thread. :)

Despite Karlfer's accusation, I did [b][i]not[/i][/b] have (and [i][b]do[/b][/i] not have) an "agenda". I stated this clearly in the thread that [b][i]I[/i][/b] started. But some people do not read all of a thread before contributing. And to think that [i][b]I[/b][/i] was accused of being "easily offended"!! :D
[/quote]

Completely agree. As one of those who suggested a new thread was a good idea (to stop poor Michaels NBD thread descending into chaos!) I think your intentions were purely objective (No agenda!) and I have enjoyed reading yours and others views on the subject as a result of this thread. Marks decision to change his business plan was probably already made and this has simply given him clarification that it was the right decision.

It was a matter of time before this turned into a verbal brawl because of a few people who don't read the thread properly and go in all guns blazing... Isn't that what Basschat is all about?! :-P

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1404129261' post='2489490']
Aggressive posts will be deleted or moderated. Lets keep it on topic and not fall out :)
[/quote]

Sorry about that :blush: I agree about the not falling out, but, to be fair - my post was "on topic" to an extent! ;)

All is well now and the medication is starting to kick in. Apologies to anyone who read my post before it was deleted... :( :ph34r:

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1404129403' post='2489494'] I do not know Conan personally, and the thing I most remember him for is him heavily criticising me.
...misguidedly of course. :D
[/quote]

Gulp! :blush: Did I?? :unsure: Er.... my only defence is that I was acting in truly misguided ignorance - it does happen occasionally.... all water under the bridge (like that J bass I dropped in the bath). Sorry, sorry, sorry! :(

[size=2]But you probably deserved it... ;) [/size]

[quote name='BetaFunk' timestamp='1404158534' post='2489917']
Best laugh on here for ages. Didn't read all the posts because i have a life but it did remind my why i don't bother with BC much anymore.
[/quote]

Erm... Thank you for your valuable insight.

Edited by mcnach

Best laugh on here for ages. Didn't read all the posts because i have a life but it did remind my why i don't bother with BC much anymore.
[/quote]

And I'm sure we're all the much worse off for it.

[/quote]

And we have a winner in the "pointless post of the year" category! :D

[/quote]

You should really have read [i]all [/i]the posts - then the laugh would have been [i]even louder![/i]
But I do understand that the laugh/life balance is hard to get right - particularly when laughing at something you don't bother with.

There are those of us who crave the big F on a beaten up headstock. Obviously F have the copyright on that. There are ways to satisfy that craving an F aesthetic (and that is what it is without a doubt) without treading on their toes.

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/192744-relic-j5/

If anyone ever wonders why we have to live in a world wracked by conflict and war, then let them read Basschat for half an hour.

If people can get so worked up about a Fender decal ( or the absence thereof ) then what chance is there of bringing peace to the Middle East? ( Although to be fair, Hamas are slightly more relaxed about most things than the average bass player. It's one thing to be unjustly discriminated against in your homeland , but at least they aren't caught up in the whole roundwound versus flatwounds thing.)

Edited by Dingus

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1404492758' post='2493226']
If people can get so worked up about a Fender decal (or the absence thereof) then what chance is there of bringing peace to the Middle East?
[/quote]

Basschat is just a bit of light relief for me. [size=4]I get my daily reality hit by planning for a post-oil society.[/size]

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1404497807' post='2493288']
Basschat is just a bit of light relief for me. I get my daily reality hit by planning for a post-oil society.

[/quote]

Thanks for that, I was having a rare good day :)

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1404492885' post='2493229']
My posts are pointless, but then again my life is pointless, just like yours. Let's face it, we're all just marking time waiting for the inevitable. And when you go, you can't take your basses with you.
[/quote]

All the more reason to have fun while you can, right? :D